Dundee 2 - 1 Aberdeen

2 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Some disquiet amongst the Dandies tonight, I hear.

Some stupid cunt throw a smoke bomb in amongst his fellow fans

He probably threw it in hope of getting a football banning order

stupid Cunt could have waited a couple of weeks & done something a little more worthwhile for a banning order

4 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Yeah, but that's an aggregate points accumulation over a period of months, rather than an indicator of who's currently better. 

Let's say Sevco had been deducted 20 points for being Huns before the season started, they'd currently be on 0 points. 

By your logic that would make us a better team than Sevco. 

Let's say Sevco hadn't been deducted 20  points then.  I say that because they haven't. 

37 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Really not sure at this point.

Before tonight’s game, I could see what we were trying to do, but tonight was a complete shambles with so much to pick apart.

1. Lack of fight and desire. We just didn’t want it as much as Dundee
  2. Too slow in possession and poor decision making from the players allowing Dundee to get reorganised tine and again
  3. Bates and Gallagher, so poor at the heart of our defence. We sorely missed McCrorie (and Considine)
  4. Poor choice of players. We were obviously desperate for Hedges to play, but he doesn’t look fully fit yet.
  5. Really bad substitution choices. McGinn for Hayes was bad. McGinn was a great player for us but adds nothing for us out wide left.Leaving JET till about the 94th minute was too late too.Watkins was good though. We’re lacking pace, we need to address this, even if it’s with Samuels / McLennan etc
  6. Adam ran the show, surely we should have put someone on to nullify him. As good as he is, I’m expecting our midfield to handle him. Ferguson was posted missing on that front and also seems to suffer from slowing the game down too much.

Really bad night and it’s not going to get any easier

Fair assessment of it.

I'd add...

7. Lack of discipline - on and off the park

8. Lack of passion from Glass at the side of the pitch - every time the camera panned to him he was standing still with his mouth shut.

Probably other negatives I could add but overall it was just dismal.

1 minute ago, perthshirered said:

Let's say Sevco hadn't been deducted 20  points then.  I say that because they haven't. 

Yeah, I know they haven't. 

I was presenting a hypothetical situation to illustrate that an aggregate points total over a period of months is not the only qualifier with regards to who currently is or isn't better. 

2 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

Proud of our ninth place then. That’s progress. 4th to 9th in one easy step. Where next? We’re onto the second round of games and getting worse. When was our last actual win? 

4 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

"Currently they aren't. Currently they are beneath us. That means they are worse. That's a statement of fact. Your opinion or view doesn't even come into the conversation. Deal with facts. "

That doesn't clarify anything, I'm afraid. 

Okay, in your world. Let's pretend Aberdeen are sitting 4th bottom having lost 17 games out of a total of 9 played. Except we are awarded 51.5 points per for a win while everyone else gets just 3. We would currently be sitting on 105 points, that would be a record points haul despite having 27 games left to play. 

Sounds like a lot of pish? Yeah but you started it. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Ke1t said:

Yeah, I know they haven't. 

I was presenting a hypothetical situation to illustrate that an aggregate points total over a period of months is not the only qualifier with regards to who currently is or isn't better. 

Let's abolish league tables then. What would be current in your book?  1 game? 3 games? 1 round? 

1 minute ago, perthshirered said:

Okay, in your world. Let's pretend Aberdeen are sitting 4th bottom having lost 17 games out of a total of 9 played. Except we are awarded 51.5 points per for a win while everyone else gets just 3. We would currently be sitting on 105 points, that would be a record points haul despite having 27 games left to play. 

Sounds like a lot of pish? Yeah but you started it. 

It seems you are incapable of grasping the difference between 'over a period of months' and 'currently'.

Is it worth my while trying to explain that, or are we just hitting a brick wall there? 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Ke1t said:

It seems you are incapable of grasping the difference between 'over a period of months' and 'currently'.

Is it worth my while trying to explain that, or are we just hitting a brick wall there? 

When you say a period of months do you mean two months? Not taking into account a couple of international breaks. 

17 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Fair assessment of it.

I'd add...

7. Lack of discipline - on and off the park

8. Lack of passion from Glass at the side of the pitch - every time the camera panned to him he was standing still with his mouth shut.

Probably other negatives I could add but overall it was just dismal.

Yep, I’d agree with them too

I’m new to this so I appreciate the posts to date but bottom line, we have a shite manager. I will be relieving myself of my and my son’s season ticket after tonight’s performance, call me a c**t, but the only way we will influence change is by hitting Mr Colgate in  the face and pocket. Cheers Colgate, you have managed to regress the team but no worries eh, your chums in  the US witnessed the push display at Dens. F**k off Cormack.

3 minutes ago, Medw1311 said:

Yes

But the fair time to judge is after 11 games when all teams have played each other once.

There is a very realistic chance that we will be 11th then.

Perhaps, we can deal with that then. He will surely be gone by then. The squad isn't that bad, a semi competent manager would get them going again but many of them need to take a right good look at themselves.  

2 minutes ago, The Big Man said:

I’m new to this so I appreciate the posts to date but bottom line, we have a shite manager. I will be relieving myself of my and my son’s season ticket after tonight’s performance, call me a c**t, but the only way we will influence change is by hitting Mr Colgate in  the face and pocket. Cheers Colgate, you have managed to regress the team but no worries eh, your chums in  the US witnessed the push display at Dens. F**k off Cormack.

Abandoning the club because we aren’t winning at the moment?

Top fan 

7 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

Perhaps, we can deal with that then. He will surely be gone by then. The squad isn't that bad, a semi competent manager would get them going again but many of them need to take a right good look at themselves.  

It's only 2 games away - we have Hibs & Sevco

Round 10 - Livi have Ross County

Round 11 - Dundee have Ross County

If us and Ross County both lose both our games we will be 11th.

21 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

Irrelevant. Are Ross County,Livingston and Dundee worse off than us? One word answer please. 

I agree to the SPL 9th is irrelevant. That is hardly by any measure satisfactory for Aberdeen. We are not in a relegation position  (yet). We are in the bottom third. Saying we are currently higher than Dundee might be factual but really misses the point. 

Back in July for two weeks things looked good

October we are pure shite

Glass cannot cut it the exprerient has failed, at the moment we are relegation material

Cormack needs to drive Glass to the airport now. The honest I liked Glass when he first arrived seemed full of enthusiasm  and talked sense 

But it's all gone wrong

Gallagher,  Bates and Ojo can also fuck off total wage thief

Cannot see how the chairman can defend Glass that would interesting 

All the players are underachieving  they also need to responsibly 

The next few weeks will be even more painful. 

Be strong fellow Reds

2 minutes ago, Crossbow said:

I agree to the SPL 9th is irrelevant. That is hardly by any measure satisfactory for Aberdeen. We are not in a relegation position  (yet). We are in the bottom third. Saying we are currently higher than Dundee might be factual but really misses the point. 

What is the point? I've said I want him gone, I've said a new manager would have us higher up, I've said it's unacceptable.