Dundee 2 - 1 Aberdeen

1 minute ago, DelMonte said:

Our fans were totally fucking embarrassing tonight. Singing “sacked in the morning” is out of order. Proper window licker support.

Not nice to sing, I must admit I thought it was the Dundee fans. People are frustrated though, how else do they convey it? 

Entitled to sing what they like, within reasons, as ticket paying and travelling fans. That particular chat doesn't really do anyone any good, though. I agree. 

Did you sit with your arms folded when CR9 scored?

Agree with some of what you say but not it all. I’m being brutally honest not harsh. I can’t prove it but I told everyone at start of Glass’s appointment he would fail immediately and I have been proved right. He was brought in as Cormack’s poodle to do exactly as he was told. If I heard the story once from Glass’s lips that he managed a £20 million player in Atlanta, I must have heard it a hundred times. This is what Cormack really wants. MONEY. He wants Glass to take local loons that cost nothing and sell them on for millions. Look at the stadium plans. Wants the Council tax payer to pay for a new stadium so he doesn’t have to. And what about shifting the game KO today to 6pm? All to make money from Americans. Doesn’t give a shit for the Aberdonians. I was going to go to that game today until Cormack changed the KO time. Cormack and Glass are American interlopers. They should go back to the US. Bring in Davie Robertson, there’s a true Aberdonian that would kick some ass.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Not nice to sing, I must admit I thought it was the Dundee fans. People are frustrated though, how else do they convey it? 

Entitled to sing what they like, within reasons, as ticket paying and travelling fans. That particular chat doesn't really do anyone any good, though. I agree. 

Did you sit with your arms folded when CR9 scored?

Wasn’t there.

Watched on redtv as I’m out the country. 

I thought we might kick on when he scored but we never. He was murder after he scored too ?

13 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Bit of a harsh assessment. You don't have a decent career in football like he did, by being a wimp. 

The reality is Dave Cormack offered his mate a job he wasn't qualified for, because he thought he saw something in him. Glass, like everyone else would, seen an incredible opportunity to start a potential career in management, and took it. As any sane person would do. 

Knowing his inexperience, Cormack should've insisted SG hire at least one experienced coach. Clearly he didn't, as we have a coaching staff of rank amateurs. 

The reality is, Cormack has fucked it. The time to get a top quality, decent named manager in was during the summer, after McInnes left, the club was in a good position- but it had went stale. 

Now, we very much could be in a relegation scrap, and look like a sinking ship. Much harder to attract any semi decent appointment when the club is a bit of a circus. 

Who'd want to work for Cormack? 

Thought Alan Campbell was an experienced top coach?

11 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Our fans were totally fucking embarrassing tonight. Singing “sacked in the morning” is out of order. Proper window licker support.

Dave Cormack's inaction has made this sort of "window licker support" action necessary. 

It should never have been allowed to get to this stage. The fans have been more patient than any manager is entitled to. 

Edit just noticed it was the Dundee fans. I hope the true  AFC fans made their displeasure known. 

• Upvote 1
50 minutes ago, Poodler said:

? it was good work until the last sentence, Dick Pullar 

I think as Aberdeen fans we need to grow up from the idea that we can’t bring in people that have a past association with Rangers. If that was the approach in the 80s, Fergie would never have been our manager. I just want a fucking winner to manage the Dons, not a drip.

7 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Wasn’t there.

Watched on redtv as I’m out the country. 

I thought we might kick on when he scored but we never. He was murder after he scored too ?

He's the fucking man

22 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Bit of a harsh assessment. You don't have a decent career in football like he did, by being a wimp. 

The reality is Dave Cormack offered his mate a job he wasn't qualified for, because he thought he saw something in him. Glass, like everyone else would, seen an incredible opportunity to start a potential career in management, and took it. As any sane person would do. 

Knowing his inexperience, Cormack should've insisted SG hire at least one experienced coach. Clearly he didn't, as we have a coaching staff of rank amateurs. 

The reality is, Cormack has fucked it. The time to get a top quality, decent named manager in was during the summer, after McInnes left, the club was in a good position- but it had went stale. 

Now, we very much could be in a relegation scrap, and look like a sinking ship. Much harder to attract any semi decent appointment when the club is a bit of a circus. 

Who'd want to work for Cormack? 

To answer your final question , probably his dentist.

23 minutes ago, Dick Pullar said:

I think as Aberdeen fans we need to grow up from the idea that we can’t bring in people that have a past association with Rangers. If that was the approach in the 80s, Fergie would never have been our manager. I just wasn’t a fucking winner to manage the Dons, not a drip.

The past has been and gone. Leave it there.

now more than ever we need the opposite. People who don’t sympathise with der Hun. It’s a bit small time taking hun cast offs and entertaining their loving cup pish. Deeply embarrassing. 

20 minutes ago, Poodler said:

now more than ever we need the opposite. People who don’t sympathise with der Hun. It’s a bit small time taking hun cast offs and entertaining their loving cup pish. Deeply embarrassing. 

You do know that Davie Robertson played for the Dons before Rangers? I’m beginning to wonder.

25 minutes ago, Poodler said:

It would be absolutely fine in my eyes take an ex sevco player as manager.

1 hour ago, starryfish said:

The squad is ridiculously bloated. 18 players including Ritchie tonight. Not involved were Lewis, McCrorie, Devlin, Campbell, McLennan, Kennedy, Longstaff.

Who the fuck sanctioned having such a big squad, ridiculous incompetence which seems to be endemic in all aspects of the club right now.

A bloated incompetent squad of very average players on decent wages 

We need a midfield cull.  Send home the loan players their utter shite

Pay off the likes of Ojo and Devlin just get rid of them

Rather have a smaller squad of decent well played players than a large squad of dross on high wages who are simply bench fillers 

Whats the head of recruitment  doing these days I hope he is working out a plan to get rid of the underachieving 

2 minutes ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

Whats the head of recruitment  doing these days I hope he is working out a plan to get rid of the underachieving 

He’s got some job on his hands now.

A pile of CM’s to move on, and an entire team to improve despite half of it being signed in summer.

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Consi, lad I agree with you but Dave Cormack is not a 'football man'. He would not have the actual knowledge nor experience to know that this was a necessary requirement. I wrote about this when Glass' name was first mentioned for the job. HIs only credentials seemed to be that he was a pal of Dave and played for Aberdeen. That's it.

He played more games combined for Hibs and 'Crombie Sports! ? (who?  yeah I know) than he did for AFC.

He's the worst managerial appointment in the club's history.

25 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Consi, lad I agree with you but Dave Cormack is not a 'football man'. He would not have the actual knowledge nor experience to know that this was a necessary requirement. I wrote about this when Glass' name was first mentioned for the job. HIs only credentials seemed to be that he was a pal of Dave and played for Aberdeen. That's it.

He played more games combined for Hibs and 'Crombie Sports! ? (who?  yeah I know) than he did for AFC.

What does the term "football man" mean?

• Upvote 1

Hayes, McGinn and Ojo are officially done with Aberdeen imo. Unbelievably poor. I can't believe we paid fee for Ojo.

On another note, most likely mentioned elsewhere but teams just seem to score with virtual every shot on target against us.

Our defence is utterly appalling. Individual calamities everywhere. 

The last time I felt this disappointed with Aberdeen was under McGhee. A lot similarities currently with that time period.

Irrespective of what your thoughts are on McInnes, I don't think it's any coincidence that since the moment Cormack arrived at the club our league position has dropped lower and lower.

We were a much more attractive proposition when McInnes initially departed and now I imagine potential candidates will think twice about joining us.

9 hours ago, perthshirered said:

Okay, in your world. Let's pretend Aberdeen are sitting 4th bottom having lost 17 games out of a total of 9 played. Except we are awarded 51.5 points per for a win while everyone else gets just 3. We would currently be sitting on 105 points, that would be a record points haul despite having 27 games left to play. 

Sounds like a lot of pish? Yeah but you started it. 

Fit?

?

8 hours ago, Zeus said:

Sounds lost/broken to me. 

8 hours ago, Roberto said:

'It's obvious what needs to change'

Aye Stephen.

?

It all reminds me of when we had Paul Hartley dragging us through games to scrappy wins.

Unfortunately, we don't have Hartley picking up goals for us and we have Brown trying to manage a shambolic defense while trying to direct play forward - mainly failing as we struggle to even have shots at goal.

There's an 11 in that squad somewhere.  Other than Ramsay having a go, they all look shot confidence wise.

Would like change to happen early doors next week but won't be surprised if there is nothing coming from Cormack any time soon.  

8 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Fun fact; 

He was a teammate of my old mans at Crombie sports. That's where he met my mother, as my Grandfather was a club volunteer, and he brought my Mum to a raffle night, and the rest, as they say, is history. 

Even then my old man thinks he should get punted. I think he might well be the worst appointment we've ever made, on paper as well. Having said that, I don't hate him like I hated McGhee. I just feel sorry for him. Truly. We'd all have said yes in his position, the blame doesn't lie at his feet. 

We all knew the credentials were patchy and it was as clearly nepotistic appointment, I think we were all so relieved for change though that we were willing to look it over and give him a chance. 

DC needs to do the difficult thing now though and cut the cord. Our next 6 fixtures really could leave us in the mire.