January 2022 transfer window

Starting this one 9 weeks early

DC alluded to throwing money at Glass in January, which maybe was a reaction or an expectation of us being in the shit come January but with that risk hopefully now lifted, I wander what we can expect to see in and out?

Maybe the focus will be on shipping out some of the mistakes from the summer; Jenks, Gurr, McGinn, Devlin, Longstaff and JET, and the financial implications of that. Then using any available remaining cash on defensive reinforcements and leaving the major stuff till next summer

4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

A lot depends on who leaves & what injuries we have after a busy December. 

A £3m incoming transfer fee changes everything too. 

We do need to reduce the squad by at least 4 though. 

Aye, the 9 league games in December and January might change things.

You’d have to expect Ferguson will depart - a few more heeders like yesterday won’t hurt. 

Is Consi expected back in January?

36 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

DC alluded to throwing money at Glass in January, which maybe was a reaction or an expectation of us being in the shit come January but with that risk hopefully now lifted, I wander what we can expect to see in and out?

Maybe the focus will be on shipping out some of the mistakes from the summer; Jenks, Gurr, McGinn, Devlin, Longstaff and JET, and the financial implications of that. Then using any available remaining cash on defensive reinforcements and leaving the major stuff till next summer

Devlin can hardly be called a mistake. He’s the only Glass signing to not have made a mistake. The quicker he plays the better. The physio team are hoping for Christmas holidays this year! 

4 hours ago, Granite95 said:

Hopefully we can get shot of dross like Gurr, Longstaff, Jenks and JET for example.

Can see Ferguson and Hedges leaving, Hedges in particular as I highly doubt he'll sign a new deal so better to get a fee if possible.

Hopeful to see our new Head of Recruitment prove his worth

Hedges will leave for the Head of Recruitment’s brothers club in January. 

9 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Hedges will leave for the Head of Recruitment’s brothers club in January. 

I don't think we'll sell him........ with 6 months left on his contract we'd be lucky to get much more than £150k but I agree that's where he's ultimately headed.........on a pre-contract

3 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

I don't think we'll sell him........ with 6 months left on his contract we'd be lucky to get much more than £150k but I agree that's where he's ultimately headed.........on a pre-contract

I think we might squeeze £250k as Blackburn will not want him on the open pre contract market an extra £100k is nothing to them (which is ridiculous considering their debts) and at £250k I think we will cash in and move on

2 hours ago, Sydney_Red said:

I’d like to see both hedges and Ferguson sold with loan back until end of season a la shinnie. Use some of the cash for McGrath. Save the rest for summer. Move on all the previously mentioned dross except JET. Yes he’s slower than a week in the jail but I think his strength might come in handy on occasion.

Was a la mclean, not shinnie. 

17 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Was a la mclean, not shinnie. 

Also found that really weird. They could've just offered him a pre contract and left him with us until the summer. Instead they did the deal to give us cash and loan him back. Baffling on their part but happy to have taken advantage of their generosity.

Hedges can sign a pre contract then it's up to them to make us an offer to take him in January.

Ferguson sold for good cash and loaned back would be great business and give us chance to use some of the money in January or plan for next season with pre contracts ourselves etc. Presume most of it would disappear into a black hole but sure it would help the football budget and make a reasonable difference. Do we know if Hamilton have a sell on as part of the deal we had to do with them to get him in the first place?

22 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

The Scottish Cup / Finishing 3rd is so pivotal this year. Were 6 points behind third, so if we can strengthen / hold onto talent, its worth a hell of a lot more in the long run

1 hour ago, florin_raducioiu said:

Also found that really weird. They could've just offered him a pre contract and left him with us until the summer. Instead they did the deal to give us cash and loan him back. Baffling on their part but happy to have taken advantage of their generosity.

I'll never understand what went on with the Kenny McLean move to Norwich, defied all logic as to how he signed a pre contract, we received £200K for him and he remained with us till the end of the summer? If the reason was so obvious, how come its never happened before or since, to the best of my knowledge?

2 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

I'll never understand what went on with the Kenny McLean move to Norwich, defied all logic as to how he signed a pre contract, we received £200K for him and he remained with us till the end of the summer? If the reason was so obvious, how come its never happened before or since, to the best of my knowledge?

Aye a deal like that for a senior player is an exception rather than the rule. 

Thoughts that we can sell our players in January, bank the cash and loan them all back until Summer are naive. 

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

If McLean said I’m interested in signing but I want to finish and honour my contract with Don’s but if you do this deal now I will sign (as in give dons some cash and let me stay), if not I will leave the pre contract and see what else I get offered. Norwich want him done and dusted so deal done! 

2 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Maybe the cash was in place of a potential sell on clause? Or any add on clauses?

Just guesswork really. Could be that Norwich were just being good cunts & given that we have dealt with them in past they didn’t want to spoil future dealings

2 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

If McLean said I’m interested in signing but I want to finish and honour my contract with Don’s but if you do this deal now I will sign (as in give dons some cash and let me stay), if not I will leave the pre contract and see what else I get offered. Norwich want him done and dusted so deal done! 

Yeah I'd guess this. Norwich could have lost out on Mclean signing a pre contract with a championship rival so by bidding 200k and loaning him back it guarantees he joins them in the summer. 

16 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Maybe the cash was in place of a potential sell on clause? Or any add on clauses?

Just guesswork really. Could be that Norwich were just being good cunts & given that we have dealt with them in past they didn’t want to spoil future dealings

Did he not want us and St Mirren to get a fee for having played for them? That's what I thought I can remember reading at the time but could be wrong!

Get the loan guys out. No point them being here picking up a wage and hardly playing ( obviously)

Maybe not a bad thing that Ramsay is injured if transfer noise dies down for a while.

Ferguson seems to be finding some form again. What a coincidence with a transfer window looming.

Interesting window coming up, need Hedges to stay until the summer. Only Glass's first season, a squad with potential I think, if Cormack does back him it could be a good second half to the season.

We really need to qualify for Europe so still plenty of work to do

1 hour ago, RED_JOHN said:

I wasn’t a big fan of Kenny McLean. Thought he went missing for a good chunk of his time here. We got something back for what we paid for him so it wasn’t a waste. Won nothing as an Aberdeen player though.

Aye Alan Tate won a trophy with the Dons. He must have been a far better player by that logic!

I think the most important thing in January would be if we can get rid of shite players and save some money ahead of summer 2022. If we can salvage a top 4 place and a Scottish Cup run that will do for the rest of this season. Dont think I trust Glass to make a decent signing in January. You just know he's eyeing up more midfielders