Aberdeen 1 - 0 Hibernian

13 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Can we just discuss Watkins here?

He looks too good for us, what's the story with his career?

Maybe his injury record held him back

Some of the dribbles both with pace strength and balance were incredible

The keepie uppie with mcgregor too, absolutely insane

Shouldn’t be a surprise as he transformed us before played in a formation (apparently brought in by luck) that suited our team at the time.

Does seem a little injury prone though so can only assume that’s held him back.

Thought the result was important today, the performance was hard worked, seems like the players are right behind Glass, Ramirez/Brown especially showing that at goal.

Watkins looked good too & the feeling is he will get better. I hope so.

Maybe we all need to pull in the same direction for Glass, instead of maybe taking the easy option & shout for his head.

I like the guy & really hope it works out for him, I felt he was out his depth, but I'm hoping I'm wrong, Only time will tell I guess.

A good result yesterday & hopefully we can follow it up on Wednesday & beyond.

COYR

27 minutes ago, Dandiesmin68 said:

Thought the result was important today, the performance was hard worked, seems like the players are right behind Glass, Ramirez/Brown especially showing that at goal.

Watkins looked good too & the feeling is he will get better. I hope so.

Maybe we all need to pull in the same direction for Glass, instead of maybe taking the easy option & shout for his head.

I like the guy & really hope it works out for him, I felt he was out his depth, but I'm hoping I'm wrong, Only time will tell I guess.

A good result yesterday & hopefully we can follow it up on Wednesday & beyond.

COYR

Thought the same. 

Suggests what that drunken Tory idiot McAvennie had to say about players not liking him was total and utter nonsense. 

7 hours ago, DD1903 said:

So far, it looks like we were a bit more direct in this game Less sideways passing and more forward balls into space and feet. Anyone that was there confirm this? Hard to tell on the tv

We were still playing it mostly along the deck. The huge difference yesterday was Watkins and Hedges making themselves available in the middle of the pitch for a simple 10 yard pass, then controlling the ball and moving forward. It makes a massive difference when you can run past people with the ball. 

8 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

We were still playing it mostly along the deck. The huge difference yesterday was Watkins and Hedges making themselves available in the middle of the pitch for a simple 10 yard pass, then controlling the ball and moving forward. It makes a massive difference when you can run past people with the ball. 

Yep, we've been crying out for players who can take the ball on the half turn in advanced midfield positions all season. 

Injury to Gallagher only highlights how stupid we have been this window as far as CH’s go. Especially when we lost Considine.

so if permacrock Devlin still isn’t fit we actually only have one CH fit (& he’s dodgey to say least) & only 10 games in.

I have ridiculed Glass’s first MASSIVE window plenty (in majority of areas) but I still cannot get over just how bad he has performed in getting us a decent central defence. It really is astonishing just how bad it was & even without the desperation of using injuries to try & excuse it is probably the worst effort any manager of the club has had at ‘improving’ our defence. 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Injury to Gallagher only highlights how stupid we have been this window as far as CH’s go. Especially when we lost Considine.

so if permacrock Devlin still isn’t fit we actually only have one CH fit (& he’s dodgey to say least) & only 10 games in.

I have ridiculed Glass’s first MASSIVE window plenty (in majority of areas) but I still cannot get over just how bad he has performed in getting us a decent central defence. It really is astonishing just how bad it was & even without the desperation of using injuries to try & excuse it is probably the worst effort any manager of the club has had at ‘improving’ our defence. 

Can't believe you still post on here

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

We signed Bates and Gallagher, on paper two great signings. We lost Considine to a long term injury and it now looks like Gallagher will be out for about 6 weeks as well. 
Glass is persisting with McRorie at the back because he wants to play the ball out of defence. 
Devlin is permanently injured unfortunately. 

For Scottish football, to have the choice of four centre halves, Bates, Gallagher, McRorie and Considine is pretty good. Maybe this new injury will make us blood someone from the youth team (Hancock?) who will make the same impression McKenna did a few years ago. 

Our centre half position is definitely not the disaster you make it out to be. 

3 hours ago, sheepcrooky said:

Yeah, the passing was a lot more positive. Hopefully continues 

3 hours ago, Millertime said:

Can't believe you still post on here

Back at you you twat

2 hours ago, sheepcrooky said:

We signed Bates and Gallagher, on paper two great signings. We lost Considine to a long term injury and it now looks like Gallagher will be out for about 6 weeks as well. 
Glass is persisting with McRorie at the back because he wants to play the ball out of defence. 
Devlin is permanently injured unfortunately. 

For Scottish football, to have the choice of four centre halves, Bates, Gallagher, McRorie and Considine is pretty good. Maybe this new injury will make us blood someone from the youth team (Hancock?) who will make the same impression McKenna did a few years ago. 

Our centre half position is definitely not the disaster you make it out to be. 

Bates was a Considine replacement, if he wasn’t then it’s another failing that he didn’t actually replace Considine when he got injured. Bates is never a fkn good signing on paper, what backs that nonsense statement up?

McRorie isn’t & never will be a CH (even by Scottish football standards) & to try & excuse the shite we have by saying‘Scottish football’ is just an excuse to get away with shite.

you are even using Considine in your justification as one of ‘four’ CH’s & he will be out for season & was injured long enough before window closed & it was obvious he was long term.

That is probably the worst defence or our defensive signings I have heard from anyone yet. 

Our defensive strategy this window was nothing short of farcical. Especially once Considine got injured

’choice of 4 CH’ you say but we have never had a choice of more than TWO actual CH this season.

Bates came after Considine & McRorie ISN’T a CH

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Thought the same. 

Suggests what that drunken Tory idiot McAvennie had to say about players not liking him was total and utter nonsense. 

Yeah I noticed it too... I think it's fairly clear that he's being fed nonsense from his mate Derek.... who's still trying to engineer a move for his son!

On 10/23/2021 at 7:59 PM, Ramandu said:

FWIW on the radio Willie Miller was asked about our back line in the first half, and said that anyone who saw it as a back 3 needs to go to Specsavers.

Many people think we played 3 at the back, but here is some examples of why I believe it was a back 4, which looked like a back 3 as Ramsay pushed forward whilst McCrorie (LB) sat and tucked in.

Straight from kick off, clear back 4 with Brown playing the ball down the left wing

spacer.png

8 minutes in, Cadden attacking down the right, McCrorie tucked in slightly covering Boyle, but still a back 4

spacer.png

10 mins in, McCrorie clearly LB marking Boyle, Ojo covering the overlapping Cadden. Bates and Gallagher too wide at this point with Ramsey just out of shot

spacer.png

Roll on 13 seconds and the back four are back in a more familiar position

spacer.png

30 seconds later having defended the situation, back in position, McCrorie clearly at LB with Ramsay over on the Right and Gallagher / Bates in the middle

spacer.png

5 mins later, not the bast freeze frame, but still a back 4

spacer.png

Onto the 17th minute, still clearly a traditional back 4

spacer.png

Again, a few minutes later, here I can see why some think its a back 3 as McCrorie has tucked in centrally covering Boyle. You can see Ojo is the most advanced midfielder at this point with Ramsay over on the right

spacer.png

A few minutes later, again back into the traditional back 4 with McCrorie tackling Boyle in the LB position

spacer.png

5 minuts before the goal, still a clear back 4 for me

spacer.png

spacer.png

After the goal there was a change with Ramsay going off, Ojo going into his role and Hayes going into LM

We changed the formation when Gallagher went off and Brown dropping in to cover till half time. At the start of the second half, Brown clearly set up between the two centre backs but we were so hemmed in, ultimately Brown was pushed back into midfield.

I don't think we'll see the same tactics tonight given the personnel changes but McCrorie filled this role so well, I can see it being used again sometime

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

Honestly cant believe somebody could be so anal to post all that shit in the name of claiming to know about football tactics.

Wow min - get a life.

So instead of showing an opposing view, you opt to add nothing of value.

I can only assume you can't argue against the point I was making