Far div ye bide?

Geoff_Tipps

Guest milne_afc
1 minute ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Paul Weller is honkoid. 

Giving rise to the ‘Wellend’ his best contribution outside of Style Council

15 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Bowie and Paul Weller are the two that immediately spring to mind. 

And two I won't begrudge. 

Espeically Weller, similar situation to DA, two different bands that he could sell out stadiums with. 

But! I don't think PW consistently churns out as good tunes as DA. Certainly not songs that the masses like as much. The Gorillaz are massive in US of A. 

Bowie as I said, did have a period from maybe 1985 up until the Next Day where people weren't that keen on it. Naturally, his admirers stuck around as they always would, but a lot of the press turned their nose up at his late 80's/early 80's shit. That's what makes him great tho. 

One thing the people we've mentioned have never done is 'play to the gallery.' 

I think that's why I can't get into your Liam and Noels, I just feel like it's the same shit over and over, it's all they know how to do, and they know their fans like it. 

3 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

His music. I don't know that there's ever been a more prolific British musician, ever. 

I know you’re at it but come away min

you honestly gonna say he’s up there in the songwriting stakes with Jagger et al?

do you rate that Good Bad Queen stuff? I listened because of who the bassist was. Never made it to the end of the album, as per all DA albums 

11 minutes ago, Poodler said:

I know you’re at it but come away min

you honestly gonna say he’s up there in the songwriting stakes with Jagger et al?

do you rate that Good Bad Queen stuff? I listened because of who the bassist was. Never made it to the end of the album, as per all DA albums 

I like some of GBQ stuff. Not something I took to all that much. 

I think, whilst I do like them, the Stones are one of the most overrated bands in music history. Just how I see it bruv. 

DA is up there with the British greats. 

Just below Elizabeth Fraser and one above Jim/William Reid. 

36 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

Day aff the day, Consi? 

Was supposed to. Got up at 6 to be told I wasn't needed til 12. Now told I'm needed at 12. Waiting on a flight that'll never go probs. 

The joys. 

45 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

Folk who bore others arguing their taste in music is the best and share vids of songs to try and prove it. Fuck right off.

That's for the pet hates thread. 

I enjoy talking about music. I'm just posting songs more saying 'try this on for size' and if you don't like it, fair fucks. 

Don't poop your punts'

Just now, Poodler said:

Slade > Blur

sorry Consi I know you’re on the wind up but this is more shocking than any minor poom poom chat 

I'm not on the wind up. Expressing an opinion on music, is all. 

One of life's best topics. 

Country House is an abomination. I think 99% of humans inc. the band themselves agree with that. Mental it gets airtime on radio today just cos it sold a few copies back then purely because of blur fans taking a side in the oasis v blur media panto.

Roll With it was also shite but better than CH. Everything was better than CH.

13 minutes ago, G31DON said:

Albarn is a Chelsea fan as well. Case closed. 

So are heaps oh folk in China. 

Means fuck a' noo

Now, if he was a hun, he wouldn't stand up for the cunt

5 hours ago, Simply Red said:

Country House is an abomination. I think 99% of humans inc. the band themselves agree with that. Mental it gets airtime on radio today just cos it sold a few copies back then purely because of blur fans taking a side in the oasis v blur media panto.

Roll With it was also shite but better than CH. Everything was better than CH.

Least it had Jo Guest in the video..?

Prick?