Aberdeen 2 - 1 Hearts

3 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Give it a rest, Bates was very decent today. Part of a defence that meant Lewis had very little to do.

Need to look back as to why Ginelly had so much space at the edge of our box just before half time, but can’t apportion blame until I see it again

Pretty sure it was  Bates who was caught out of position for this, leaving Ginelly totally isolated. 

A couple of times Lewis' reluctance to come off his line almost made Bates, and others, look stupid. 

6 hours ago, Reed or deed said:

Eh no.

What would have been smart is if rather than doing that he moved his fat arse up the wing, whipped a cracking cross into the middle for Ramirez to bury and finish the game.

We didn’t have too many players forward in that attack, so I still say smart play by Ferguson.

17 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

Pretty sure it was  Bates who was caught out of position for this, leaving Ginelly totally isolated. 

A couple of times Lewis' reluctance to come off his line almost made Bates, and others, look stupid. 

Hmmmm, not so sure on that. Bates had been jumping with Gnandulet. 

Ojo appears to have not tucked in

Need to look back and see where Brown and McCrorie were.

[edit] yeah looked back, Bates was on Gnandulet, long hump up the park from Hearts. Brown tried to play to Bates, but it went straight to Gnandulet. Ojo never tucked in.

Bates appeared to be on the right of the three, if you are getting drawn that far out there then you've got to be certain you are winning it and he didn't, leaving such a big hole. I'd only expect a full back/wide man to be tucking in if the ball is coming in from out wide or a longer diagonal, it was clobbered down the middle and I don't think Ojo can be blamed in any way.  It's all about opinions I guess. 

JesusWell that was a damn good day oot. Hertz were just hertz, defend, foul, look for a lucky goal.

First half we were okay, second half we were immense. The energy in the past 3 games has been awesome. 
And kudos to us, the fans. Kept behind the team all day. 
The bounce on the SS fence beside Hearts looked great and the noise from the Red Shed was loud even from my RDS seat. 
Happy days. 

12 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

Bates appeared to be on the right of the three, if you are getting drawn that far out there then you've got to be certain you are winning it and he didn't, leaving such a big hole. I'd only expect a full back/wide man to be tucking in if the ball is coming in from out wide or a longer diagonal, it was clobbered down the middle and I don't think Ojo can be blamed in any way.  It's all about opinions I guess. 

If you look at the play, he was on the right touchline with Gnandulet and then tracked him across.

You seem to be trying to hard to blame Bates.

Who was marking Ginelly?

2 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Seeing jambos ranting about GMS. Sounds like he’s no better for them than he was for us. 

He was hardly a disaster here but fuck me if you took his ability and gave him the heart/desire of Shinnie what a player you would have. Some of his pace, crossing, finishing, ability to skin a player was unreal when he could be arsed. You certainly wouldn’t want the fearty cunt in your corner for a scrap

Anyone who needs rescued from a minor river after a couple of beers is obviously a fanny.

14 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

Bates should've been marking Ginelly, he was in his zone.  Pass him on or whatever, but he left a gaping hole. 

Maybe so, but at the time Bates had tracked Gnandulet and Brown had marked Ginelly and left him.

It was a lump up the park, which Brown had cut out, just a slightly wayward pass from Brown that let Gnandulet play early into their striker

You could maybe attribute a portion to Bares,, Brown and McCrorie, but I wouldn't be singling out Bates for their goal.

Bates has made mistakes in previous games, but today, he was decent enough

7 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Really enjoyed that. Hearts are pish . Soutar is a right good player and Id have him at our club. 

I'm nae so sure, he often gets caught out of position.

Take the first half for example, he waltzed out of defence and left the gap for Hedges to run into where he shot straight at Gordon. That's the sort of stuff Taylor was lambasted for.

He's a decent player, but if he came here, his glass ankle would probably shatter and he'd end up beside Devlin in the treatment room

14 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Maybe so, but at the time Bates had tracked Gnandulet and Brown had marked Ginelly and left him.

It was a lump up the park, which Brown had cut out, just a slightly wayward pass from Brown that let Gnandulet play early into their striker

You could maybe attribute a portion to Bares,, Brown and McCrorie, but I wouldn't be singling out Bates for their goal.

Bates has made mistakes in previous games, but today, he was decent enough

I see your point, nobody is right or wrong but I just think his positioning could be better. It's early days for him and it's been an unsettled back line and he joined a team in bad nick so hopefully it's just teething troubles but aye he was much better than previously. As I said elsewhere, I don't think Lewis does him or anybody any favours, seemingly reluctant to come out and take control, he should be organising and he doesn't appear to. 

Fuck Hearts. 

32 minutes ago, Dom Sullivan said:

@Wester Hailes Skins
The Hearts boy who looks like Adebayor who must be 6ft 7 - are his legs made of straw that he canna jump?

What a waste he was - never got airborne once unless Broonie dumped him on his arse.

Just a shiter Adebayor

He's a weird player. All the physical attributes available but won't challenge headers, won't run channels, won't make contact. A passenger of I've ever seen one. 

These cunts thought they'd signed a gem with him as well.

1 hour ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Hear what your saying matey but Hearts would be really fucked without him.

I love how he takes the ball out of defence. We could really do with someone like that.

McCrorie did that well today 

Getting 80 mins out of Marley, hedges and rimmer was really pleasing. We look so much more threatening when these three all play fingers crossed they get an injury free run. And hedges signs an extension.

also looked so much more solid at the back. McCrorie was good today and really enjoy the option from the back that he gives us.