What's a fair wage?

daytripping

3 minutes ago, Misers Hill said:

Ats fae I meant? Gobbels .Bill be a mean Gobbels ?..creased..?

I think Bill is more intelligent than he lets on, followed his own path, could have just been a casual. Would have been an easier life for him. I don't know him well enough to chat to but he's an interesting character, he's been behind me in many battles. 

9 minutes ago, daytripping said:

I think Bill is more intelligent than he lets on, followed his own path, could have just been a casual. Would have been an easier life for him. I don't know him well enough to chat to but he's an interesting character, he's been behind me in many battles. 

He certainly is bud..ken him well.but a fucking madman..I could tell you some crackers about him and shortarse...you gan to this bash on Saturday?

9 hours ago, daytripping said:

Out of interest stalker boy, do you have pictures of bluto all over your bedroom wall at mums? eye's torn out. You dribbling at the mouth shouting abuse at them for him being more popular than you? It honestly wouldn't surprise me, never seen someone follow a poster around like a lovesick teenage lassie that's been binned. Sad as fuck mate, he lives in your brain rent free. Is it cause he has kids and you can't manage? It must be something?

he’s hot a tattoo of me on his chest.

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, daytripping said:

Out of interest stalker boy, do you have pictures of bluto all over your bedroom wall at mums? eye's torn out. You dribbling at the mouth shouting abuse at them for him being more popular than you? It honestly wouldn't surprise me, never seen someone follow a poster around like a lovesick teenage lassie that's been binned. Sad as fuck mate, he lives in your brain rent free. Is it cause he has kids and you can't manage? It must be something?

??.

AK's infatuation of @Bluto10 reminds me of this scene from I'm Alan Partridge....

• Haha 4
20 hours ago, milne_afc said:

Too many places adopting that ‘assumed gratuity’ service charge or whatever it’s called, pain in the arse. I tip when it’s deserved. Miserable dogs get fuck all.

Was in the Braided Fig last month, their ‘optional gratuity’ was added to the final total, so you’d have to request another bill without it if the service was shite. Did nothing to warrant a £10 tip, entertaining twa folk 

31 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Get a better government is surely the answer then.

We won't as folk are seduced by shite that they promise that never happens and low taxes which we're told is a good thing (its not).

The current government waste money on shite,  Labour would take it to another level if they were elected and have done previously.

Do you enjoy paying tax?  You could always volunteer to pay more if you think high taxes are a good thing

only thing about people wanting higher wages, is that they don't want to pay the prices, to give other people higher wages

kind of difficult to say what is a fair wage, some people gets paid lots, and are lazy kunts, and spend lot of time training as opposed to working - and other people get paid little but work like trojans  

similar that lot of people get paid high based on their paper qualifications, rather than what added value they bring, and other people who add value are paid less, cos they don't have the paper qualifications. 

17 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

I went to the one in Partick a few year back to see if I could print something 

Got told to eff off as I wasn’t a member 

Told the bitch to shove her library up her arse 

I went to my local library to try and print a document in colour for an application to the council ultimately responsible for the library. Couldn't be done I was told. 

Got it printed off at the local pub. 

Pubs>Libraries

1 hour ago, Fridge said:

Why?

For better public services and a more equal society. 

1 hour ago, Fridge said:

For the government to piss it up against a wall, do you trust Sturgeon or Boris to spend it wisely?

I don't base my viewpoints on what I think is right and wrong on who the government is. 

1 hour ago, Fridge said:

I’d rather give it to charity

People don't do that sufficiently though. 

Not usually one to penny pinch but it's fairly noticeable that the cost of just about everything has increased.

Local pub announces an "exciting **new** menu." The only new things on the menu were the new higher prices.

Grocery shops are costing an extra £5 - £10. Fuel is an extra few quid to fill up. Gas and electricity prices going up. It adds up.

A fair wage a few months ago is now looking not so fair.

51 minutes ago, Henry said:

The Fridgemeister seems to think donating to charity and paying tax are interchangeable.

Fed up with poor roads? Donate to the RNLI.

Lack of PPE in the local hospital? Put a pound in the guide dogs for the blind tin. 

I never said we shouldn’t pay any tax of course we need to pay something towards all of that

I just think everyone should pay the same rate (unless you make next to nothing and then you should be excempt)

But I don’t see why I should have to pay a higher rate of a tax if I earn more, by default you are paying more tax anyway proportionately to what you earn - and all it does encourage folk to pay themselves in dividends to save a fortune

19 minutes ago, Fridge said:

all it does encourage folk to pay themselves in dividends to save a fortune

I'm not a tax expert so hence the question. Is it possible that someone earning £100k using the limited company dividend method pays less tax (not proportion of earnings, less tax overall) than someone earning say, £30k per annum?

44 minutes ago, Fridge said:

I never said we shouldn’t pay any tax of course we need to pay something towards all of that

I just think everyone should pay the same rate (unless you make next to nothing and then you should be excempt)

But I don’t see why I should have to pay a higher rate of a tax if I earn more, by default you are paying more tax anyway proportionately to what you earn - and all it does encourage folk to pay themselves in dividends to save a fortune

You want more regressive taxation and the gap between rich and poor to grow. At least you're up front about it, I guess.