January 2022 transfer window

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

We don’t but think you could take an educated guess that it will be, even moreso if we’ve cut it short by 6 months. 

I don't think it's us that's cut it short. I remember reading an article after he signed which suggested we paid a hefty loan fee for Longstaff. Think it was along the lines of £200k or something. Add on top of that any wages of his we are paying it's been another expensive clusterfuck. 

17 minutes ago, starryfish said:

You'd think we'd be proactive about trying to get players in asap before and if restrictions change if non UK market is one we are going to go down.

We haven't been proactive with much this season. Can see this window being the same. For a manager that said if we signed JET, Jenks, Gurr, Gallagher etc all in one day we'd be thrilled i wouldn't hold out much hope he'll get this one right. 

It's become a question of who you would keep rather than who needs to go.

Samuels, Jenks, Longstaff, Kennedy, (Do you remember him?!) and Devlin should be moved on come January.

We really should be doing the same for JET and McGinn but that could prove difficult.

Lewis needs replaced. If we are insistent on playing these tactics we need to source a goalie who is more comfortable with the ball at his feet.

5 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

Samuels, Jenks, Longstaff, Kennedy, (Do you remember him?!) and Devlin should be moved on come January.

We really should be doing the same for JET and McGinn but that could prove difficult.

Lewis needs replaced. If we are insistent on playing these tactics we need to source a goalie who is more comfortable with the ball at his feet.

Genuinely forgot about Kennedy till last night.  No word on why he's out / how long he's out for? Sure it was a back injury or something, but that's been almost all season. 

1 hour ago, BonnieDon said:

Gurr, don't forget about him

It's probably going to take 18 months to rid the squad of the massive fuck ups made in the summer. 

3 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

Samuels, Jenks and Longstaff were all season long loans. It would depend on the goodwill of their parent clubs if we were to be able to send them back. Thankfully it seems that Newcastle are willing to do this in Longstaff's case but remains to be seen about the other 2.

Devlin should be a no brainer as Glass gave him 6 months to have a look and (as the support could have predicted) he got himself long term injured (once again) before he could do so. But if Glass stays I wouldn't be at all surprised if he uses that as an excuse to give him a further 6 months so he can still take his look. Kennedy.....under contract till 2023. As SF82 says, it is a back injury he's suffering from and no one is going to take him off our hands, even on loan, until he's proven to be fully recovered from that. I think we might manage to move him on in the summer but with us covering a fair old portion of his wages for the year he has left on his contract act that point.

McGinn only has 6 months to go on his contract. There might be a deal to be done if he could fix himself up with a club in Northern Ireland, but more likely he'll see out his contract.

JET I'm afraid we are stuck with till summer 2023. 

You are bang on about Lewis but he's here even longer and he'd be a very expensive back-up. He's been in reasonable form to be fair, since coming back after getting deservedly dropped. He'd be a decent back up for an English Championship side where his wages wouldn't quite be such a problem for that type of role but there are plenty younger 'keepers down south equally as good as him who are probably better long-term options for those sides so again I suspect we might be stuck with him. In the SPL I'd take Kelly from 'Well, Clark at St J and Siegrist at United to replace Joe. All of whom who would be cheaper despite 2 of them being recent Scotland squad regulars. And there are bound to be plenty more better keepers throughout Europe.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

It's probably going to take 18 months to rid the squad of the massive fuck ups made in the summer. 

Dont want to harp on about it but thats another frustration about this whole thing

Whoever came in was inheriting some good players like Ferguson, McCrorie, Hedges, Lewis, Considine and the younger lads. All the shite players were out of contract.... but we've somehow managed to get even worse players. Ramirez replacing Hornby/Cosgrove is the only improvement

• Upvote 1

Not a mention on McLennan?.he good enough for us?. A just love him driving to the corner flag then falling over, amazing player!, 

mclennan, Kennedy,samuels, considine(age),Lewis,mcginn,jet,devlin,longstaff,jenks,gurr, and let’s be honest Hayes (age) and Gallagher, bates good enough for our centre defence?not in my opinion

ferguson will be sold

hedges will leave

ramsay will be sold (no option)

what teams left?, an aging brown, a good left back, a fed up 2 good attackers in Ramirez and Watkins, a midfielder that hasn’t had a game but is good when he does in mcgeoch(bad spelling) and let’s not forget the amazing ojo.

worst situation/team I have seen in my life to be fair and we have the liar cormack and his PRAWCESS to get us out of it and if glass does survive this year, itl be him and cormacks pal tea boy Gunn tasked to create a new team!. Fucking lol ? 

Here's our January shortlist 

PRESS RELEASES

Atlanta United announces year-end roster moves

By Atlanta United Communications @ATLUTD
  •  
  •  
  •  

Wednesday, Dec 1, 2021, 03:55 PM

Atlanta United announces 2021 year-end roster moves

ATLANTA —Atlanta United today announced its year-end roster moves ahead of the 2022 MLS season.

The club declined contract options on Mo Adams, Josh Bauer, Alec Kann, Ben Lundgaard and Cubo Torres. 

On 11/25/2021 at 1:34 PM, Roberto said:

I'll tell you now where season is going.

We will get drawn to Kilmarnock away in the Scottish Cup and lose.

We'll plod along and finish 8th. It'll end with many players losing faith in Glass (more than there currently is) and want to leave if he doesn't. Attendances will be about 7k near end of season.

Mystic Bertie.

hopefully we can break through the 7k barrier in the next game

4 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Here's our January shortlist 

PRESS RELEASES

Atlanta United announces year-end roster moves

By Atlanta United Communications @ATLUTD
  •  
  •  
  •  

Wednesday, Dec 1, 2021, 03:55 PM

Atlanta United announces 2021 year-end roster moves

ATLANTA —Atlanta United today announced its year-end roster moves ahead of the 2022 MLS season.

The club declined contract options on Mo Adams, Josh Bauer, Alec Kann, Ben Lundgaard and Cubo Torres. 

back in for Mo Adams?

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Cubo Torres might be fun. 

Erick Estéfano Torres Padilla is a Mexican professional footballer who plays as a striker. He is nicknamed "El Cubo" due to his large, cubical shaped head.

Zero goals in 22 games for Atlanta this season though, unfortunately 

Please no more Atlanta Utd players. Don't encourage Cormack.