Aberdeen 1 - 0 Hibernian

25 minutes ago, NEM said:

Pretty sure at least one of Motherwell goals was from a diagonal ball over the top into the full back position as was Dundee’s at the weekend? I was blootered at both though and can’t face the highlights so stand to be corrected 

At Motherwell, Joe kicks, headed immediately back into channel, McCrorie doesn't deal with it. FB starting position cannot affect this. Dundee, yes a long ball, but to an area Bates was supposedly covering against lone striker. Trying to play offside killed us.

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

Haha yep listened to it last night whilst playing champ manager (ironically, qualifying for the europa groups in the first season!)

I absolutely love the passion

I love the fact he accepted the offer to go on and fight our corner, as hardly any if any chairmen would do that at all, especially when we are on as poor a run as we are

There was some stuff he said which was contradictory and also a little daft, but there was more that he said that did resonate and just generally, the passion with which he said it all made me really like it

As someone who also gets furious and just opens their mouth, letting the brain contents come out, I can sympathise with him 

He got more right than wrong and the fact he was as impassioned as what he was, made me proud

This might just be the catalyst for that old siege mentality 

+1

27 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Central midfield has been an issue for me all season - is Scott Brown good enough? Not sure what I was expecting but I've been underwhelmed, playing like a 36 year old, hasn't got the legs to get around the pitch.

He's got enough mobility, his experience gets him through games easily enough, think he'd benefit from having some legs next to him and not that wee bastard Ferguson.

5 hours ago, starryfish said:

Central midfield has been an issue for me all season - is Scott Brown good enough? Not sure what I was expecting but I've been underwhelmed, playing like a 36 year old, hasn't got the legs to get around the pitch.

I got my slaughtered on here for making same point about brown. He's done at this level. 

9 hours ago, Millertime said:

Haha yep listened to it last night whilst playing champ manager (ironically, qualifying for the europa groups in the first season!)

I absolutely love the passion

I love the fact he accepted the offer to go on and fight our corner, as hardly any if any chairmen would do that at all, especially when we are on as poor a run as we are

There was some stuff he said which was contradictory and also a little daft, but there was more that he said that did resonate and just generally, the passion with which he said it all made me really like it

As someone who also gets furious and just opens their mouth, letting the brain contents come out, I can sympathise with him 

He got more right than wrong and the fact he was as impassioned as what he was, made me proud

This might just be the catalyst for that old siege mentality 

Just confirms this is why he did it. 

Gypes like Millertime lapping it up. 

Nobody was attacking the club. They were questioning the chairman's decision. For once, the media weren't being total hacks, and were asking fair and reasonable questions, ones most supporters were asking. 

If you actually listen to what he's saying, it's nonsense. The quip about Atlanta II being in a more competitive league than the Scottish Championship...would we normally hire a manager with a 25 win percentage from the Scottish Championship, like? 

We're fucked. They might galvanise and get a result against Hibs. Might put in a spirited performance against the huns, but at the end of the day, we are totally done. The recruitment has been poor, we lack pace, and we lack tactical nous.

6 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

If you actually listen to what he's saying, it's nonsense. The quip about Atlanta II being in a more competitive league than the Scottish Championship...would we normally hire a manager with a 25 win percentage from the Scottish Championship, like? 

An excellent point. Maybe only if they were mates with the chairman...

1 minute ago, DD1903 said:

An excellent point. Maybe only if they were mates with the chairman...

I expect if this was put to Cormack his retort would be that "Stephen was there to develop young players." Which to him, would be a perfectly reasonable answer. To me though, that would only further show his lack of credentials for the job as manager of AFC.

17 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I expect if this was put to Cormack his retort would be that "Stephen was there to develop young players." Which to him, would be a perfectly reasonable answer. To me though, that would only further show his lack of credentials for the job as manager of AFC.

Can't argue with that