January 2022 transfer window

On 11/28/2021 at 12:41 PM, aberdeen1970 said:

I agree he was unnecessary. 

But we don't know the financial details so it's not clear whether it was expensive or not. 

All our loan signings have been expensive mistakes regardless of how much/little it has cost us. Every single one of them. Not just the loanees either.

7 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

Personally, I wouldn't want to see us sell any of Hedges, Ferguson or Ramsay in January. I have little faith we could source a decent replacement for any of them especially not in January.

I’d sell hedges providing it’s a decent amount we get. 500k minimum. But would be very worried about replacements especially when Samuels was seemingly Mowbray’s recommendation. Pressure is really on him to deliver a respectable  success rate. Apparently he did a lot of scouting in Europe so hopeful we tap into that and don’t continue with picking up players from lower leagues of England.

2 hours ago, Simosmashed my knee said:

Glass said: "I think we had a good window. There was a lot of people who obviously left at the end of May as their contracts expired. There was a huge turnaround.

Now getting worried about the future of AFC.........did he really think we had a good window? A lot of money spunked on Longstaff, Samuels, Jenks, Gurr etc  Totally delusional

So glass thinks he had a good window.?????????????    Then he needs to get his GLASS eyes replaced with ones that have binoculars. 

• Haha 1

I have no confidence that we have a manager or system that can spot a player nor indeed ability to recognise the type of differing players that are needed.

If Glass thinks we have had a good window I fear for what a poor window might look like.

I hope to be proved wrong.

6 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

Personally, I wouldn't want to see us sell any of Hedges, Ferguson or Ramsay in January. I have little faith we could source a decent replacement for any of them especially not in January.

The only way we should even consider selling Ramsay in January is with an £10 million price tag and an 18 month loan back

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

Jeandro Fuchs and Tony Watt are both out of contract at the end of the season. 

Either worth a look at?

Seen Fuchs had been linked with clubs down south so doubt we'd be able to compete with the finances on offer.

Wouldn't mind us going for Watt, seems to finally have found his feet