What era would you choose to live in.

Redforever86

3 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

How the fuck has a thread about what time period you'd like to visit, resulted in us now knowing about a Floridian vet that molests dogs? 

This place min

It’s quite simple, massive indulgence in alcohol and narcotics  - the way it should be

I'm with Ramandu, this current era (Covid apart) is pretty good for most of us relatively well off westerners. Not been a better time to be alive. Decent working conditions, affordable travel & most folk have a higher level of disposable income than the generation before them. 

Of all the times in the past I'd go back to 1945 and meet the man who single-handedly won the war for the allies, Dayts' grandad. 

Future I'd go forward to the day we become independent. 

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I'm with Ramandu, this current era (Covid apart) is pretty good for most of us relatively well off westerners. Not been a better time to be alive. Decent working conditions, affordable travel & most folk have a higher level of disposable income than the generation before them. 

Of all the times in the past I'd go back to 1945 and meet the man who single-handedly won the war for the allies, Dayts' grandad. 

Utter bollicks 80’s Aberdeen, everyone was making an absolute fucking fortune for doing next to fuck all from Oil and we were ripping not only the old firm but Europe to shreds on and off the pitch 

1 hour ago, Roberto said:

The only Jesus that existed were Spanish fitba players and the young useless maintenance cunt in the TV series Benidorm.

How was this Jesus Christ in your mind 'born'?

Fuck me thought you were interested in history. There was a man, Jesus of Nazareth, who was real and who the stories of Jesus Christ were based on.

22 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Quit yir fucking moaning then.

I’d go Ancient Rome, maybe British India or the Wild West.

6 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Fuck me thought you were interested in history. There was a man, Jesus of Nazareth, who was real and who the stories of Jesus Christ were based on.

You're better than that, Moobs. 

Delete now before it gets embarrassing. 

The 70s

Simpler times but still a decade of wonderment for a young loon going through primary school and the first year and a half of high school, watching men land on the moon (i don't subscribe to the fake theories). Long hot summers where we were out all day from the minute our breakfast was finished until as late as we could push things with our parents. Getting into music (Slade initially....then evolving into punk which as a 10 year old didn't really understand but knowing that parents hated it made it the coolest thing out). Seeing us win the league cup under MacLeod and then just knowing instinctively that Ferguson was going to make us special. The almost overnight change from finding girls boring into wanting into their kecks. Going from Butlins one year to the first foreign holiday the next and getting into the cockpit of the 'plane as it was called then and having the pilots explain what al the buttons, gauges and dials did. The Pink Panther Show immediately following Final Score on Saturdays.

And Aztec bars

1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

The 70s

Simpler times but still a decade of wonderment for a young loon going through primary school and the first year and a half of high school, watching men land on the moon (i don't subscribe to the fake theories). Long hot summers where we were out all day from the minute our breakfast was finished until as late as we could push things with our parents. Getting into music (Slade initially....then evolving into punk which as a 10 year old didn't really understand but knowing that parents hated it made it the coolest thing out). Seeing us win the league cup under MacLeod and then just knowing instinctively that Ferguson was going to make us special. The almost overnight change from finding girls boring into wanting into their kecks. Going from Butlins one year to the first foreign holiday the next and getting into the cockpit of the 'plane as it was called then and having the pilots explain what al the buttons, gauges and dials did. The Pink Panther Show immediately following Final Score on Saturdays.

And Aztec bars

The moon landings were (faked) in the 60's min ?

3 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

The 70s

And Aztec bars

Don't forget the pedo children's entertainers 

35 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Its wank, every cunt argues about absolutely everything, cant make poof jokes or complimentary pat a lady on the bottom. 

49 minutes ago, Parklife said:

:cheers:

Also, Jesus existed, and did all the stuff written down.

14 minutes ago, cheesepipes said:

Its wank, every cunt argues about absolutely everything, cant make poof jokes or complimentary pat a lady on the bottom. 

And I reckon in the every decade ever, people of a certain age said the same thing about the modern times. 

It's how the world meant to go, IMO. 

Can imagine in the 60's in America

"Can't even lynch a black anymore without getting funny looks!" 

You're a relic, Pipes. No bad thing, but things ain't ever going back to the way they were.