Sevco 2 - 2 Aberdeen

25 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

That's the problem. They don't have to think about it. If that was given against rangers (or Celtic) there would have been long discussions, and it would have filled the back pages of the papers for days. Another team and it's "meh, probably a pen, move on." *

So in the back of every ref's mind is the attention they will draw if they don't give something for the big two. And if they end up giving something soft against other teams? Well there's no consequence, so no incentive to change. It can't help but influence them, as we see season after season.

I don't believe there's a conscious conspiracy, with brown envelopes. Just incompetence, bias and laziness throughout.

*McFadden genuinely said "probably a shirt tugging that you can't see" or something... incredible.

Doesn’t need brown envelopes when you have hun bastards reffing hun bastard games 

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

He was brilliant. The composure he's brought to our defence in the last game and a half has been excellent. He needs to stay there, at least in the short term. 

I don't think we can have him stay there v Hearts. Need him in and around Banigime. They've been playing Gnaduillet up front as well, who's a tank, and probably best left to RMC and David Bates. 

14 minutes ago, Parklife said:

He was brilliant. The composure he's brought to our defence in the last game and a half has been excellent. He needs to stay there, at least in the short term. 

McGeouch surely deserves a run in midfield now so Brown should stay in defence I reckon. Both were outstanding last night, Brown especially 

“But you can’t get carried away because we come here and nick a point. We need to go and beat Hearts on Saturday. 

“It gives us a platform to build on. The platform is the work rate and effort of the players. You saw that from them tonight.

“"They are a really good team with really good players so to get undone by a free-kick that doesn’t look like a free-kick and a penalty that doesn’t look like a penalty? I think that’s good for us."

Hard to understand where Glass is coming from rgds saying we 'nicked a point' WTF? How is it nicking a point by us? if anything it's them that did that ffs. Also not sure how the controversial decisions are in any way 'good for us' 

It's like he wanted to complain & tried a little but was too shit scared to do it properly & seriously hedged his chat with back tracking/suck up to interviewer 

2 hours ago, winchester83 said:

Stephen Glass still doesn’t get it, ok he says the players gave everything that was patently obvious but it also shows they weren’t giving everything against Dundee, St Mirren and  St Johnstone. 

I don't think it necessarily shows that. I think the big difference has been the change in formation / shape. Much better with 3 at the back, and someone up closer to Ramirez for support. I don't think the previous formation suited the players at all, whereas this one does. A bit of confidence back in the team as well which makes all the difference.

43 minutes ago, NEM said:

McGeouch surely deserves a run in midfield now so Brown should stay in defence I reckon. Both were outstanding last night, Brown especially 

Definitely - McGeouch will still be lacking match sharpness as well so he needs a run of games. I think playing at the back maybe suits Brown better now too - he can still step forward at times, but less onus on him getting round the pitch, and more opportunity for him to organise things.

3 hours ago, Dons79 said:

Aye cause it’s me in the wrong?.you fucking wise up?,this shit has been happening since the early 90s!, what year is this?,how many times has an non glasgow team won the league since?, perfect time to call it out and embarrass them, he didn’t, swept under the carpet and we move on!.

not the first time they’ve had a helping hand is it?.

Early 90s, it's been happening since the start of the 20th century.

Look up the semi final cup draws between 1960 and 1990, it was fucking embarrassing.

Rangers and Celtic being kept apart and the huns nearly always getting the weakest team.

Edit : Just looked, between 1960 and 1990 the OF were in 28 semi final cup draws, they drew each other 3 times.

Huns nearly always got the weakest team left in the draw,  if the draw included Aberdeen, Celtic and Dundee United, they would get Dundee United.

When Forfar, Meadowbank and Montrose managed to fluke it to a semi final, guess who they got in the draw.

15 minutes ago, shut up meg said:

Early 90s, it's been happening since the start of the 20th century.

Look up the semi final cup draws between 1960 and 1990, it was fucking embarrassing.

Rangers and Celtic being kept apart and the huns nearly always getting the weakest team.

Aye sorry, in my life time that I can remember, your spot on, just wasn’t old enough to know it happened even then!. Disgusting.I’ve never seen as blatant cheating in my whole life as yesterday

Just now, bruceg1978 said:

Someone has just advised me that the last time we were awarded a penalty at Ibrox was in 1993 League Cup when Joe Miller scored in a 2-1 defeat.  Can anyone think of any penalties we've had down there since then?

Don't think we have.

6 pens for Sevco in our last 6 visits there