Aberdeen 2 - 1 Hearts

14 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Well deserved win

Overall performance improving as well

Very encouraging signs

COYR

What pleased me most is that we saw the decisive Stephen Glass that we saw at the start of the season.

Changed from 3-4-2-1 to 4-3-3 at half time, and from then on we were by far the better team.

And as an aside, AFC need to stop this 9999 crowd shite. 

5 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

You avoiding admitting that Glass may not be leading us to relegation?

Im not believing that we are guaranteed to keep going and lots to work on but i think your reaction was a little hysterical post Dundee

Bit of a cheap shot after a good win? 

It's pretty simple. 

Win games consistently and you won't get much stick. 

Lose games consistently and you won't get much credit. 

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Bit of a cheap shot after a good win? 

It's pretty simple. 

Win games consistently and you won't get much stick. 

Lose games consistently and you won't get much credit. 

Dont mean it like that

Results were obviously poor and deserved criticism

But relegation being imminent etc under glass was always a bit excessive 

Anyways who cares . We are picking up

All on the same side here.. bar that thick Wester hailes hun

• Upvote 1

Great turnaround well done with the change to a back 3 for these games and changing at half time as well from Glass.

I do think he's been a bit lucky however.

Bates looks horrendous and gets worse every game I see him play.

Mcgeouch and campbell only in due to injuries as is Brown in defence and the three of them have been excellent.. not sure it would have been the same story without the injuries.

All the same, we'll take it and keep it going SG. Was probably due a bit of luck.

Watkins is fucking excellent.

Much better, we absolutely bossed the midfield today. At them constantly from the start of the second half and they just couldn't handle us. Hope Watkins stays fit, a proper footballer. Ramirez also excellent today, never gave their 'defence' a minutes peace and some nice touches, deserved a goal. Brown was just Brown, a class act as most of us knew he would be. 

I don't think it's coincidence that the upturn in form has coincided with McGeouch returning to the team.

What is absolutely bizarre though is that it's also coincided with the player who it would be pretty unanimous as our consistently best  player up till the Hibs match getting injured early on in it and missing the following 2 games completely. Doubtless Ramsay will walk back into the side when he's fit (surely at the expense of Ojo) but MacKenzie might not find things quite so easy to regain his if we keep this kind of form up.

4 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Dont mean it like that

Results were obviously poor and deserved criticism

But relegation being imminent etc under glass was always a bit excessive 

Anyways who cares . We are picking up

All on the same side here.. bar that thick Wester hailes hun

I like it when WHS come on here and gives it big licks about the next big things that have come in through the revolving transfer doors of Hearts.

He certainly bigs them up and tells us all how great they are, then we see them and they tend to be shit.

Thinking about it, I imagine after watching Hearts for close on 30 years, anyone who was capable of doing 5 keepie uppies would be classed as silky though.

• Haha 1

I have been a staunch defender of Glass even when the results have not been good. 

Today was really enjoyable in the end, but we also advertised some of the issues that have been frustrating during the bad run of results.

In the first half our possession was a little too meek and we didn't offer enough of an attacking threat. We looked the better side but lost the first goal. This is incredibly frustrating.

What gave me hope this week was that the whole team seemed to defend much better and as a group.

Either way, I think we are still in the early days of this Glass reign and he deserves more time to work things out no matter how the results pan out. I far more enjoy this Aberdeen when it is working than any Aberdeen team in years and years.

• Upvote 2
20 minutes ago, Itsagoal said:

Hearts are minging. Great second half. Brown motm, Watkins not far behind. McRorie, Campbell very good. Great goals by Watkins and Ferguson. 
Smart play by Ferguson - he ran past Halkett, then slowed slightly and Halkett had nowhere to go other than to barge him in the back. Yellow card. Smart.

Eh no.

What would have been smart is if rather than doing that he moved his fat arse up the wing, whipped a cracking cross into the middle for Ramirez to bury and finish the game.

1 minute ago, shut up meg said:

I like it when WHS come on here and gives it big licks about the next big things that have come in through the revolving transfer doors of Hearts.

He certainly bigs them up and tells us all how great they are, then we see them and they tend to be shit.

Thinking about it, I imagine after watching Hearts for close on 30 years, anyone who was capable of doing 5 keepie uppies would be classed as silky though.

He's like that Iraqi boy, Comical Ali... or whatever.

Hearts were utterly awful!  They could have taken a real spanking today.  Summed it up when they're struggling massively and bring on Halliday!

2 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Ramirez could be a £20 Million player for us, he's sublime. What a buy.

What I just noticed, skimming the game back, was when Halliday chopped down Ferguson  Scott Brown was, as you'd expect, the first Aberdeen player to get there and grab hold of the cunt. 

What I hadn't noticed was that Ramirez steamed in inna, and grabbed hold of him from the other side, until Brown more or less threw Halliday off the pitch. 

He seems a happy go lucky kind of fella, but I think if you got on the wrong side of him he'd fuck you up properly. 

• Haha 1
Just now, daytripping said:

If we can get Ash Taylor back fit and push Brown into the usual midfield role I don't think many teams will be able to beat us.

Too obvious 

5 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

What I just noticed, skimming the game back, was when Halliday chopped down Ferguson  Scott Brown was, as you'd expect, the first Aberdeen player to get there and grab hold of the cunt. 

What I hadn't noticed was that Ramirez steamed in inna, and grabbed hold of him from the other side, until Brown more or less threw Halliday off the pitch. 

He seems a happy go lucky kind of fella, but I think if you got on the wrong side of him he'd fuck you up properly. 

Halliday did that to try and impress and appease his hun mates, just made himself look like a chump, he's no Simmie, he did it right and got a yellow (harsh).