Dundee 2 - 1 Aberdeen

3 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Don’t remember Lewis being dropped by Glass last season, didn’t Lewis get injured allowing Woods to play.

You're right, I stand corrected. 

Though Woods kept his place for a couple of games once Lewis was back on the bench. 

If we could afford Cerny as a back up then we could have afforded to look for another goalie to replace Woods.  I know they maybe thought they had bigger fish to fry but it felt lazy. 

12 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Probs can't afford to have two goalies on decent  wages, and other areas needed strengthened. 

My guess

Precisely this

Nevertheless, the next guy in the hotseat is going to have to address the problem as a matter of urgency. And if Cormack doesn't like having Lewis sitting on the bench for the next 2 and three quarter seasons (because even with us offering to cover a hefty portion of his wages as bait in order to try to move him on I still think clubs will view him as far too much of a bombscare to risk signing) then tough shit.....he could always offer a partial pay off to see if Lewis might be tempted to retire although I doubt that would work either.

5 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Precisely this

Nevertheless, the next guy in the hotseat is going to have to address the problem as a matter of urgency. And if Cormack doesn't like having Lewis sitting on the bench for the next 2 and three quarter seasons (because even with us offering to cover a hefty portion of his wages as bait in order to try to move him on I still think clubs will view him as far too much of a bombscare to risk signing) then tough shit.....he could always offer a partial pay off to see if Lewis might be tempted to retire although I doubt that would work either.

Or he could sign some decent defenders allowing Lewis to regain his confidence and form? Can’t be easy playing with two absolute bombscares in front of you

6 minutes ago, NEM said:

Or he could sign some decent defenders allowing Lewis to regain his confidence and form? Can’t be easy playing with two absolute bombscares in front of you

If you use that argument then you have to accept that the reverse could also apply and that the central defenders might be better with a 'keeper they had confidence in playing behind them.

No matter what....Lewis' shortcomings with the ball at his feet are never ever going to improve. 

I'm stating the fucking obvious here but I gave up on him ages ago. 

3 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

If you use that argument then you have to accept that the reverse could also apply and that the central defenders might be better with a 'keeper they had confidence in playing behind them.

No matter what....Lewis' shortcomings with the ball at his feet are never ever going to improve. 

I'm stating the fucking obvious here but I gave up on him ages ago. 

Did you? 

You sound like FnD ffs.