Aberdeen 2 - 1 Hearts

1 minute ago, afc1903mad said:

Absolutely we would.

A player does not have to get out of the way of the opposition player.

Hedges was stood in the box and Ferguson made a very intelligent run past the shoulder of Hedges such that Beningame couldn't follow the same path.

Brilliantly worked routine from the training ground and brilliantly timed

Lol

Brown pushed Hedges purposefully into Benigime to block him

It was a foul

If your reply to this isn't agreement,  we are done

13 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Seeing jambos ranting about GMS. Sounds like he’s no better for them than he was for us. 

He was hardly a disaster here but fuck me if you took his ability and gave him the heart/desire of Shinnie what a player you would have. Some of his pace, crossing, finishing, ability to skin a player was unreal when he could be arsed. You certainly wouldn’t want the fearty cunt in your corner for a scrap

Barely noticed GMS today. I have to say, in the 18 or so months that he was fit for us, he did a whole lot better than I thought he would but he’s clearly on the downslope of his career now, booze has caught up with him and his heart isn’t in it. He should take a leaf out of Johnny Hayes’ book, there’s a man with a real heart.

Thing is, McInnes wanted him back here last January but Cormack had clearly decided enough was enough. Thank fuck; McInnes also wanted to give Hoban a contact too. If you listen to the ABZ podcast and the Hoban interview, the guy was a physical wreck, illogical to even think about a contract renewal for him

9 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Lol

Brown pushed Hedges purposefully into Benigime to block him

It was a foul

If your reply to this isn't agreement,  we are done

If the push from Brown on Hedges was done to block Benigime then Brown is even more of a genius.

For me it was done to distract the 2 Hearts guys in front of them opening the space for Ferguson to run into to, looked liked Benigime just was unsighted and ran into the back of Hedges

But opinions and all that

1 minute ago, Medw1311 said:

If the push from Brown on Hedges was done to block Benigime then Brown is even more of a genius.

For me it was done to distract the 2 Hearts guys in front of them opening the space for Ferguson to run into to, looked liked Benigime just was unsighted and ran into the back of Hedges

But opinions and all that

I think ot was deliberate

3 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Barely noticed GMS today. I have to say, in the 18 or so months that he was fit for us, he did a whole lot better than I thought he would but he’s clearly on the downslope of his career now, booze has caught up with him and his heart isn’t in it. He should take a leaf out of Johnny Hayes’ book, there’s a man with a real heart.

Thing is, McInnes wanted him back here last January but Cormack had clearly decided enough was enough. Thank fuck; McInnes also wanted to give Hoban a contact too

Aye he actually did better for us than I expected. My expectations were low! But going from Hayes to him was still a step down. Despite the fact Hayes is nowhere near him for ability.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, BonnieDon said:

Regarding Allan Russell, another set-piece goal today. 

I had previously given the whole coaching team stick when the results were obviously not the way we wanted them to go….but i certainly acknowledge the time and input they put into the detail of corner kicks. I hope they move onto free kicks very quickly because Lewis Ferguson is honking at taking them.

17 minutes ago, Medw1311 said:

Love Brown and Hedges here...

Watching that clip, I think the whole thing is choreographed, starting with Brown and Hedges run to pull their two markers back.

Then Hedges lines up with Brown looking right at him when Brown is looking back down the pitch.

You can't say Hedges deliberately obstructed beningame as he never looked at him and not sure if you can give a foul to the opposition for pushing your own player.

It's an interesting one and worth digging in and understanding the rulebook on.

1 minute ago, RED_JOHN said:

I had previously given the whole coaching team stick when the results were obviously not the way we wanted them to go….but i certainly acknowledge the time and input they put into the detail of corner kicks. I hope they move onto free kicks very quickly because Lewis Ferguson is honking at taking them.

If Ramsay wasn't injured he'd be taking them.

1 hour ago, Woolenrouge said:

I agree 100%. We were talking about this in the boozer after. Ramsay is going to be a top player as should McKenzie, but not yet, and them getting injured (along with Gallagher) has inadvertantly forced changes that solidified our defence, and with Hedges and Watkins coming in suddenly we look far more robust at the back and linking better up front.

Still giving up posession far too easily though, although not as bad as against Hibs last week.

Very positive week.

Fuck the huns.

Edit to add - highlight just up on RedTV.

Really agree with what you’ve  said but surely we need Ramsay at right back instead of ojo 

3 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Watching that clip, I think the whole thing is choreographed, starting with Brown and Hedges run to pull their two markers back.

Then Hedges lines up with Brown looking right at him when Brown is looking back down the pitch.

You can't say Hedges deliberately obstructed beningame as he never looked at him and not sure if you can give a foul to the opposition for pushing your own player.

It's an interesting one and worth digging in and understanding the rulebook on.

I'm sure benigime running into Hedges was an unintended consequence, drawing away the attention of the 2 Hearts players in front of Brown & Hedges was deliberate though and a thing of beauty 

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Mikey Devlin ?

I think poor Mikey will be fit enough in December to stroll through 4/5 matches to earn a contract until the end of the season. He will be back on the treatment table after the deal has been concluded but don’t worry he will be available mid April to put in a few sterling performances until the end of the season.

Saves Glass the bother of looking for a new central defender for next season.

5 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Ramirez has scored a couple of goals from crosses into the box that Brown has blocked his marker. St Mirren and Breidablik spring to mind

I just hadn't seen it done on such a cool way as today. The "push and altercation" between Brown and Hedges was a thing of brilliance and probably something we will only get away with once.

Great result, to break the diet-hun unbeaten record.

Halliday obv thought he was still playing for the full fat huns, with a tackle of that standard - and subsequent attempts to throw his weight around, until accosted by various dons including Scott "Rolls Royce" Broon, whose play was immense in both defence and midfield.

With their late penalty in the 1st half, I feared another "hard lines" afternoon - but no, and I am delighted for the players and glass (and myself, obviously).

We scored two good goals and it could have been considerably more, had Gordon not had a good game.

7 points out of 9 from Hibs, them and Hearts (and it should have been 9 out of 9) is bloody good form and shows that, when we click, we need fear no-one in this poxy league.

Now to pump motherwell and keep this revival going!