Aberdeen 1 - 0 Hibernian

2 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

Longstaff wasn't his best today however he's young and his confidence is shot. A run of games and an improvement in results should bring the best out in him.

So glad Watkins is back. Such a good player at this level. Was our best player last season prior to his injury. Absolutely vital we keep Watkins, Ramirez and Hedges fit this season.

Longstaff is playing for his future as there is absolutely no chance he will make it at Newcastle especially now they are awash with dirty Saudi money. I have nothing against loans if they are of the quality of Danny Ward, Michael Hector and James Maddison but to me Longstaff is no better than what we already had on our books.

If Watkins wasn't so injury prone I reckon he would be playing at a club in England.

6 minutes ago, South Stand Seagull said:

Good atmosphere - Hibs never really had any sniff.. good professional game on our end. 
wish this was very week!

They had a couple of heart in the mouth moments where the put the ball right across our goal in dangerous situations.

Just needed a tap in.

A few of their crosses where they were targeting Lewis was also worrying, but glad that we curtailed them as far as we did.

24 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Did Glass/Cormack not promise better showings/no more lay downs v arse cheeks? Not much evidence of this bravado yet. If anything we have gone backwards from even the Mcinnes attitude in this respect.

you should go support a wee club like St Mirren where being very easily pleased is more normal 

You are a fucking thick cunt ?

• Upvote 1

That was much more like it today - not perfect, but definitely better. The 3412 formation that lots of us on here had been calling for for ages worked significantly better than the 433 we've been wasting our time with for the last couple months. Bates still looks like a bombscare at times, but McCrorie is much better in a back 3 and was very good today. Brown was excellent. Watkins was excellent. Ramirez took his goal very well and was much more involved because he had Watkins and Hedges much closer to him. 

The main worry is the injuries because we don't have another central defender, or right wing back, so it might make the 3 at the back formation impossible to play. Against a "lesser" team we might get away with Brown playing as a sort of sweeper in a back 3, but not against Sevco or Hearts.

Just watched it back again and I'm sticking to it not being a traditional back 3.

I can see why you guys are thinking that (He was a sitting LB, instead of an attacking LB), but the reality is that up until Gallagher went off, it was a back 4, with Ramsay / Ojo pushing forward). He sat in to nullify Boyle, which he did brilliantly and when Boyle went inside, he tucked in.

For the last 5 minutes of the first half, Brown then dropped into defence and they adjusted the formation. They kept this at the start of the second half and it simply was not working. We were getting deeper and deeper and was changed when Glass re-organised when Lewis was down injured getting Brown to step back forward into midfield, just ahead of the defence.

There are plenty of screenshots I could take to show his positioning and how it differed when he went into LCB at the end of the first half / into the second, but here's a clear point where it shows the back 4 of Ramsay, Bates, Gallagher and McCrorie

spacer.png

The formation is always fluid as the game plays on, but as a defensive set-up it was a 4-4-2, but would appear like a 3-4-2-1 when Ramsay bombed on and we were attacking. Had McKenzie played today, I would have expected him to sit in similarly like he did against St Johnstone. With the plan being to nullify their wide threat

So I thought we were OK today. I expected a little more but I thought in general we played well. Having Watkins and hedges back makes such a difference. Makes you wonder if mcinnes was able to keep Watkins, hedges and Wright fit if he would have ever have been sacked. 

Ojo has not been mentioned much but he played very well today. I can see why glass would keep him. Like in champ manger it's handy to have a player who can play fine in many a position. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Thick as fuck ?????

You always come away with so much delusions of grandeur over anyone on here that are critical of the team & resort to personal attacks of attempted belittling. Clearly you have a miserable life & all your delusional beliefs of others are a reflection of your own life & low self esteem ?

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Postman Pats Cat said:

So I thought we were OK today. I expected a little more but I thought in general we played well. Having Watkins and hedges back makes such a difference. Makes you wonder if mcinnes was able to keep Watkins, hedges and Wright fit if he would have ever have been sacked. 

Ojo has not been mentioned much but he played very well today. I can see why glass would keep him. Like in champ manger it's handy to have a player who can play fine in many a position. 

Agree with all this. Watkins and hedges make us so much better in the final third. Getting them both fit and playing every week is essential - their injury record is a major worry. Ramsay’s crosses are our number one goal threat and our lack of width would be a disaster without him. 

Ojo gets more grief than he deserves. He’s a limited footballer and a major problem in the 433, but today I thought he got about the pitch, played a host of different positions and worked his arse off. Credit to Brown as well, looked classy today.

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, minijc said:

Just enjoy the win, we as football fans have a habit of getting too carried away with good results then getting far too down about a bad result.  If we perform well and come up short against them I'll probably be ok with it, if we put in a shit performance and win, I'll be delighted, shit performance with a shit result will rightly see criticism towards everyone at the club.

This is the correct answer. 

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Postman Pats Cat said:

It would depend if he still tried to shoe in an unfit apparently disinterested Cosgrove into the mix.  My guess is that he would have, fucking it up in the process.

4 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

It would depend if he still tried to shoe in an unfit apparently disinterested Cosgrove into the mix.  My guess is that he would have, fucking it up in the process.

Still strange that hendry, hornby and kamberi were seen as good replacements by someone. 

I watched the game "live" on Alba. Very impressed with the commitment and energy shown by the players. They all seemed to be well up for the task in hand. It was a bit frantic at times, and could be difficult to sustain that amount of effort regularly over 90 minutes. Good to see the defence remaining solid. Cormack will be disappointed with the stats - we only had 44% possession.

11 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

You always come away with so much delusions of grandeur over anyone on here that are critical of the team & resort to personal attacks of attempted belittling. Clearly you have a miserable life & all your delusional beliefs of others are a reflection of your own life & low self esteem ?

Still thick as fuck ???????