Less than 10k fans at the Hibs and Hearts games

says the club. 

Around 65% of season ticket members are predicted at these games. This is largely due to those not ready to come back and those choosing instead to use their Virtual Season Ticket. Even with sufficient matchday tickets available and an 800 allocation for away support, as well as the game being shown live in the UK on a PPV basis, the expected crowd will be under the 10,000 threshold and therefore not subject to the proof of vaccine scheme.

Given the challenges we face in training staff and stewards on the implementation of the legislation in a reasonable and lawful manner, this will alleviate any undue pressure on them and the Club.

Our recent survey revealed that the vast majority of our fans are fully vaccinated and the Club continues to support the Scottish Government and the NHS in the roll-out of the vaccine programme by making Pittodrie available as drop-in clinic.

The safety and wellbeing of our fans remain paramount and we will continue to adhere to the Covid protocols and procedures which are set out in operational plans approved by Aberdeen City Council’s safety committee.

We will review our approach and estimated attendance numbers, in line with the legislation, after these fixtures and reassess the situation for subsequent matches.

17 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Fans aren't ready to comeback is a shite excuse.

And they are deluding themselves. 

Wise up that's a great move by the club - I'm sure they expect over 10k but have just wangled their way out of having to enforce the passport pish

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Roberto said:

There is that way of looking at it, for sure. And I don't disagree to that element.

I looked at it from a view point of, the team is failing and crowds are falling for that reason, and not due to what they are saying, because I'm pissed off with the way the club is right now.

I thought you’d be smarter than that. 

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

What would happen if the match ended up 10,000 or over? 

Can't imagine it would be good. 

Pretty sure it would be easy to hide, I mind years ago a few games being given low 'official' attendances when quite clearly there was a lot more in the ground than said. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, SDY said:

They’ll be made to do it and we will look like imbeciles again in a few days or weeks time. Why would there be a loophole that goes on expected crowds rather than tickets sold? 

Yep I'd be amazed if they get away with this supposed 'loophole', especially for a ticketed event.  Their only hope is that the scheme is delayed again. 

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

It’s a fairly transparent attempt to save staff & fans hassle in my opinion. 

There will definitely be more than 10,000 there for these games, but probably not by much. If it were games against St Mirren or Livingston or something then quite possibly we wouldn't make it over the 10,000 the way things are just now. That alone must be alarming to Cormack who's made such a big deal about hitting 15,000 season tickets within 2-3 years never mind match day attendance. If the current winless run continues until the end of the month we'll be under 10,000 before you know it. That might be the thing that causes Cormack to pull the trigger rather than the results themselves.

5 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

There will definitely be more than 10,000 there for these games, but probably not by much. If it were games against St Mirren or Livingston or something then quite possibly we wouldn't make it over the 10,000 the way things are just now. That alone must be alarming to Cormack who's made such a big deal about hitting 15,000 season tickets within 2-3 years never mind match day attendance. If the current winless run continues until the end of the month we'll be under 10,000 before you know it. That might be the thing that causes Cormack to pull the trigger rather than the results themselves.

I'm not convinced there will be 9201 home fans.

13,007 tickets sold for St Johnstone game but any ideas how many turned up? I'd say it was between 10,000 and 11,000. We quote tickets sold these days and not the attendance.

39 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Correct. There will be more than 10k. 
The club are just bending the rules. 

As you say though, if we had a good manager & a decent team and we’re up where we should be, we’d be looking at 15k easily.

The fact we’ll be at 10,500-11,000 is piss poor & on Glass.
Cormack won’t tolerate that very long. 
I hope 

2 hours ago, SDY said:

They’ll be made to do it and we will look like imbeciles again in a few days or weeks time. Why would there be a loophole that goes on expected crowds rather than tickets sold? 

If you bothered to read the statement from the club you'd see they've said only 65% of ticket holders turn up on average

1 minute ago, DelMonte said:

Dodgy Dave strikes again! 

Fucking off Milne, pumping in millions, sacked McInnes, stadium at Kingsford dead in the water, looking at move to the beach, tarting up Pittodrie, starting The Red Shed, fucking off the bonkers 10k Covid Certificate policy. 

The mans played a stormer so far (Glass appointment aside obviously). 

• Upvote 5