What era would you choose to live in.

Redforever86

2 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

I'd hate to be young now. I honestly sympathise with them. Social media, environmental doom and gloom, sexual politics, racism obsession, fuck all that shit.

Social media- Fair point, I think it does more harm than good, overall. 

Environmental doom and gloom- should people just ignore it and crack on? 

Sexual politics- not sure what this is 

racism obsession- what? 

If you're personally miserable that's fair enough, but I think it's a stretch to blame it on the causes of the young. Causes that aren't new either, been around for decades and decades. 

You speak so much shite it's unreal.

You cant use bloody racial slurs anymore! 

You can't sexual assault women anymore! 

They want us to care about the planet!? 

They want us to care about racism!? 

zzzzzzzzzzzz

Old baldy fuds 

10 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Social media- Fair point, I think it does more harm than good, overall. 

Environmental doom and gloom- should people just ignore it and crack on? 

Sexual politics- not sure what this is 

racism obsession- what? 

If you're personally miserable that's fair enough, but I think it's a stretch to blame it on the causes of the young. Causes that aren't new either, been around for decades and decades. 

You speak so much shite it's unreal.

I think you're misunderstanding me Consi. Possibly intentionally. I'm not blaming the young for anything, I'm sympathising with them. 

I'm not really interested in getting into an argument about it, I'm just stating that life, and people, seemed happier in the 90's than now and I'm glad I grew up when I did.

7 minutes ago, NEM said:

Yip absolutely fucking clueless ?

Amadeus was pretty shite @Poodler - had some good nights there but it wasn't a patch on the likes of De Nero's, Joy or the Palace at the time.  

As clueless as suggesting the vaccine altered DNA? 

4 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

I think you're misunderstanding me Consi. Possibly intentionally. I'm not blaming the young for anything, I'm sympathising with them. 

I'm not really interested in getting into an argument about it, I'm just stating that life, and people, seemed happier in the 90's than now and I'm glad I grew up when I did.

You're probably not wrong, but it's not because of most of the things you've mentioned. They are symptomatic of the unhappiness, rather than the cause. 

5 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

You're probably not wrong, but it's not because of most of the things you've mentioned. They are symptomatic of the unhappiness, rather than the cause. 

You might be right but certainly young people seem, in my experience, more serious, sober, worried, self conscious than ever before. Constant chuntering about "climate crisis" "mental health" "racial injustice" "transphobia" can't be good for the cunts.

Too much media, social and mainstream, is the problem.

7 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

You might be right but certainly young people seem, in my experience, more serious, sober, worried, self conscious than ever before. Constant chuntering about "climate crisis" "mental health" "racial injustice" "transphobia" can't be good for the cunts.

Too much media, social and mainstream, is the problem.

I do think you're half right half wrong. There is such a thing as being overexposed to the issues, which probably does impact people's mental health. That's not to say they shouldn't care about the issues, mind. 

16 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I do think you're half right half wrong. There is such a thing as being overexposed to the issues, which probably does impact people's mental health. That's not to say they shouldn't care about the issues, mind. 

Protests in Dundee about shit that happens in America is just stupid. They should be out enjoying their youth not wasting it on pointless shit.

9 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Protests in Dundee about shit that happens in America is just stupid. They should be out enjoying their youth not wasting it on pointless shit.

Who are you to say what they are/aren't wasting it on? 

I don't think they are protesting things in America, I think they are protesting racism at large. 

2 minutes ago, NEM said:

Repeating something without knowing the context (due to you deleting your account after a meltdown).  Cringe

Posting fabrications about a safe vaccine cause you're a mentalist

More cringe 

30 minutes ago, cheesepipes said:

Amadeus was probably the worst club experience in ABZ. 

Absolutely hated it, but i was on the cusp of the older crowd.

Much preferred licking the wet walls of The Pelican or Joy. 

Joy was brilliant on a Friday night - some right states

19 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Who are you to say what they are/aren't wasting it on? 

I don't think they are protesting things in America, I think they are protesting racism at large. 

You'd think this country is riven with racism the way they bang on instead of everybody just jogging on which is what really happens. It's a manufactured problem.