Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dynamo

Aberdeen 1 - 0 Hibernian

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Hibs on a bit of a stuttery run of late.

They must be delighted they’ve got us next. The team that stops everyones bad runs

 

We should change the club name to Imodium fc. 

No. Dia Dons Areeah F. C. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

I do rate MacKenzie, I think he's been excellent - I do think he gets hung out to dry a little bit with the expectations put on him (similar to Ramsay) to be up in the oppositions third of the park and have to race back to cover when we lose the ball. The central defenders haven't helped them out enough, and the sitting midfielders arguably haven't helped them enough either this season. 

You're right that Gallagher and Bates will need to perform a whole lot better, or it'll be the same old story if we gift chances to a striker like Nisbet.

There's a reason why you have full backs

If both of them are 40 yards up the field, leaving 2 central defenders to cover the space where 4 are meant to be, is it any wonder they struggle to do so?

Gallagher did show some signs of a bit of a return to form against Dundee but Bates has been a bit of a bombscare to date. I'm still not sure that Griffiths was onside at Dundee's first goal. He got a lot of stick for that and there may be a case for it. But if he had been 10 yards further back he's then playing everyone onside and would have been slaughtered for that too. Griffiths would still have picked the ball up as Bates was covering the whole left hand side and couldn't afford his starting position to be too wide

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Problem is that MacKenzie is, along with Ramsay, supposed to be our main attacking threat in the Glass system - so when he's piling forward, all Hibs need to do is put the ball in behind to Boyle or whoever else and we'll get sliced open. 

He didn’t bomb forward last time we played them so tell him not to again. 
I know we’ve been defending very craply but Hibs ain’t that good I think we have a good chance if we cut out the stupid defending 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

There's a reason why you have full backs

If both of them are 40 yards up the field, leaving 2 central defenders to cover the space where 4 are meant to be, is it any wonder they struggle to do so?

Gallagher did show some signs of a bit of a return to form against Dundee but Bates has been a bit of a bombscare to date. I'm still not sure that Griffiths was onside at Dundee's first goal. He got a lot of stick for that and there may be a case for it. But if he had been 10 yards further back he's then playing everyone onside and would have been slaughtered for that too. Griffiths would still have picked the ball up as Bates was covering the whole left hand side and couldn't afford his starting position to be too wide

They don’t have to both attack at same time, plus when your tactics are to use advanced FB’s/wing backs then the defensive mids are meant to sit back protecting the shite two in central defence that can’t cope.

basically we have signed a load of shite players that cannot handle the tactics Glass wants to play & that is 100% his failure.

We can’t excuse the weaknesses in him & his signings & blame it on our two young FB’s that are only doing what they’ve been told & are (quite honestly) the only good thing about the whole team right now

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

There's a reason why you have full backs

If both of them are 40 yards up the field, leaving 2 central defenders to cover the space where 4 are meant to be, is it any wonder they struggle to do so?

Gallagher did show some signs of a bit of a return to form against Dundee but Bates has been a bit of a bombscare to date. I'm still not sure that Griffiths was onside at Dundee's first goal. He got a lot of stick for that and there may be a case for it. But if he had been 10 yards further back he's then playing everyone onside and would have been slaughtered for that too. Griffiths would still have picked the ball up as Bates was covering the whole left hand side and couldn't afford his starting position to be too wide

Absolutely - but you can't expect them to be your main attacking threat and also expect them to magically be back in their defensive positions whenever we lose the ball. A number of the goals we've lost have been down to that (granted a lot of them and others have also been a result of ridiculously bad defending and goalkeeping).

So if he's expecting the full backs to be so high up the park a lot of the time, he needs to put in place some kind of plan to cover the space they've left vacant. Either that or tell them not to push up so often. Problem is that's about the only means of attack we seem to have.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
2 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Absolutely - but you can't expect them to be your main attacking threat and also expect them to magically be back in their defensive positions whenever we lose the ball. A number of the goals we've lost have been down to that (granted a lot of them and others have also been a result of ridiculously bad defending and goalkeeping).

So if he's expecting the full backs to be so high up the park a lot of the time, he needs to put in place some kind of plan to cover the space they've left vacant. Either that or tell them not to push up so often. Problem is that's about the only means of attack we seem to have.

This needs addressed pronto otherwise the winless run will continue for a good while yet.

Share this post


Link to post

I genuinely think we will win this match. It will all come good tommorow afternoon. 2-0 The Dons!!

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Absolutely - but you can't expect them to be your main attacking threat and also expect them to magically be back in their defensive positions whenever we lose the ball. A number of the goals we've lost have been down to that (granted a lot of them and others have also been a result of ridiculously bad defending and goalkeeping).

So if he's expecting the full backs to be so high up the park a lot of the time, he needs to put in place some kind of plan to cover the space they've left vacant. Either that or tell them not to push up so often. Problem is that's about the only means of attack we seem to have.

Against St Johnstone, the two young lads were not bombing forward  as they normally do. They were tasked to track O’Halloran and Middleton, which they did very well.

I’d expect a similar role tomorrow

Share this post


Link to post

Sorry to say it brothers but Jack Ross teams don't go on losing streaks. 

They lose one and bounce back - especially away from home.

Get your vaseline ready for a good ass shagging.

downloadfile-1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

Yous lost 3 zip at home to fucking Dundee utd you fucking plum - even us, as shite as we've ever been, beat those vaginas 2 zip 

Get ready to greet you wee arsehole 👍

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Sorry to say it brothers but Jack Ross teams don't go on losing streaks. 

They lose one and bounce back - especially away from home.

Get your vaseline ready for a good ass shagging.

Except you’ve just lost two on the bounce

Share this post


Link to post

Forever throwing incorrect darts combos these arseholes from Leith

Share this post


Link to post

Today's the day! 

A thumping win for the Dons. Fuck Hibs - disgusting bastards. 

4-1

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

 

Hibs may score more goals than us today, but by fuck, I bet we out stat these bastards, not to mention the absolute thrashing we'll give them in the data, which according to our chairman, is what really matters. So hibs, score all the meaningless goals you want, we'll have more possession, more shots, more corners etc. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Sorry to say it brothers but Jack Ross teams don't go on losing streaks. 

You got papped 3 games in a row over christmas and new year min. Was that clown not in charge last year?

Share this post


Link to post

Hopefully Ferguson is dropped. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Hopefully Ferguson is dropped. 

 

I hope so too, he's a wee prick.

Share this post


Link to post

The problem with the full backs is if they don't create then nobody else does, why Ferguson and Hayes play every week is more baffling to me, still think we will win Today as Hibs are as poor as us at the back and we normally beat them at home, 2-0 us

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

The problem with the full backs is if they don't create then nobody else does, why Ferguson and Hayes play every week is more baffling to me, still think we will win Today as Hibs are as poor as us at the back and we normally beat them at home, 2-0 us

Unfortunately I think Hayes will start today.

Share this post


Link to post

Right Aberdeen come on it's Hibs for fuck sake. No excuses, no bemoaning bad luck, no bemoaning individual errors, because at the end of the day it's Hibs, losing is in their DNA. 

Share this post


Link to post

We'll know the outcome by about 2pm when the lineups are announced. If we see the name Ojo in the starting 11 (which is a strong possibility) we might as well save ourselves the bother and just forfeit the match.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Don_Corleone said:

We'll know the outcome by about 2pm when the lineups are announced. If we see the name Ojo in the starting 11 (which is a strong possibility) we might as well save ourselves the bother and just forfeit the match.

So, so true. He is fucking rotten. 

Share this post


Link to post

Out 

We are shite until Glass falls on his sword.

Will reluctantly buy ppv as I can watch at work and not a lot else happening.

1-2 Browns bum from half a yard out.

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Against St Johnstone, the two young lads were not bombing forward  as they normally do. They were tasked to track O’Halloran and Middleton, which they did very well.

I’d expect a similar role tomorrow

The young full backs have been very disciplined in a number of games. Fully agree. Was it not Mackenzie that was being accused of a nosebleed if he ever crossed the half way line?

As for the FBs bombing forward together, leaving the CBs exposed, being the root cause of the 13 league goals we've conceded this season.....Jesus, Mary and Joseph. 

Joe's error with Bruce from a corner, Dec's penalty, Bates and Joe's mess v St Mirren, Fergies duck, team cluster fucks for the Ross County, Celtic 2nd and Dundee 2nd goals, Stevie May drifting past everyone. The Motherwell 1st, Celtic 1st and St Mirren 1st coming directly from our initial setup when the ball is fired back immediately after poor distribution by goalie or CB, FBs initial position cannot influence and the CB make an arse of it

As for the only goal from a long ball over the top on Saturday, folk may have a different view, but Bates should just deal with it every day rather than take the lazy option and play offside.

So it could be argued none have been a result of the FB bombing forward together. CBs have not continously faced 2v1s. Nearly all goals are just down to shit decision making and poor play.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post

Willo Flood , Adam Rooney and Jonny Hayes all went to the same Primary school in Dublin.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Dad said:

Yous lost 3 zip at home to fucking Dundee utd you fucking plum - even us, as shite as we've ever been, beat those vaginas 2 zip 

Get ready to greet you wee arsehole 👍

Best you stock up on some high grade marrywana weed ganja, allowing those sphincter muscles full relaxation, to permit the deepest penetration from one of your own - Senhor Martin Boyle min.

martin-boyle-boyle.gif

Let it be. 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

Lol 

All bases covered son - fear not 👍 

 

Great shorts 😎

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...