Dundee 2 - 1 Aberdeen

7 hours ago, Alex Ferguson said:

2 or 3 wins and we are in contention for European places.  Like it or not, that's what Glass's Monday morning conversation with DC is going to be about.  

If we fail to win 2 or 3 matches in quick succession, we are in relegation battle and won't be getting European football next year.  So damage is done, so Glass will have 2 or 3 games to stop relegation and prove he can turn it around.

Sadly I can see this going on until end of November/start of December like the McGhee season.

If we are serious about Europe he needs to go now.  Given the damage already this season, I can't see us qualifying with this set of players or manager - so why not give Glass the chance to learn his trade, give Glass a chance to bring in some external help, give Glass the chance to turn it around?

Whether now or December, it gives DC the chance to tap up the ready made replacement.  He wants to look like Billy big boy to his Atlanta crowd so can't see a Yogi type appointment, but something bigger.

Look at Atlanta, they had Frank De Boer - could DC get him in with his contacts?  Can imagine he'd want a "bigger job" but... Can see him going big. 

Go big or go home as the yanks say.

Fuck De Boer. 

Let's go all in with a proven managerial winner. Antonio Conte. 

4 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I recommend you stop really. It's gone over your head.

I will give you benefit of the doubt cause you're new here but you'll grasp this place soon enough.

Grasped this place a while back, it's just the same as every forum.

1 hour ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Aberdeen fans have always been like that. Right on the players backs from the start. 

Every fan says this about their club. 

What is it you want from Dons fans just now? 

If we take zero points from Hibs, semi-huns and huns them there can be no justification for SG to stay. Unfortunately, SG has bitten off more than he can chew. It hasn’t worked. DC needs to avoid looking to the US for a replacement and pay to get an experienced manager who knows the game inside out. DC, please give Alex Neil a call.

3 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

See when McKenzie got decked, why weren’t the whole team and management  straight across and apply retribution?

Only Brown seem to, why wasn’t  Ferguson and Hayes over there, Russell, plus the substitutions? Should have been a piley on.

Small point in the bigger scheme of things but points to a lack of unity.

I'd suggest because we were losing the game and needed another goal, and Dundee were trying to antagonise to eat up time on the clock. 

Just now, DelMonte said:

Yup. We wasted too much time doing that pish already. 

Did feel a bit for McKenzie getting floored by that ugly minker Griffiths. 

Gallagher got involved as well. 

Don't think it would've mattered, we were never getting a second. 

I've genuinely never been more worried for relegation in my time as a Dons fan. Even under McGhee when we were bottom at Christmas, our team was full of jobbers who could at the very least, scrap and claw. 

As many have pointed out, this isn't a team designed to scrap and scratch and claw for points, if it gets to that point, we're in serious shit. 

These next 6 games could very easily be 0 points. I do think though, a defeat to Hibs next week will make the position untenable. 

4 hours ago, Zeus said:

Fuck De Boer. 

Let's go all in with a proven managerial winner. Antonio Conte. 

De Boer has excellent experience particularly in charge of Dutch national side - he has picked up great coaching methods and has great contacts - DC needs to seriously have a look.

Jaap Staam also out of work, I wonder if the 2 could team up - between DC and Jimmy Calderwood, surely we can tap them up?

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I've genuinely never been more worried for relegation in my time as a Dons fan. Even under McGhee when we were bottom at Christmas, our team was full of jobbers who could at the very least, scrap and claw. 

As many have pointed out, this isn't a team designed to scrap and scratch and claw for points, if it gets to that point, we're in serious shit. 

These next 6 games could very easily be 0 points. I do think though, a defeat to Hibs next week will make the position untenable. 

This shows your age, if you don't mind me saying.

It's as yet nowhere near the levels of fear we had during the spring of 95.  Especially at Tynecastle: from 4.20pm until 4.40pm, it was unbearable.

We're not there, yet, but our board need to heed the signs.  Maybe give Dave a copy of "Never Again".

Guest findlay_1903
2 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Every fan says this about their club. 

What is it you want from Dons fans just now? 

Tin hat on.

Encouraging some of the players, a lot don’t deserve it GRANTED. But I’m sure young Mckenzie took a bad touch just after we went down 2 nil down and it went out for a shy. Poor loon got obliterated in abuse in the section around me. That’s going to do him or our cause no good. 
Senior players can take the abuse as can the management I'm sure, just felt for Jack. 

COYR 

DTID 

19 minutes ago, OnceFaeMintlaw said:

This shows your age, if you don't mind me saying.

It's as yet nowhere near the levels of fear we had during the spring of 95.  Especially at Tynecastle: from 4.20pm until 4.40pm, it was unbearable.

We're not there, yet, but our board need to heed the signs.  Maybe give Dave a copy of "Never Again".

That day at Tynecastle was something else. We knew we were fucked if we lost and the celebrations at full time were akin to winning a cup. Thankfully Dundee Utd were struggling and the win the next week against them was a beautiful moment.The support at the win against Falkirk was great but we ended up in the play offs. Dunfermline and the rest of Scotland we’re willing us to lose. We didn’t.

That season was fear. We don’t want to go down that road again. Get it sorted AFC.

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Sounds daft but Hibs is almost the best next fixture for Glass. Somehow I fancy us.

3 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

I don’t buy into that pish. Wishing the club to lose so it benefits long term is drivel. Have a real fight on our hands now, a win against Hibs would be superb.

Yes we have a real fight on our hands. A proper manger is needed. Want to have a chance of beating Hibs? Get Glass sacked now. 

At this stage, anything tha prolongs his stay is a negative. 

8 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Any sort of positive result for us would be a disaster. Turning it around isn't happening. 

Or, we beat Hibs and we still get rid of Glass? I've never understood the mentality of people willing us to lose, regardless of circumstances. 

The ONLY time I would be happy for us to lose is if it's the last game of the season, the points meant fuck all to us but the opposition (not Celtic)  we are playing need 3 points to pip the Huns to the league. 

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Sounds daft but Hibs is almost the best next fixture for Glass. Somehow I fancy us.

Jack Ross is a decent manager, and you don't even have to be a decent manager to work out how to beat us at the moment.

Pay attention at set pieces, and stop our full backs getting crosses in and we're highly unlikely to score... punt long diagonals in behind us when our full backs are high up the park and get a shot on target and you will more than likely score.

24 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

I can still see us playing well in the game and losing to Boyle/Nisbett on the break. Ross would be smart to play Boyle down the middle and get him to occupy the space we always leave behind the full backs. 

1-1 draw or 0-3 hiding, I fear. Neither will be enough. 

35 minutes ago, findlay_1903 said:

Tin hat on.

Encouraging some of the players, a lot don’t deserve it GRANTED. But I’m sure young Mckenzie took a bad touch just after we went down 2 nil down and it went out for a shy. Poor loon got obliterated in abuse in the section around me. That’s going to do him or our cause no good. 
Senior players can take the abuse as can the management I'm sure, just felt for Jack. 

COYR 

DTID 

I think Glass said post match the young full backs were let down by senior players. 

They were always going to have iffy moments but the pair of them have contributed immensely. 11 assists between them from their positions is quite brilliant for this stage of the season. 

If McKenzie wants a career at a decent level in the game he'll have to learn to take criticism, he seems like a sensible and reasonably intelligent young guy, and will no doubt understand this. 

It's a mans game. 

Just now, muttonhumper said:

A "hiding" fae Hibs. ?

Is such a thing even scientifically possible? ?

To quote McInnes from February 2018 at ER

"We wull muldeled the day"