Far div ye bide?

Geoff_Tipps

Used to really like Blur, but my god Albarn has a piss poor vocal (especiallylive), is a grade A prick and Leisure has always been shit. 

Justine and Brett absolutely rip him to shreads in their biographies. Told the UK music press they were pathetic junkies, unlike him, when he was the first one on heroin and fucked various people up. I'm not a man of violence, but I'd happily punch him in the face. 

4 hours ago, G31DON said:

Used to really like Blur, but my god Albarn has a piss poor vocal (especiallylive), is a grade A prick and Leisure has always been shit. 

Justine and Brett absolutely rip him to shreads in their biographies. Told the UK music press they were pathetic junkies, unlike him, when he was the first one on heroin and fucked various people up. I'm not a man of violence, but I'd happily punch him in the face. 

I've got 'Coal Black Mornings' sitting on the shelf, worth a read? 

I still like DA. Disagree about his vocals, just a different delivery style to his contemporaries. 

47 minutes ago, Dad said:

Here consi son - what do you like about him? 

He's a fucking cunt

His music. I don't know that there's ever been a more prolific British musician, ever. 

To go from being in a really successful rock band, to starting something totally new, animated and all sorts, and that arguably being bigger, is totally mental. He's got hits for days, and he's a quality songwriter. He's a lover of music and through watching interviews etc with him I've managed to broaden my own horizons, musically. 

I know a few folk who've met him and said he's a sound cunt. Probably been famous for so long he falls into the pitfalls of arseholery, but the guy is a musical and pop genius, no mistake. 

I still like Suede. They are/were brilliant. Never got into Elastica tho. 

8 hours ago, G31DON said:

Correct

Only reason justine got a career in music was through association with DA. Her band were dogshit and she was a beaut. 

Leisure>suede>elastica

15 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Really? I think that's a massive exaggeration, no matter how much you like Damon albarn. 

Give me an artist with a higher success rate? 

Even Bowie was somewhat irrelevant for 20/25 years at one point, although I should say I like just about everything he did. DA has been doing it for 30 years now, spanning all sorts of genres of music, collaborators etc etc. He's one of a handful of people who could sellout arena tours with both his bands. 

He also keeps trying to make things that are new and interesting. If you compare that to his peers like the Gallagher bros, they just churn out the same chords, same shit every time they release anything. 

Guest milne_afc
5 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Give me an artist with a higher success rate? 

Define ‘success’ and who has the final say on credibility, I wonder?

7 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Define ‘success’ and who has the final say on credibility, I wonder?

I mean tell me someone who has two bands of essentially different genres, that could sell out stadium tours across Europe? 

The Gorillaz do stadium tours in the states as well. 

Obv it's subjective how much you like an artist  but I don't think I'm wrong in saying he's one of the most prolific British artists ever. 

2 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Gorrilaz are a novelty act/utter shit. I’m not getting involved in this.

Maybe an age thing. I grew up listening to them long before I got into Blur. 

Gorrillaz are kawality!

Guest milne_afc
1 minute ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Paul Weller is honkoid. 

Giving rise to the ‘Wellend’ his best contribution outside of Style Council

15 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Bowie and Paul Weller are the two that immediately spring to mind. 

And two I won't begrudge. 

Espeically Weller, similar situation to DA, two different bands that he could sell out stadiums with. 

But! I don't think PW consistently churns out as good tunes as DA. Certainly not songs that the masses like as much. The Gorillaz are massive in US of A. 

Bowie as I said, did have a period from maybe 1985 up until the Next Day where people weren't that keen on it. Naturally, his admirers stuck around as they always would, but a lot of the press turned their nose up at his late 80's/early 80's shit. That's what makes him great tho. 

One thing the people we've mentioned have never done is 'play to the gallery.' 

I think that's why I can't get into your Liam and Noels, I just feel like it's the same shit over and over, it's all they know how to do, and they know their fans like it. 

17 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

And two I won't begrudge. 

Espeically Weller, similar situation to DA, two different bands that he could sell out stadiums with. 

But! I don't think PW consistently churns out as good tunes as DA. Certainly not songs that the masses like as much. The Gorillaz are massive in US of A. 

Bowie as I said, did have a period from maybe 1985 up until the Next Day where people weren't that keen on it. Naturally, his admirers stuck around as they always would, but a lot of the press turned their nose up at his late 80's/early 80's shit. That's what makes him great tho. 

One thing the people we've mentioned have never done is 'play to the gallery.' 

I think that's why I can't get into your Liam and Noels, I just feel like it's the same shit over and over, it's all they know how to do, and they know their fans like it. 

l-intro-1620410303.jpg
photo sharing

3 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

His music. I don't know that there's ever been a more prolific British musician, ever. 

I know you’re at it but come away min

you honestly gonna say he’s up there in the songwriting stakes with Jagger et al?

do you rate that Good Bad Queen stuff? I listened because of who the bassist was. Never made it to the end of the album, as per all DA albums 

11 minutes ago, Poodler said:

I know you’re at it but come away min

you honestly gonna say he’s up there in the songwriting stakes with Jagger et al?

do you rate that Good Bad Queen stuff? I listened because of who the bassist was. Never made it to the end of the album, as per all DA albums 

I like some of GBQ stuff. Not something I took to all that much. 

I think, whilst I do like them, the Stones are one of the most overrated bands in music history. Just how I see it bruv. 

DA is up there with the British greats. 

Just below Elizabeth Fraser and one above Jim/William Reid. 

36 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

Day aff the day, Consi? 

Was supposed to. Got up at 6 to be told I wasn't needed til 12. Now told I'm needed at 12. Waiting on a flight that'll never go probs. 

The joys.