Crisps

1 minute ago, GAME OF BILLIONS said:

You'll love this, Mr Gadd! I make my own crisps! Slice the tatties with a mandoline (nae the string instrument!) then fry them in duck fat, £1.50 from Bargain Buys. Add my own flavouring, usually Chinese salt (from Wuhan?) or Cajun seasoning. It's a hassle at first, but you get the knack. I like making my own popcorn with coconut oil, it's good for you, unlike the seed oils.

I got diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes last September, totally out of the blue, over the fucking phone, too, not even by my own doctor. So it was diet change time. It's a cunt changing diet for proper health reasons, but it motivates more than just being fat. I stopped drinking booze in 2018, but when I delved into the causes of diabetes, I eventually encountered the research on plant and seed oils, mostly through a doctor in that America, Dr Chris Knobbe. He has done 35 years of research into chronic illnesses.

Anyway, I still love my food! I just had to change my diet. It's pretty grim how unhealthy Scotland is these days. We used to be healthy as fuck, robust, hardy warriors. My granda is 98, the war (Navy, signalman, Malta) was fuck all to him, it was working as a painter for the Council that was the epic saga of blood and toil, daring do! He's got some stories!

The kind of flavouring only a male chef can add eh?

Dirty boy.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, GAME OF BILLIONS said:

You'll love this, Mr Gadd! I make my own crisps! Slice the tatties with a mandoline (nae the string instrument!) then fry them in duck fat, £1.50 from Bargain Buys. Add my own flavouring, usually Chinese salt (from Wuhan?) or Cajun seasoning. It's a hassle at first, but you get the knack. I like making my own popcorn with coconut oil, it's good for you, unlike the seed oils.

I got diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes last September, totally out of the blue, over the fucking phone, too, not even by my own doctor. So it was diet change time. It's a cunt changing diet for proper health reasons, but it motivates more than just being fat. I stopped drinking booze in 2018, but when I delved into the causes of diabetes, I eventually encountered the research on plant and seed oils, mostly through a doctor in that America, Dr Chris Knobbe. He has done 35 years of research into chronic illnesses.

Anyway, I still love my food! I just had to change my diet. It's pretty grim how unhealthy Scotland is these days. We used to be healthy as fuck, robust, hardy warriors. My granda is 98, the war (Navy, signalman, Malta) was fuck all to him, it was working as a painter for the Council that was the epic saga of blood and toil, daring do! He's got some stories!

Good for you GOB! 

Be careful with the mandoline! 

That's a cunt about the diabetes, but sounds like you are making all the right moves (love Tom Cruise) to keep it under control. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

The kind of flavouring only a male chef can add eh?

Dirty boy.

Gordon Ramsay sends me this huge vat of "special cream dip" in early December every year. Apparently, he and his celebrity chums (Bill Clinton, Charlie Sheen, OJ Simpson) all get together at their secret Hollywood parties and they all, "make a contribution" Ramsay says to this special cream dip. Very, very salty, they must use that fancy Himalayan salt or something. Goes down a treat with my family, that's for sure!

2 minutes ago, styrofoamplates said:

Good for you GOB! 

Be careful with the mandoline! 

That's a cunt about the diabetes, but sounds like you are making all the right moves (love Tom Cruise) to keep it under control. 

Tom Cruise can't get diabeetus, of course, he's at Level 77 of Scientology, the man's beyond illness.

Aye, I took a proper, proper slice off my right thumb the first time I used the mandoline! I jab a fork in the tattie now! 

9 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

You can still get spring onion crisps from Home Bargains. ( golden wonder) 

Aye, they are awrite. Markies do a spring onion handcooked number which are decent. 

Pickled onion meanies were guid, a few 5p bags of them, a bottle of Pola cola and a half share in 10 regal king size from the ice cream van at school. All this from a dirty hairy one pound note. Happy days. 

28 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

I used to roll up a bit of sliced topside beef and put salt n vinegar square crisps in it. That was quite nice. 

Now you come to mention it. Sandwich made with buttered soft white bread. Spread one slice with raspberry jam and slice a banana on the other then stick it together, tastes great.

Need to buy some raspberry jam now as got the bananas and bread. See what you've started 🤣