Glass, stick or twist?

Glass. Stick or twist?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Bin now, or stand by him. Simple choice.

Glass is, and never was, a suitable candidate for the manager's job.

He is so out of his depth it is getting almost too painful to watch.

I reckon he'll offer his resignation before DC finds the balls to sack him.

My prediction is it will happen post the Hibs match as Glass will still retain the faint hope we will beat a wounded Hibs side after their poor defeat yesterday. I expect the opposite and they will have a positive reaction and beat us quite easily.

On 10/16/2021 at 8:48 PM, Watson Oh The Bar! Scanlon Yes! said:

The experiment needs ended now. 

How the fuck is it an experiment? Why do people keep using this term.

• He's an EX PLAYER.
  • He's had some experience as a manager, albeit not a huge amount
  • He's known to the directors and the fans.

He's exactly the type of management signing that a shit ton of other clubs have had in the past, and will continue to do in the future. 

To name a few:

• Real Madrid - Zidane
  • Arsenal - Arteta
  • Rangers - Gerrard (ok not an ex player, but inexperienced and first management job)
  • Chelsea - Lampard

Aberdeen had two players in the past who came straight into the management hotseat without any experience, Roy Aitken and Willie Miller. 

Some obviously more successful than others, but it's hardly something completely out of the box what Aberdeen are doing.

An experiment would be to let a different fan manage the team every week.

An experiment would be to let a consortium decide on the running of the team every week

An experiment would be to let a chimp loose on Football Manager to determine the tactics and lineups every week.

An experiment would be to let some of the cunts on here decide on the footballing matters! 

Just now, muttonhumper said:

Fuck knows.

Whatever it is though, it's really fucking shite.

I wonder what the success rate is for ex players coming to their old clubs and managing is. (and i mean, inexperienced like Glass, Miller, Aitken etc). None of those three we've had, recently, were particularly successful. McGhee was absolutely shite as well and he'd had experience. You'd likely be going back a lot further for other examples, I can't think of any right now. 

• Glass - shite
  • Aitken - Won a cup. Nearly relegated us. Shite
  • Miller - So close to winning the league when he took over. Then went tits up.
  • McGhoo - Cretin.
5 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

I wonder what the success rate is for ex players coming to their old clubs and managing is. (and i mean, inexperienced like Glass, Miller, Aitken etc). None of those three we've had, recently, were particularly successful. McGhee was absolutely shite as well and he'd had experience. You'd likely be going back a lot further for other examples, I can't think of any right now. 

• Glass - shite
  • Aitken - Won a cup. Nearly relegated us. Shite
  • Miller - So close to winning the league when he took over. Then went tits up.
  • McGhoo - Cretin.

I ken.

It's a touch depressing.

We all had our doubts due to the circumstances of the appointment.

But to see it unfold and witness a decent lad, decent player go through this shite for all the wrong reasons does rankle a bit.

I can't blame Glass for giving it a go, and I'm struggling to give him any level of abuse.

I'm just saddened by the whole thing, and the obvious cunt at the whole root of it is that Garthdee Gnashers Prawcess Srtadijjy prick.

Who is quickly going to become a hate figure for Dons fans if he continues the shite he has been coming away with.

• Upvote 2
5 hours ago, StandFree1982 said:

How the fuck is it an experiment? Why do people keep using this term.

• He's an EX PLAYER.
  • He's had some experience as a manager, albeit not a huge amount
  • He's known to the directors and the fans.

He's exactly the type of management signing that a shit ton of other clubs have had in the past, and will continue to do in the future. 

To name a few:

• Real Madrid - Zidane
  • Arsenal - Arteta
  • Rangers - Gerrard (ok not an ex player, but inexperienced and first management job)
  • Chelsea - Lampard

Aberdeen had two players in the past who came straight into the management hotseat without any experience, Roy Aitken and Willie Miller. 

Some obviously more successful than others, but it's hardly something completely out of the box what Aberdeen are doing.

An experiment would be to let a different fan manage the team every week.

An experiment would be to let a consortium decide on the running of the team every week

An experiment would be to let a chimp loose on Football Manager to determine the tactics and lineups every week.

An experiment would be to let some of the cunts on here decide on the footballing matters! 

To quote SG around a month ago, and at various other points:-
“We are trying to do something at the club that's a little bit different”

Scroll down most dictionary definitions of experiment and once you get past the science definitions you generally get something like
“to test or to try a new way of doing something“

It’s an experiment, especially when you thrown in new stradegee, pretty much untested coaching  staff, turnaround in playing staff and a Director of Football who has got a heck of a remit.

Don’t get me wrong, things had to change. We were regressing fast.Some with rose tinted specs have started to forget just how eye-bleedingly bad we were increasingly becoming

However, fair play on your response. Think Zidane being the most successful of them so far went into a role with a well established oiled machine behind him. The others, we’ll have to see.

I’ve a modicum of sympathy for him, and he seems like a nice guy. He’s struggling by the sounds of it though and I don’t think it does him any favours keeping him in place much longer.

How on earth he was the outstanding candidate from the hastily convened “prawcess” I’ll never know. Not sure if fault for the bloated / imbalanced squad lies with SG or DC or both.
Pretty sure DC has a ‘Trading Places” style bet with his mates in Atlanta.

Decisions mad by the AFC Chat committee would be wonderful though!

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I see Cormack’s wee keagen moment the other night has convinced half a dozen folk on here at least ? so easily swayed 

The posters who have been hoodwinked by that choreographed, clutching at straws rubbish, will soon be back on the Glass out bus by 4.50 on Saturday. 

A defeat by Hibs & he’s going to look a complete tit. 

PS - Why are you starting an identical thread to the one already there? 

10 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The posters who have been hoodwinked by that choreographed, clutching at straws rubbish, will soon be back on the Glass out bus by 4.50 on Saturday. 

A defeat by Hibs & he’s going to look a complete tit. 

PS - Why are you starting an identical thread to the one already there? 

Because the one already there has option no longer relevant & no option for those that voted for it to amend their votes.

This one is a simple option.

yay/nay