January 2022 transfer window

7 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Club apparently offering a pre-contract to Graeme Shinnie next month. Thoughts? Personally would love him back but he'll have big offers from down south. But with Longstaff already gone, Ferguson likely away in Summer at the latest and McGeouch and Ojo out of contract in the summer it wouldn't be the worst move if we could somehow pull it off

It's a no from me. 

Good captain and effective box to box midfielder at this level but none of the others who have came back the wrong side of 30 have done as well as their first spells,and probably shouldn't be expected to in reality.

So on that basis I think we should be looking for the next up and coming midfielder rather than turning back the clock. 

Nae sure he'll have the big offers that you think down south but will get a gig in Scotland nae bother at all. 

• Upvote 2
8 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Club apparently offering a pre-contract to Graeme Shinnie next month. Thoughts? Personally would love him back but he'll have big offers from down south. But with Longstaff already gone, Ferguson likely away in Summer at the latest and McGeouch and Ojo out of contract in the summer it wouldn't be the worst move if we could somehow pull it off

I don't know how I feel about this. On one hand, he was excellent first time round, but how many returning players turn out to be a bit of a disappointment and tarnish their legacy. On the other hand, I would hate to see him a the likes of hibs or hearts, where I could see him being a real success. 

6 minutes ago, don corleone said:

I don't know how I feel about this. On one hand, he was excellent first time round, but how many returning players turn out to be a bit of a disappointment and tarnish their legacy. On the other hand, I would hate to see him a the likes of hibs or hearts, where I could see him being a real success. 

I can't disagree on any of those points. But how i'd hate to see him at any other team up here. Imagine Brown and Shinnie in the same midfield? Refs would need to carry a fucking notepad for all the bookings we'd be getting. 

Would love Shinnie back. We need more leaders, Sunday showed that, without the big crowd there, we toiled against a team we should make light work of. 

If it wasn't for Dundee keeper being a flapper, we'd have had a really disappointing draw. No Brown and there's a real lack of leadership. 

You always need bastards in your side, we've got Brown at the minute but no other cunt. 

Shinnie will get a championship club offer for another 2 years before he considers coming back to Scotland. 

47 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Fits right in with the 'prawcess' we've introduced...

greg Stewart next?

On 12/27/2021 at 12:37 PM, shooftahmooftah said:

I’d be surprised if glass can attract 3 decent players or 6 half decent players to sign for the dons in January , he failed last time.  Exept for Brown. 

I think its a no brainer if possible but we were promised youthful signings but most of our summer signings  that have actually made a decent impact are 30 or older. 

47 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

I’d take him back. He’s only just turned 30 so not that old, think he would be like brown has this season and him and brown together even for a season would be very good. 

52 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

The person who tweeted it is an attention seeking whore. Full of shit.

But to play along, I’d be against it. 

Attitude is spot on, but he’s actually quite limited. Spent a lot of the time chasing & tackling back after he’d given the ball away.

We need to reduce the age of the squad 

3 minutes ago, thurso said:

I’d take him back. He’s only just turned 30 so not that old, think he would be like brown has this season and him and brown together even for a season would be very good. 

Aye he'd walk into the team just now. No problem at all. 

But the issue with these signings is that he'll probably get a 3 year deal to entice him back.  So inevitably in 2 years time he'll be getting stick for being a 'wage thief' like McGinn, Logan and now Hayes got once his powers start to wane. 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye he'd walk into the team just now. No problem at all. 

But the issue with these signings is that he'll probably get a 3 year deal to entice him back.  So inevitably in 2 years time he'll be getting stick for being a 'wage thief' like McGinn, Logan and now Hayes got once his powers start to wane. 

I think he’s a different type to them tho. Their biggest asset on a football pitch was their speed, when that goes they are limited.
Shinnie could be like brown, play for longer by keeping himself fit sit back and read the game. 

7 minutes ago, thurso said:

I think he’s a different type to them tho. Their biggest asset on a football pitch was their speed, when that goes they are limited.
Shinnie could be like brown, play for longer by keeping himself fit sit back and read the game. 

Shinnie's biggest attributes are also physical though. His stamina and ability to run up and down the park all day. It's not like he's a highly technical player. 

53 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The person who tweeted it is an attention seeking whore. Full of shit.

But to play along, I’d be against it. 

Attitude is spot on, but he’s actually quite limited. Spent a lot of the time chasing & tackling back after he’d given the ball away.

We need to reduce the age of the squad 

More than likely and he blocked me months ago so picked it up from the ABZ football podcast feed.