Aberdeen 1 - 0 Hibernian

22 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Folk moaning about this are the same grown men who got a hardon over our chairman telling some weegie hun cunts to fuck off on the radio when we've won fuck all in 10 games. Absolute deflection tactics from colgate and half of you have bought it. 

Colgate is a really uncreative and shit nickname.

• Upvote 3

Guest findlay_1903
1 hour ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

It'll be another head shaking pile o' pish, unfortunately.  Mind you if it assists in getting that scumdonian cunt oot the door it's maybe a blessing in the long run.  Too much optimism here.  I have little under this bellend.

That’s the spirit ?

Guest findlay_1903
3 minutes ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

Realistic.  No place for blind faith (Clapton is ok on guitar) of false optimism.

We will chase the points hard and our status will improve. 

The 'most experienced and best pundit' stated yesterday a solid foundation at the back was where we need to start to improve results, quoting examples of Hearts and United keeping it very tight - two teams that play 3 at the back.

He mentions our tactics appear to be to get Ramsey and Mackenzie as high as they can to create chances, which then leaves the centre-backs exposed and the only ones left defending....an inference that most of our goals are conceded in this way. I think a lot of people have very poor memories or simply just don't watch all the games. Look at the goals we've conceded.

Where we've been vulnerable is when our keeper has had the ball in hand, we immediately lose possession and the starting position of the FBs has been advanced. Surely an easy fix. When you look at the 13 league goals we've conceded, there are 3 goals where the initial starting position of the FBs may have been a contributing factor; Motherwell first, Celtic first and St Mirren first goals (Joe's poor kick). Goals where the ball is immediately pinged back as a result of poor distribution by the GK or CBs, the FBs are high and the CBs have failed to deal with it....although they should have.

There's actually been NO goals scored in the league as a result of the FBs bombing forward and leaving the CBs exposed on the break. It's a complete myth. The only goal from a long ball was Saturday, but that was primarily a result of Bates trying to play offside against a lone striker and making a complete arse of it.

If persisting with a back 4, being more cautious when we're initially setting up would be a start. 

2 hours ago, Lambster1903 said:

The 'most experienced and best pundit' stated yesterday a solid foundation at the back was where we need to start to improve results, quoting examples of Hearts and United keeping it very tight - two teams that play 3 at the back.

He mentions our tactics appear to be to get Ramsey and Mackenzie as high as they can to create chances, which then leaves the centre-backs exposed and the only ones left defending....an inference that most of our goals are conceded in this way. I think a lot of people have very poor memories or simply just don't watch all the games. Look at the goals we've conceded.

Where we've been vulnerable is when our keeper has had the ball in hand, we immediately lose possession and the starting position of the FBs has been advanced. Surely an easy fix. When you look at the 13 league goals we've conceded, there are 3 goals where the initial starting position of the FBs may have been a contributing factor; Motherwell first, Celtic first and St Mirren first goals (Joe's poor kick). Goals where the ball is immediately pinged back as a result of poor distribution by the GK or CBs, the FBs are high and the CBs have failed to deal with it....although they should have.

There's actually been NO goals scored in the league as a result of the FBs bombing forward and leaving the CBs exposed on the break. It's a complete myth. The only goal from a long ball was Saturday, but that was primarily a result of Bates trying to play offside against a lone striker and making a complete arse of it.

If persisting with a back 4, being more cautious when we're initially setting up would be a start. 

Pretty sure at least one of Motherwell goals was from a diagonal ball over the top into the full back position as was Dundee’s at the weekend? I was blootered at both though and can’t face the highlights so stand to be corrected 

7 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

Have you listened to it yet MT?

Keen to hear your opinion of the interview.  

Haha yep listened to it last night whilst playing champ manager (ironically, qualifying for the europa groups in the first season!)

I absolutely love the passion

I love the fact he accepted the offer to go on and fight our corner, as hardly any if any chairmen would do that at all, especially when we are on as poor a run as we are

There was some stuff he said which was contradictory and also a little daft, but there was more that he said that did resonate and just generally, the passion with which he said it all made me really like it

As someone who also gets furious and just opens their mouth, letting the brain contents come out, I can sympathise with him 

He got more right than wrong and the fact he was as impassioned as what he was, made me proud

This might just be the catalyst for that old siege mentality 

• Upvote 3