Sevco 2 - 2 Aberdeen

12 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

We tried sitting in last season against them when we had a depleted side through injuries and the U21 return flight fiasco. I'd argue the defence we played that night were better than the one we will put out tonight.

They stuck 4 past us, with 71% possession and eased up the final 20 minutes.

We are as well giving it a bit of a go. 

And if we are going to cop a red card......at least make the offence worth it. El Buffoonalo copping a Durrant would be pleasing. Or Kent getting knocked out cold (not sure if he's fit to play tho) by a haymaker from Brown

Aye, so we'll probably end up as a 5-4-1

3 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

I hope we stick with the 4-3-2-1 formation.

Probable team will be: -

Lewis

Ojo Bates McCrorie Hayes

Ferguson Brown McGeouch 

Hedges Watkins

Ramirez

Midfield and forward looks good, but that back four gives me the heebie-jeebies. Three midfielders and one centre half who hasn't set the world on fire so far.

1 minute ago, Ke1t said:

This'll be a culture shock for Ramirez, and not in a good way. 

A guy raised Catholic and is, in typical American style, very open about his faith. 

Don't think the howling vermin won't be aware of it. 

Hopefully he scores and crosses himself in front of their main stand. 

With his big fucking smile on his face. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

It definitely was a 4-3-2-1 in my opinion. It looked like a 3 when Ramsay bombed forward and McCrorie sat in, but in our defensive set-up it was 4 until Gallagher went off injured and Brown dropped in

I can clearly show this when home this evening.

haha it's okay mate - like i said in my initial post, no need for you to do that (I knew you would though!) - we'll agree to disagree on that to save you the bother. ?  Let's just agree that whatever the shape was on Saturday seemed to suit us a lot better than the 433 thing we'd been playing before. Hopefully we see a positive performance tonight - despite our weaknesses at the back, I think we need to go for it - I think Hedges and Watkins can give them problems and Ramirez can finish if he's given opportunities. The disappointing thing is we'll likely not carry the same threat out wide without Ramsay and MacKenzie. Hayes will do okay on the left, but he doesn't really have the legs to keep going up and down the park for 90 minutes now. I suspect it'll be Ojo on the right and I'm not expecting much from him.

7 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

This'll be a culture shock for Ramirez, and not in a good way. 

A guy raised Catholic and is, in typical American style, very open about his faith. 

Don't think the howling vermin won't be aware of it. 

From what I can gather Ramirez was raised in a church going Catholic family, but is now a born again Christian as a result of playing in some kind of Christian team "Charlotte Eagles" - so if the Sevco fans have any understanding of the whole Catholic / Protestant thing at all, they will realise he ought not to be a target. However most of the Sevco fans I know don't have a scooby what the difference is.

Just now, Don_Corleone said:

From what I can gather Ramirez was raised in a church going Catholic family, but is now a born again Christian as a result of playing in some kind of Christian team "Charlotte Eagles" - so if the Sevco fans have any understanding of the whole Catholic / Protestant thing at all, they will realise he ought not to be a target. However most of the Sevco fans I know don't have a scooby what the difference is.

They struggle with the concept of old clubs and new clubs and understanding the difference between relegation and fast tracked entry applications so just about everything else will be too much for them to comprehend 

6 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

I think you answered your own question that you weren't technically asking. 

It's my understanding that he was raised Catholic, and that's all they'll need to fuel their rage.

I hope he gets a hattrick. 

We will either get a draw tonight or they will win 1-0 with a late dodgy penalty after we scored at some point during the game but our goal was either ruled offside when clearly on or a make believe push in the box on a defender of theirs. And mcgregor in goals will get away with murder regardless when he should be sent off