January 2022 transfer window

I'd like to see both Campbell and McLennan get some game time by going out on loan. Did Scott Wright wonders going out on loan to Dundee a few years ago.

McGinn is my favourite player (arguably our best player) over the last 20 years. I can't see him leaving in January. He'll likely become part of the backroom staff at the end of the season.

Kennedy and Devlin will likely be given time to be assessed during January. Gallagher won't be loaned out. Wouldn't be surprised to see Samuels join Longstaff on the way out. Fully anticipate Hedges to be sold.

I'd like to see us sign an attacking mid, a striker and a winger.

• Upvote 1

On 12/21/2021 at 9:20 PM, Redtaz2 said:

The boy Hamilton from Hamilton , I think he is a good prospect and would like to see him being signed 

however maybe our head of recruitment has better options for us 

a Michael hector would be good 

I think we would be interested if he was available for free but Hamilton would be due quite a considerable amount of compensation so not convinced we will be moving for him unless Hamilton substantially reduce what they are looking for. 

2 hours ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

I think we would be interested if he was available for free but Hamilton would be due quite a considerable amount of compensation so not convinced we will be moving for him unless Hamilton substantially reduce what they are looking for. 

He's out of contract in the summer. On Hamilton wages. He wouldn't break the bank

BUT

As I've said before....he's very undersized for a modern day central defender. He also had a problem back in November where he had to be substituted in a match suffering chest pains. He missed a few matches thereafter whilst he underwent tests to establish the cause. He's now back in their side so presumably he's had the all clear although I can't see anywhere that Accies or the player himself say what was actually found.

I also think it's significant that no one has taken a chance on him (love Abba) to date. I think Hamilton were looking at a fee that would have ruled out every Scottish club outwith the arse cheeks when he was doing well this time last year...but it would have been peanuts to an English Championship club and even a few EFL1 sides.

On 12/23/2021 at 7:38 PM, Ten Caat said:

He's out of contract in the summer. On Hamilton wages. He wouldn't break the bank

BUT

As I've said before....he's very undersized for a modern day central defender. He also had a problem back in November where he had to be substituted in a match suffering chest pains. He missed a few matches thereafter whilst he underwent tests to establish the cause. He's now back in their side so presumably he's had the all clear although I can't see anywhere that Accies or the player himself say what was actually found.

I also think it's significant that no one has taken a chance on him (love Abba) to date. I think Hamilton were looking at a fee that would have ruled out every Scottish club outwith the arse cheeks when he was doing well this time last year...but it would have been peanuts to an English Championship club and even a few EFL1 sides.

Seen Hamilton play with Scotland 19s with Dean Campbell. He’s at least 6’2” and can play left or right side.

I recall his first time playing us at home he was left side CB, think he was 17 at the time. decent player, good pace, quick feet and comfortable on the ball. Huge potential to develop and sell on for a profit down the line 

1 hour ago, Redman said:

Seen Hamilton play with Scotland 19s with Dean Campbell. He’s at least 6’2” and can play left or right side.

I recall his first time playing us at home he was left side CB, think he was 17 at the time. decent player, good pace, quick feet and comfortable on the ball. Huge potential to develop and sell on for a profit down the line 

He's 5'11. Heres a pic of him standing next to Aaron Martin. listed at 6'3

0_Hamilton-Academical-v-Motherwell-Ladbr

41 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

He's 5'11. Heres a pic of him standing next to Aaron Martin. listed at 6'3

0_Hamilton-Academical-v-Motherwell-Ladbr

He’s listed as 188cm on transfermarkt which is 6’2. Seen a photo of him against Nouble of Arbroath who’s 6’4” and not much difference in height.

Realistically don’t think he’ll be in our plans anyway as accies will want to much money for him 

Just now, Bournemouth Gee said:

Jamie McGrath????

They appear confident they are going to have a big January transfer window and that they have money to spend. For a club that was begging for the season to be cut short last campaign due to financial losses, I can't believe they have the capital to fund both Watts and McGrath especially with Aberdeen and Hibs supposedly highly interested.