Dundee 2 - 1 Aberdeen

Just now, Ke1t said:

So you don't think a team's training regimen has anything to do with how that team performs on the field on match day?

Having established that my maths is superior then let's move on to your next point. 

Undoubtedly training is relevant to performance but seeing as your opening gambit was about how we are currently the worst around I didn't really take into account the fact that someone somewhere in the world would include training performance as evidence, it's usually exclusively about points total. I've never seen a team finish bottom but escape relegation as they are adjudged to have put in a better shift through the week. Have you? 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Many words have been written tonight about our current predicament, which is getting more desperate by the week. All I can add is that I am extremely concerned about the future of the Dons under Cormack. He got us into this mess and I don't think he can sort it out. All he can think about is this so called American relationship.

Just now, perthshirered said:

Having established that my maths is superior then let's move on to your next point. 

Undoubtedly training is relevant to performance but seeing as your opening gambit was about how we are currently the worst around I didn't really take into account the fact that someone somewhere in the world would include training performance as evidence, it's usually exclusively about points total. I've never seen a team finish bottom but escape relegation as they are adjudged to have put in a better shift through the week. Have you? 

So then, if training us important, you agree that you cant discount weeks we weren't playing, because they were spent training.

2.5 months it is then, not currently.

3 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

So then, if training us important, you agree that you cant discount weeks we weren't playing, because they were spent training.

2.5 months it is then, not currently.

I'm not sure about MLS, or even if there is a team near Detroit or wherever, but in the SPFL you don't get points for training. That's why it's irrelevant in determining whether or not we are the worst in the league. 

Nothing positive to say about that game tonight.

I just knew when a large amount of the away end were singing about Griffiths being a sex offender he would get the last laugh.

We are very much in a relegation battle and things would be much worse if we hadn't had a couple of wins to start the season.

Glass has to go, wtf was with having Watkins on the touchline for over 5 minutes before bringing him on (during this time Dundee scored their 2nd) and what was the point of bringing JET on 6 minutes into stoppage time?

1 minute ago, Ke1t said:

You see how many points you pick up in a season if you stop training.

So are you saying the team who trains the best/hardest will be better than those who train poorly? I'd suggest that Celtic would've won all their recent titles regardless of how much effort they out in during training. Would you agree? 

1 minute ago, perthshirered said:

So are you saying the team who trains the best/hardest will be better than those who train poorly? I'd suggest that Celtic would've won all their recent titles regardless of how much effort they out in during training. Would you agree? 

I'm not saying that at all.

I'm saying there's a correlation between traing and performance. 

Stop traing and performance will decline, ergo training is critical to performance.

Trying to pretend international breaks dont count towards team performance is a bit silly, tbh.

3 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

I'm not saying that at all.

I'm saying there's a correlation between traing and performance. 

Stop traing and performance will decline, ergo training is critical to performance.

Trying to pretend international breaks dont count towards team performance is a bit silly, tbh.

It was you that referred to points accrued over a period of months. I merely pointed out that it's only 2 1/2 months into it and three weekends  has been taken up with international breaks and cup ties. Taking this into account and the fact we are not in the relegation position, by  no stretch of the imagination can we be realistically be seen as the worst in the league. 

Now having recently started on the Birra Moretti after exhausting my supply of Super Bock ( lovely stuff) I don't care for extending this discussion any further. Good day to you. 

6 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

0-2 v Hibs 

Anything between 3 & 5 - 0 at Ibrox

0-1 v Hearts. 

Glass, assuming he survives tonight, wouldn’t survive all that. 

To be fair, even if we were to bin Glass tomorrow and have a replacement installed during the week, those results are probably going to happen anyway. It'll take a new boss a good few weeks to instil his ideas and methods into the squad and the chances are that things are going to get worse before they start to get better.

The biggest headache a new boss is going to have is finding a way of shifting out the all the shit that Glass was allowed to bring in. The budget is well and truly blown but we can't afford not to make a good few signings in January

3 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Absolutely no way. He’s done. Slowed the ball down and cut back EVERY time.

Watkins did well when he came on, we need to see more of him

That’s bullshit. Him and Watkins were a huge improvement than the idiots who came off.

I love Hayes but he’s totally finished at this level. 

8 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

To be fair, even if we were to bin Glass tomorrow and have a replacement installed during the week, those results are probably going to happen anyway. It'll take a new boss a good few weeks to instil his ideas and methods into the squad and the chances are that things are going to get worse before they start to get better.

The biggest headache a new boss is going to have is finding a way of shifting out the all the shit that Glass was allowed to bring in. The budget is well and truly blown but we can't afford not to make a good few signings in January

The squads alright. Need a manager who knows how to set up a team. 

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

Sounds lost/broken to me. 

Yep sure does and that’s understandable. The penny has finally dropped that he cannot make this group of players into a cohesive unit. 

He realises he sounds like a total knob saying the same shit week after week and with no discernible improvement despite all the focused coaching and having identified our weaknesses then he sounds like he expects a trip to the vets is imminent. 

Some of those questions though !?

the one about maybe it will be better playing better teams. Ffs. 
aye, we lose to st Mirren and Dundee etc and the logical thing is to look forward to playing at ibrox to pick up points. 

To be blunt.

Games moved Aberdeen improved-ish.

I'm not paid to find the solution. Glass is. So hey guys lets hussle up. Let's talk about losing on the videograms and look at the losing data. Yep? Can we align to someone doing a green belt project on being losers please? Discuss at next meeting the progress on that.

1 minute ago, Dick Pullar said:

Glass has to go. He has players good enough to do much better so his management is to blame. He’s a pussy. An administrator. Belongs in a bank. He talks like he’s tough but you can’t help getting the feeling there’s a scared little boy behind the fascade.

Bit of a harsh assessment. You don't have a decent career in football like he did, by being a wimp. 

The reality is Dave Cormack offered his mate a job he wasn't qualified for, because he thought he saw something in him. Glass, like everyone else would, seen an incredible opportunity to start a potential career in management, and took it. As any sane person would do. 

Knowing his inexperience, Cormack should've insisted SG hire at least one experienced coach. Clearly he didn't, as we have a coaching staff of rank amateurs. 

The reality is, Cormack has fucked it. The time to get a top quality, decent named manager in was during the summer, after McInnes left, the club was in a good position- but it had went stale. 

Now, we very much could be in a relegation scrap, and look like a sinking ship. Much harder to attract any semi decent appointment when the club is a bit of a circus. 

Who'd want to work for Cormack?