Dundee 2 - 1 Aberdeen

Just now, findlay_1903 said:

I dunno. But Stephen, Stephen gtf is too far. Booing our own players onto the pitch is also mental. It’s obviously not good enough, but just feel last night was too much. 

I agree that the anger is being directed at the wrong man. 

People can boo who/what they like, though. 

Guest findlay_1903

Of course they can. Just think it’s all a bit embarrassing. What good does it do booing players before they’ve even entered the pitch? 

9 games into the season and we are at this stage with the management team ?

Guest findlay_1903
1 minute ago, Roberto said:

Where do you suggest the fans make their feelings known on the manager/chairman?

Pretty sure they’d of known we wouldn’t be happy 2 nil down to Dundee without the chants for our rookie gaffer getting told to GTF. Maybe I’m wrong ??‍♂️

5 minutes ago, REDRODDIE said:

Was such a terrible performance. Body language from the players after going a goal down was just awful the game was lost at that point! 

Stuff like this makes no sense to me, it's never felt like a lack of effort. We battled really well. Can accuse the club of a lot but I don't see bad body language from the team. They are clearly short of confidence. 

48 minutes ago, findlay_1903 said:

Of course they can. Just think it’s all a bit embarrassing. What good does it do booing players before they’ve even entered the pitch? 

15 games into the season, actually. 

24 minutes ago, RUL said:

It is a pretty weird how quickly fans, of all teams, turn now. 

It's not that weird. People are paying more than ever to attend football, for a product that isn't great, they are quite right to expect (when people pay DNA etc) a better standard from their club. It's all relative, a start to thr season like this 10 years ago, we would've been thinking 'oh fuck, here we go again.' Now, after a period of relative success, it's just totally unacceptable.

Just now, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

It's not that weird. People are paying more than ever to attend football, for a product that isn't great, they are quite right to expect (when people pay DNA etc) a better standard from their club. It's all relative, a start to thr season like this 10 years ago, we would've been thinking 'oh fuck, here we go again.' Now, after a period of relative success, it's just totally unacceptable.

Aye he's been here since March and we must have spent a fucking fortune. We shouldn't be going 10 games without a win almost 8 months down the line. 

As frustrating as his stubbornness has become, Glass shouldn't be getting the abuse though.  We should be making it clear to Cormack that the buck stops with him. 

5 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I'm going to wager a lot of the folk ranting aren't even attending let alone investing in dna so I'm not sure how relevant the cost is.

I don't remember Ebbe getting this abuse and he was useless, but I guess that is relative to your last point. 

24 minutes ago, RUL said:

I'm going to wager a lot of the folk ranting aren't even attending let alone investing in dna so I'm not sure how relevant the cost is.

I don't remember Ebbe getting this abuse and he was useless, but I guess that is relative to your last point. 

I don't remember Ebbe at all. My memories are Mark McGhee, and I remember after some really poor results he got fucking (rightful) dogs abuse. Same with Jimmy, the QOTS semi final, I remember everyone losing their shit, scarves on the pitch etc. 

Id argue Glass is getting it quite tame, comparatively. 

31 minutes ago, RUL said:

Ebbe wasn't around during during the height of Social Media, which is giving idiots a platform to spew their bile to everyone and anyone, rather than just their mate down the pub.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Ebbe wasn't around during during the height of Social Media, which is giving idiots a platform to spew their bile to everyone and anyone, rather than just their mate down the pub.

The abuse he's referring to is at the match 

40 minutes ago, RUL said:

He probably would have if social media and 24/7 dissection was around. 

Also, Glass has the charisma of a wet blanket.

Painful stuff this.  

1 hour ago, findlay_1903 said:

I dunno. But Stephen, Stephen gtf is too far. Booing our own players onto the pitch is also mental. It’s obviously not good enough, but just feel last night was too much. 

Genuinely what the fuck do you expect? 10 game winless run against mostly "lesser teams" in the league. Now have 3 of the bigger 4 in our next 3. Fans entitled to say what they want when they are paying to travel and go to the game. 

Guest findlay_1903
16 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Genuinely what the fuck do you expect? 10 game winless run against mostly "lesser teams" in the league. Now have 3 of the bigger 4 in our next 3. Fans entitled to say what they want when they are paying to travel and go to the game. 

Of course they are entitled to shout whatever you like. I’ve not seen it like that before. Each to their own though. We can’t be far off a good old main stand protest after the match? They were quite common for a while. Boooooooooooo

COYR 

19 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Dave Cormack has the power to end all this. He's left the fans with no other option. 

29 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

The abuse he's referring to is at the match 

Yeah, I was surprised how quickly its turned at the actual games. We were pretty supportive of Ebbe even when it was clear we were awful. 

Like you surmised well though, we're coming at it after relative success. 

2 hours ago, findlay_1903 said:

It saves time waiting on us conceding the first goal and then losing the game. 

it just makes the whole process more efficient. 

Get the boos in nice and early to show displeasure and then no need to witness the inevitable shitshow that follows when the game starts. 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, RUL said:

Ebbe was generally a nice  likeable guy. Even in his first terrible season were we ended up bottom. There was 2 cup finals. His next season was an improvement.

2 or 3 wins and we are in contention for European places.  Like it or not, that's what Glass's Monday morning conversation with DC is going to be about.  

If we fail to win 2 or 3 matches in quick succession, we are in relegation battle and won't be getting European football next year.  So damage is done, so Glass will have 2 or 3 games to stop relegation and prove he can turn it around.

Sadly I can see this going on until end of November/start of December like the McGhee season.

If we are serious about Europe he needs to go now.  Given the damage already this season, I can't see us qualifying with this set of players or manager - so why not give Glass the chance to learn his trade, give Glass a chance to bring in some external help, give Glass the chance to turn it around?

Whether now or December, it gives DC the chance to tap up the ready made replacement.  He wants to look like Billy big boy to his Atlanta crowd so can't see a Yogi type appointment, but something bigger.

Look at Atlanta, they had Frank De Boer - could DC get him in with his contacts?  Can imagine he'd want a "bigger job" but... Can see him going big. 

Go big or go home as the yanks say.