The 10,000 limit. Stick or twist?

Stick or twist with the 10,000 capacity limit  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Should we stick with the 10,000 capacity limit or remove the shackles?

• Stick with the 10,000 limit
    • Remove the shackles, and aim for 10,000+

5 hours ago, RUL said:

We got 5,500 v hibs once, think it was under brown. 

It was during mcinnes era we started publishing crowds in this manner. 

We started counting tickets sold from 2017/18 when the average inexplicably jumped by over 3000. Some very low crowds under Brown but also plenty higher ones. Less wild fluctuation depending on results these days. 

1 hour ago, huncunts said:

We started counting tickets sold from 2017/18 when the average inexplicably jumped by over 3000. Some very low crowds under Brown but also plenty higher ones. Less wild fluctuation depending on results these days. 

No opinion on any of this pish. Just popped in to say what an incredible username you have.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Couldnt justify a ST this year because of workdays uncertainty but stumbled upon the 'pick 6' package the club are offering.Spoke to the ticket office*, allows you 2 Category A games,then any other 4 without the need to confirm which ones,til on the day if ness. Ideal  ?

* Northen lights lullaby while you wait ?️ ?

On 10/31/2021 at 9:15 PM, aberdeen1970 said:

You said we needed 300 extra stewards yesterday. 

Now it's 50.

If it's only random checks for over 16s then we don't need many extra stewards. 

I said less this time because you complained 300 last time - cant win. only way you know if an u16 is under 16 is ask - therefore you still need someone to ask the question every gate needs 1 or probably 2 stewards and a head steward every 5 or so gates- who pays???? celtic fans had to pay during the trial that never happened an extra £5 per fan  

Whatever at the moment there is no limit and the club say we got under 10 K

so guess what if they then put it that we will guesstimate there is >10000 then no more people are likely to turn up (why would they whats the incentive? all the clubs done is introduce potential extra checks)

but the club will have to pay extra stewards be that 50 or 300 so with substantial extra costs we have a static income there is no sense at all

Let the club keep saying there is less than 10 k and incur no extra cost while allowing any afc fan who wants a ticket have one seems tottally sensible and good business practice to me

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Bamber said:

I said less this time because you complained 300 last time - cant win. only way you know if an u16 is under 16 is ask - therefore you still need someone to ask the question every gate needs 1 or probably 2 stewards and a head steward every 5 or so gates- who pays???? celtic fans had to pay during the trial that never happened an extra £5 per fan  

so guess what if they then put it that we will guesstimate there is >10000 then no more people are likely to turn up (why would they whats the incentive? all the clubs done is introduce potential extra checks)

but the club will have to pay extra stewards be that 50 or 300 so with substantial extra costs we have a static income there is no sense at all

Let the club keep saying there is less than 10 k and incur no extra cost while allowing any afc fan who wants a ticket have one seems tottally sensible and good business practice to me

Can some of the existing stewards not do some checks as well?  

25 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Can some of the existing stewards not do some checks as well?  

Yes and seeing as it’s random checks it’s really not a big deal saying they will comply with it. Under 18’s are excluded from checks so 25% of all others should be easily managed.

i would want more money for doing it and more stewards if I was the stewards boss - why do it for nothing? no incentive at all

No incentive for AFC to do it either

Its a headline only no fans have been or will be denied entry for it the club has sold 14k tickets near enough for hearts game with no comment from club council or JRG as to having to start checks in the run up just in case we had over 10k - why on earth do we need to do anything at all?

all people are worried about is this oh we are expecting under 10k - so what no one is stopped from getting in - only 850 hearts fans - who cares really?

• Upvote 1
12 hours ago, Bamber said:

For one, we turned down 2000 away fans over 2 games which is over £50,000. We didn’t sell them tickets never mind ‘likely to turn up’.

There’s only around 40 gates including the away end nearly all of which are 2 directly next to each other. Other grounds don’t have one checker per gate. No idea where you’re getting 6 hours from for a checker and £15 is the outsourced standard. £2000 a game absolute tops. As others have said it’s likely existing stewards would fill some of those checker roles too.

We probably won’t need to limit away tickets or do checks any time soon. The club should be asking why 4000 ticket holders aren’t turning up though. Obviously not because of vaccine passports. 

• Upvote 1

wouldnt be the minimum wage guys wanting it but he people HIRING the minimum wage guys - this is a variation to the stewarding contract - as a contracting company  i would want significantly more for this obvious variation to contract. celtic were charged £5 per head for the trial match tickets that gives you an idea of the costs involved 

as I say all stoopid anyway - there is nothing wrong with the current system - no one misses getting in and it costs nothing -why change it?

2 hours ago, Bamber said:

as I say all stoopid anyway - there is nothing wrong with the current system - no one misses getting in and it costs nothing -why change it?

Because it sends out completely the wrong message.  And discourages people from attending whilst imposing a ridiculously low attendance ceiling. 

The club need to rethink this one and I think they will. 

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Because it sends out completely the wrong message.  And discourages people from attending whilst imposing a ridiculously low attendance ceiling. 

The club need to rethink this one and I think they will. 

The attendance is higher than what they are saying. No? 

21 hours ago, Tommy said:

Yes and seeing as it’s random checks it’s really not a big deal saying they will comply with it. Under 18’s are excluded from checks so 25% of all others should be easily managed.

Aye. Folk are over engineering this. 

All the checks can be done outside on the way into the stadium. 

A steward shouts get your vaccination letters/apps out please. Then walks down the queue checking one in 4. 

Job done. 

15 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye. Folk are over engineering this. 

All the checks can be done outside on the way into the stadium. 

A steward shouts get your vaccination letters/apps out please. Then walks down the queue checking one in 4. 

Job done. 

And if you haven't got vaccination letter/app , you just come out of the queue and join another one in the hope that this time you won't be the 1 in 4 so basically everyone gets in.

14 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

It’s a shame 5000 piece of shit Hearts fans didn’t get to see their team get bent over and fucked senseless on Saturday. 

When did Hearts last take 5000 to Pitodrie?

Hearts are found what Hearts do. Have a decent first round of fixtures following promotion until they get sussed out and their results start to drop.

Gordon is a godsend to them in goals and no doubt helps. Hearts will likely be relegated against once he’s unable to be between the sticks

48 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

When did Hearts last take 5000 to Pitodrie?

Hearts are found what Hearts do. Have a decent first round of fixtures following promotion until they get sussed out and their results start to drop.

Gordon is a godsend to them in goals and no doubt helps. Hearts will likely be relegated against once he’s unable to be between the sticks

Never. It’s what Neilson said they would have brought.