Recruitment

I see the club have appointed highly thought of analyst and Aberdeen fan Lee Scott to be part of our recruitment process. Hopefully windows from now on in will be a little more successful signing players. I know data played a big part in the Ramirez signing and to be fair to the club regardless of what the fans think of him he is going to get us 20 goals a season. 

Good luck to the person that got a dream job working for AFC. 
My opinion though….what a waste of money. I know you need a bit of luck as in reality we are taking chances on quite a few signings. We aren’t signing these players because of fantastic stats etc. Otherwise Gurr, Woods, JET, Bates, Watkins, Longstaff and Jenks would not be entertained. These players were signed out of desperation.

1 hour ago, slippers said:

I see the club have appointed highly thought of analyst and Aberdeen fan Lee Scott to be part of our recruitment process. Hopefully windows from now on in will be a little more successful signing players. I know data played a big part in the Ramirez signing and to be fair to the club regardless of what the fans think of him he is going to get us 20 goals a season. 

Is he the guy who would compile video analysis for the coaching team; providing the data that’s Cormack was on about last week?  I read the previous guy was off sick for 2 months recently and then left.

Or is he part if Darren Mowbray’s recruitment team?

13 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Is he the guy who would compile video analysis for the coaching team; providing the data that’s Cormack was on about last week?  I read the previous guy was off sick for 2 months recently and then left.

Or is he part if Darren Mowbray’s recruitment team?

He tweeted that hes part of the recruitment team. 

20 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Good luck to the person that got a dream job working for AFC. 
My opinion though….what a waste of money. I know you need a bit of luck as in reality we are taking chances on quite a few signings. We aren’t signing these players because of fantastic stats etc. Otherwise Gurr, Woods, JET, Bates, Watkins, Longstaff and Jenks would not be entertained. These players were signed out of desperation.

Old fashioned outlook. Im hoping the majority of the above players that were recruited have not been recruited on this basis or I agree it dosnt look great. My hope is that the windows from now on will bare fruit and will see us signings players from all over the world (work permit depending). If the next windows is followed by similar signings again I will ask questions but im quite excited about the next transfer window. 

2 hours ago, slippers said:

Hi Dave, hope you are well.

Got to love a bit of data analysis.

3 hours ago, slippers said:

He tweeted that hes part of the recruitment team. 

Old fashioned outlook. Im hoping the majority of the above players that were recruited have not been recruited on this basis or I agree it dosnt look great. My hope is that the windows from now on will bare fruit and will see us signings players from all over the world (work permit depending). If the next windows is followed by similar signings again I will ask questions but im quite excited about the next transfer window. 

It’s not old fashioned at all. It’s just my opinion. I would like to know what data and stats were used for our summer recruitment and who decided to on what players to sign. It actually might give us an insight into the failings at our great club. The whole mantra about only bringing in players who will make an improvement on the first team was farcical. A shameful lie by our manager and club bosses. 

5 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

It’s not old fashioned at all. It’s just my opinion. I would like to know what data and stats were used for our summer recruitment and who decided to on what players to sign. It actually might give us an insight into the failings at our great club. The whole mantra about only bringing in players who will make an improvement on the first team was farcical. A shameful lie by our manager and club bosses. 

I just mean that its quite nice to see the club trying something different. Im trying to think on positive side and the summer was a bit of a scatter gun approach and that the next window with a head or recruitment in place will be more measured. Time will tell I guess. As I've always said id far rather we signed 2/3 quality players and made up the squad with youth than sign 8 average players. 

Agree with that last statement. 

5 hours ago, slippers said:

Don’t mention the “dehta”