The 10,000 limit. Stick or twist?

Stick or twist with the 10,000 capacity limit  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Should we stick with the 10,000 capacity limit or remove the shackles?

• Stick with the 10,000 limit
    • Remove the shackles, and aim for 10,000+

So, the club, if I recall correctly, said there would be a review after the Hibs and Hearts games.

AFC made the call to exploit the loophole, as was their right, whether you agree with that call or otherwise. And we know there are some additional implications for both the club and fans from removing the 10,000 limit.

Taking aside whether you agree with the current COVID laws and rules, what would you do?

1. Stick with 10,000 limit.

2. Twist, and remove the 10,000 limit.

I guess there is a 3rd option, to remove the shackles and refuse to implement any of the required checks. 

Guest milne_afc

This is making AFC look a bit tinpot. We could have a team capable of challenging for the second CL spot, open the ground and build a momentum. 
Settling for 10k crowds sets a dangerous precedent with a new stadium on the agenda.

I'm not sure if we are doing anything different. If some AFC fan rocked up to the club shop to buy a ticket but we already had 9,999 sold, they wouldn't get turned away. The ST's + away support must be close to the 10,000 anyway.

And I agree with most, it has looked like more than 10,000 the last two Saturday's.

Mitch

Guest milne_afc

Just watched the goals again.

RDU is closed, RDL has lots of empty seats, Mainer is, as always 70% full at best and the red shed looks good because the central areas are packed, but the sides are fairly sparse and the front few rows are closed off for flags. Hearts had 830/2200.

Easily over 10k empty seats.

*If the Dons are lying wink wink that’s a pretty foolish strategy.
**They aren’t 

12 minutes ago, Howard Marks said:

My understanding of the club's stance is that there is no limit but because the "expected" number of spectators are below 10,000 then the covid papers aren't required. Basically exploiting a loophole.

Have the club actually come out said that they have capped the attendance at 9,999?

I think you’re right, with the words being used to that effect for the last two games, helped by the limit on away fans.

We have a terrible home support for the 3rd biggest team in Scotland. 10k or less at home to Hearts and Hibs is embarrassing. Too many huns etc in Aberdeen. Plus the fact we aren’t the most ambitious of clubs nowadays doesn’t help. Just as well we have a great central belt support…they certainly boost the figures.

1 hour ago, milne_afc said:

Just watched the goals again.

RDU is closed, RDL has lots of empty seats, Mainer is, as always 70% full at best and the red shed looks good because the central areas are packed, but the sides are fairly sparse and the front few rows are closed off for flags. Hearts had 830/2200.

Easily over 10k empty seats.

*If the Dons are lying wink wink that’s a pretty foolish strategy.
**They aren’t 

You might well be right.

If my maths is right, 3,817 home fans with tickets didn’t attend yesterday and that’s fucking mental. How can that be explained? 

If another club us gave us half the tickets within a single away end we’d be calling it what it is.

4 hours ago, RED_JOHN said:

We have a terrible home support for the 3rd biggest team in Scotland. 10k or less at home to Hearts and Hibs is embarrassing. Too many huns etc in Aberdeen. Plus the fact we aren’t the most ambitious of clubs nowadays doesn’t help. Just as well we have a great central belt support…they certainly boost the figures.

I reckon a fair percentage of Aberdeen fans come from North of the city itself.

Good of you to be so ignorant.

For each person required to check certs we will pay 6 hours. Probable at a rate of £20-30 per person per hour ( yes paid £10) but charged out at around £25 so for each vaccine checker we need to sell 10 tickets.  Next question how many checkers? At least one per gate. And let’s say 12 per stand. Call it 50 for the stadium. So we need to sell AT LEAST 500 more tickets when we are admitting there are more rigerous checks

to me doesn’t make sense. 

check prices went up by £5 per ticket so roughly a cost of £10k. So again roughly 500 tickets

keep going as we are

19 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

I reckon a fair percentage of Aberdeen fans come from North of the city itself.

Good of you to be so ignorant.

You are probably right and in fairness I didn’t take that into consideration. It’s certainly damming that north and south of the city itself brings a big percentage of the home gate. The club will need to do more to get the city people interested in the club. We lack real sales. The club are a bit Mickey Mouse at selling to the Aberdeen punters. Need to up the game hugely.

15 minutes ago, Bamber said:

For each person required to check certs we will pay 6 hours. Probable at a rate of £20-30 per person per hour ( yes paid £10) but charged out at around £25 so for each vaccine checker we need to sell 10 tickets.  Next question how many checkers? At least one per gate. And let’s say 12 per stand. Call it 50 for the stadium. So we need to sell AT LEAST 500 more tickets when we are admitting there are more rigerous checks

to me doesn’t make sense. 

check prices went up by £5 per ticket so roughly a cost of £10k. So again roughly 500 tickets

keep going as we are

You said we needed 300 extra stewards yesterday. 

Now it's 50.

If it's only random checks for over 16s then we don't need many extra stewards. 

I don't seem to remember this kind of fuss at the European matches back in July when stewards were checking tickets and ID. I also reckon there was a sizeable number of unvaccinated people at the games v Hacken, Breidablik and Qarabag so why is the 10,000 figure so important now?

And who are the club seriously trying to convince that we got 13,007 v St Johnstone last month and then suddenly drop to 9,431 v Hibernian and 9,736 v Hearts.

54 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

I don't seem to remember this kind of fuss at the European matches back in July when stewards were checking tickets and ID. I also reckon there was a sizeable number of unvaccinated people at the games v Hacken, Breidablik and Qarabag so why is the 10,000 figure so important now?

And who are the club seriously trying to convince that we got 13,007 v St Johnstone last month and then suddenly drop to 9,431 v Hibernian and 9,736 v Hearts.

Your not understanding. We didn't get 13,007 v St Johnstone. That was sold tickets. The actual attendance was probably under 10,000.

We sold 13,553 for Saturday. 

This issue of season ticket holders not showing is not new. The club were embarrassed by crowds published before so started including season ticket holders, whether in attendance or not, to try and make us look bigger. 

49 minutes ago, RUL said:

Your not understanding. We didn't get 13,007 v St Johnstone. That was sold tickets. The actual attendance was probably under 10,000.

We sold 13,553 for Saturday. 

This issue of season ticket holders not showing is not new. The club were embarrassed by crowds published before so started including season ticket holders, whether in attendance or not, to try and make us look bigger. 

If these real crowds are correct, they’re around the same as were actually turning up in McGhee and Brown years and generally far less than Calderwood and McInnes.

1 hour ago, torry_battery_ram said:

The law has changed since then.

6 hours ago, huncunts said:

If these real crowds are correct, they’re around the same as were actually turning up in McGhee and Brown years and generally far less than Calderwood and McInnes.

We got 5,500 v hibs once, think it was under brown. 

It was during mcinnes era we started publishing crowds in this manner. 

We are just not a big supported home team. The club are really struggling to get a lot of older fans back into Pittodrie. They have probably seen enough to know this was just another false  dawn. You need excitement to get fans through the gate….Aberdeen are hardly described as exciting.

What doesn’t help is when the likes of John Cheaton get to do as they please and the club don’t act on it. It just shows how far out of reality they are. A change in management and a change in the chairman’s seat….but still the same meekness and acceptance. 

The club is listening to the wrong advice, it’s time to step up a gear and mean business.