January 2022 transfer window

16 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Is there any decent Canadian players?

Well the standard of Canadian football is increasing at a steady rate. Just look at how well the national team is doing in the World Cup qualifying. Your not going to believe me but the style of football the national team is playing is similar what Glass is striving for i.e building up from the back, possession based and attacking. 

1 minute ago, super_al said:

Well the standard of Canadian football is increasing at a steady rate. Just look at how well the national team is doing in the World Cup qualifying. Your not going to believe me but the style of football the national team is playing is similar what Glass is striving for i.e building up from the back, possession based and attacking. 

North America is indeed on the rise. 

17 minutes ago, super_al said:

Sorry al….you didn’t name names?

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Sorry al….you didn’t name names?

Alphonso davies is 1 of the best left backs in the world. Jonathon David joined Lille for 25m in summer. Quite a few players playing in MLS and a handful playing for clubs like Besiktas, Genk, club Brugge, Basel etc. definitely on the rise 

• Upvote 2
47 minutes ago, super_al said:

No I was just talking in general.

None of the Canadian players spring to mind. I was just interested to see if it was a market we could do well in (a Canadian international). We definitely need to broaden our horizons so I am open to signing players away from the usual Scottish and uk dross.

26 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

None of the Canadian players spring to mind. I was just interested to see if it was a market we could do well in (a Canadian international). We definitely need to broaden our horizons so I am open to signing players away from the usual Scottish and uk dross.

Scott Arfield's a canadian international. Shall we sign him? ?. We should be looking at Scandinavia for some "talent". Hearts joining Celtic in raiding the sushi league. Need to step away from the UK market as everyone is trying to sign the same players driving up the prices of bang average players. 

Calvin Ramsay is worth more than £4,000,000. I'd start with 10, but if we're being realistic 7+ significant add ons is what we should be going for. 

The club has to be strong here. 

Calvin Ramsay is worth more than £4,000,000. I'd start with 10, but if we're being realistic 7+ significant add ons is what we should be going for. 

4 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

We've never sold anyone for 4m upfront before so I doubt we will be asking for 7-10m. I think 4-6 is fair with sell ons. 

40 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Agreed! We need to hold out here and take what we deserve. Nine of the 3m and adds on bollocks. If he played in England he would be 20m player. 

How much will glass get to spend I wonder. 

1 hour ago, Durrant Dived said:

We've never sold anyone for 4m upfront before so I doubt we will be asking for 7-10m. I think 4-6 is fair with sell ons. 

We’ve also never been in the situation where several teams from the loaded EPL have been looking at our prized asset who has years left on his contract.

Aberdeen hold all the cards here and can set a price and at least one of the clubs who have shown interest will cough up. 

He would also going by my quick search  meet the criteria for homegrown EPL player due to his age which also plays into Aberdeen’s hands.

I’d be asking for a minimum of 8m plus add ons

• Upvote 2
32 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

We’ve also never been in the situation where several teams from the loaded EPL have been looking at our prized asset who has years left on his contract.

Aberdeen hold all the cards here and can set a price and at least one of the clubs who have shown interest will cough up. 

He would also going by my quick search  meet the criteria for homegrown EPL player due to his age which also plays into Aberdeen’s hands.

Great post. How many teams were after Jess, or Archibald? Strachan? 2 or maybe 3 max?

Same with McKenna and (laughably) Cosgrove, maybe only one team after those 2

Okay, we don’t know for sure how many teams were actually after Jess or Archibald but these things normally come out in the midst of time. Not many

This is different. Multiple teams are after Ramsay and not diddy teams either. We can force the price up, to whatever we want. Sellers market 

33 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

I hope i'm proven wrong we do ask for that and end up with a remarkable fee. Hypothetically though, In 12 months time would you sell the next graduate to come through this summer for 4m after less than a full season of first team football? I'm guessing the answer would be yes, we would, which is also the case with Ramsay. 

9 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

I hope i'm proven wrong we do ask for that and end up with a remarkable fee. Hypothetically though, In 12 months time would you sell the next graduate to come through this summer for 4m after less than a full season of first team football? I'm guessing the answer would be yes, we would, which is also the case with Ramsay. 

That would depend on several things, the amount of teams after him, who and where those teams play and what position he plays. 

Say the player was McKenzie, I know he doesn’t fit the criteria and two championship teams wanted him and were willing to pay 4m plus sell on, yes I would accept.

If on the other hand the next player had the talent of Ramsay, multiple EPL teams watching him, giving glowing reports and was say a striker, I’d be expecting at least 8m plus sell on.

Set a precedent that the club will not rollover to EPL teams and sell low.