Jump to content

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

We didn’t have anything like the control of the game tonight. I’ve posted a BRIEF summary a few posts up of SOME of the things we were really bad at.

No need to repeat myself, go back and read it

Yeah, I saw that, but that just looks like a list of things we've been doing most of the season. 

I maybe picked you up wrong, and thought you were suggesting we'd done some things differently. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, BitWait said:

Currently they are better than us , moving up the table whereas we are on a downward trend. Championship next season if it continues.

 Currently they aren't. Currently they are beneath us. That means they are worse. That's a statement of fact. Your opinion or view doesn't even come into the conversation. Deal with facts. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Ke1t said:

Yeah, I saw that, but that just looks like a list of things we've been doing most of the season. 

I maybe picked you up wrong, and thought you were suggesting we'd done some things differently. 

Have a go at reading the last post again

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye sounds like a guy who knows he's a goner. 

🤞

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, perthshirered said:

 Currently they aren't. Currently they are beneath us. That means they are worse. That's a statement of fact. Your opinion or view doesn't even come into the conversation. Deal with facts. 

Yeah, but that's an aggregate points accumulation over a period of months, rather than an indicator of who's currently better. 

Let's say Sevco had been deducted 20 points for being Huns before the season started, they'd currently be on 0 points. 

By your logic that would make us a better team than Sevco. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Have a go at reading the last post again

"Currently they aren't. Currently they are beneath us. That means they are worse. That's a statement of fact. Your opinion or view doesn't even come into the conversation. Deal with facts. "

That doesn't clarify anything, I'm afraid. 

Share this post


Link to post

Some disquiet amongst the Dandies tonight, I hear.

Some stupid cunt throw a smoke bomb in amongst his fellow fans

Edited by sooth_stander

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Some disquiet amongst the Dandies tonight, I hear.

Some stupid cunt throw a smoke bomb in amongst his fellow fans

He probably threw it in hope of getting a football banning order

 

stupid Cunt could have waited a couple of weeks & done something a little more worthwhile for a banning order

Edited by fine-n-dandy

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Yeah, but that's an aggregate points accumulation over a period of months, rather than an indicator of who's currently better. 

Let's say Sevco had been deducted 20 points for being Huns before the season started, they'd currently be on 0 points. 

By your logic that would make us a better team than Sevco. 

Let's say Sevco hadn't been deducted 20  points then.  I say that because they haven't. 

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Really not sure at this point.

Before tonight’s game, I could see what we were trying to do, but tonight was a complete shambles with so much to pick apart.

  1. Lack of fight and desire. We just didn’t want it as much as Dundee
  2. Too slow in possession and poor decision making from the players allowing Dundee to get reorganised tine and again
  3. Bates and Gallagher, so poor at the heart of our defence. We sorely missed McCrorie (and Considine)
  4. Poor choice of players. We were obviously desperate for Hedges to play, but he doesn’t look fully fit yet.
  5. Really bad substitution choices. McGinn for Hayes was bad. McGinn was a great player for us but adds nothing for us out wide left.Leaving JET till about the 94th minute was too late too.Watkins was good though. We’re lacking pace, we need to address this, even if it’s with Samuels / McLennan etc
  6. Adam ran the show, surely we should have put someone on to nullify him. As good as he is, I’m expecting our midfield to handle him. Ferguson was posted missing on that front and also seems to suffer from slowing the game down too much.

Really bad night and it’s not going to get any easier

Fair assessment of it.

I'd add...

7. Lack of discipline - on and off the park

8. Lack of passion from Glass at the side of the pitch - every time the camera panned to him he was standing still with his mouth shut.

Probably other negatives I could add but overall it was just dismal.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, perthshirered said:

Let's say Sevco hadn't been deducted 20  points then.  I say that because they haven't. 

Yeah, I know they haven't. 

I was presenting a hypothetical situation to illustrate that an aggregate points total over a period of months is not the only qualifier with regards to who currently is or isn't better. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

Let's say Sevco hadn't been deducted 20  points then.  I say that because they haven't. 

Proud of our ninth place then. That’s progress. 4th to 9th in one easy step. Where next? We’re onto the second round of games and getting worse. When was our last actual win? 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

"Currently they aren't. Currently they are beneath us. That means they are worse. That's a statement of fact. Your opinion or view doesn't even come into the conversation. Deal with facts. "

That doesn't clarify anything, I'm afraid. 

Okay, in your world. Let's pretend Aberdeen are sitting 4th bottom having lost 17 games out of a total of 9 played. Except we are awarded 51.5 points per for a win while everyone else gets just 3. We would currently be sitting on 105 points, that would be a record points haul despite having 27 games left to play. 

Sounds like a lot of pish? Yeah but you started it. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

Talking utter shit Perthshire.

 

Lost the last 5, no wins in 10 games. Beaten off the bottom team in the league. 
 

It’s fucking howling.

 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Ke1t said:

Yeah, I know they haven't. 

I was presenting a hypothetical situation to illustrate that an aggregate points total over a period of months is not the only qualifier with regards to who currently is or isn't better. 

Let's abolish league tables then. What would be current in your book?  1 game? 3 games? 1 round? 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Ohjimmyjimmy said:

Talking utter shit Perthshire.

 

Lost the last 5, no wins in 10 games. Beaten off the bottom team in the league. 
 

It’s fucking howling.

 

Well said. Better than me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Ohjimmyjimmy said:

Talking utter shit Perthshire.

 

Lost the last 5, no wins in 10 games. Beaten off the bottom team in the league. 
 

It’s fucking howling.

 

Of course it's howling. I want him gone, be under no illusions about that. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, perthshirered said:

Okay, in your world. Let's pretend Aberdeen are sitting 4th bottom having lost 17 games out of a total of 9 played. Except we are awarded 51.5 points per for a win while everyone else gets just 3. We would currently be sitting on 105 points, that would be a record points haul despite having 27 games left to play. 

Sounds like a lot of pish? Yeah but you started it. 

 

It seems you are incapable of grasping the difference between 'over a period of months' and 'currently'.

Is it worth my while trying to explain that, or are we just hitting a brick wall there? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Yeah, I know they haven't. 

I was presenting a hypothetical situation to illustrate that an aggregate points total over a period of months is not the only qualifier with regards to who currently is or isn't better. 

We're the worst team in the league on current form. No doubt about that whatsoever 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Crossbow said:

Proud of our ninth place then. That’s progress. 4th to 9th in one easy step. Where next? We’re onto the second round of games and getting worse. When was our last actual win? 

Irrelevant. Are Ross County,Livingston and Dundee worse off than us? One word answer please. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

Okay, in your world. Let's pretend Aberdeen are sitting 4th bottom having lost 17 games out of a total of 9 played. Except we are awarded 51.5 points per for a win while everyone else gets just 3. We would currently be sitting on 105 points, that would be a record points haul despite having 27 games left to play. 

Sounds like a lot of pish? Yeah but you started it. 

Fit the fuck. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Ke1t said:

 

It seems you are incapable of grasping the difference between 'over a period of months' and 'currently'.

Is it worth my while trying to explain that, or are we just hitting a brick wall there? 

When you say a period of months do you mean two months? Not taking into account a couple of international breaks. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Fit the fuck. 

Ah ken. Something got me started. Where is Simply Red when you need him?

Share this post


Link to post

Any poster in attendance?

What was the crowd like at the end? Glass receive abuse?

Share this post


Link to post

Glass is completely out of his depth and Cormack is in the same category. We are doomed.

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

"Currently they aren't. Currently they are beneath us. That means they are worse. That's a statement of fact. Your opinion or view doesn't even come into the conversation. Deal with facts. "

That doesn't clarify anything, I'm afraid. 

Think you’ve quoted the wrong post

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

Irrelevant. Are Ross County,Livingston and Dundee worse off than us? One word answer please. 

Yes

But the fair time to judge is after 11 games when all teams have played each other once.

There is a very realistic chance that we will be 11th then.

 

Edited by Medw1311

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Fair assessment of it.

I'd add...

7. Lack of discipline - on and off the park

8. Lack of passion from Glass at the side of the pitch - every time the camera panned to him he was standing still with his mouth shut.

Probably other negatives I could add but overall it was just dismal.

Yep, I’d agree with them too

Share this post


Link to post
Guest

I’m new to this so I appreciate the posts to date but bottom line, we have a shite manager. I will be relieving myself of my and my son’s season ticket after tonight’s performance, call me a c**t, but the only way we will influence change is by hitting Mr Colgate in  the face and pocket. Cheers Colgate, you have managed to regress the team but no worries eh, your chums in  the US witnessed the push display at Dens. F**k off Cormack.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Medw1311 said:

Yes

But the fair time to judge is after 11 games when all teams have played each other once.

There is a very realistic chance that we will be 11th then.

 

Perhaps, we can deal with that then. He will surely be gone by then. The squad isn't that bad, a semi competent manager would get them going again but many of them need to take a right good look at themselves.  

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...