January 2022 transfer window

2 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Would like to know who it was that suggested those three loans (Jenks, Samuels & Longstaff) & hope he has no fkn say in future loans as his judgment has been atrocious. Will potentially have raised a few red flags with other clubs considering Aberdeen. 

no more Maddison’s for us in near future 

We can blame Russ Richardson 

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

People saying Mowbray wasn’t part of those deals, cos he wasn’t in the door then, need to look at his start date at AFC.

And even if it was only a matter of weeks beforehand, he should have already had a dossier of potential players that Aberdeen might want, in every position 

I think it’s easier blaming it on previous regime. But I agree with you. As soon as he was sounded out and deal verbally done he would of been recommending players even if he wasn’t officially working for club. But they always say they work a window a head so hoping he had nothing to do with it or it dosnt look good! 

It can’t be a difficult job finding players for a club. That and being a football agent must be the easiest gigs going. Some clubs will believe any crap you tell them regarding players especially if they have trained with a big league club. If Mowbray doesn’t produce the goods I will personally step in once Davie Cormack gets in touch. 

52 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Big news coming out of Pittodrie in the next few weeks. Surprises galore. This is more like it folks.

If it’s in the next few weeks.  The statement will be ! We tried to offload the dross, but were unsuccessful. We tried to sign the players we had targeted but we were just not quick enough and were beaten to their signatures by “Buckie Thistle.”

8 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Connor Barron has been recalled from his loan at Kelty Hearts 

Hopefully plugging the gaps of the 3 loanees heading back south. I’d expect 2 or 3 more of our youngsters to get recalled too; maybe Nygenya and Hanratty.

Mistakes from the summer being corrected? Let’s hope that trend continues 

11 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Hopefully plugging the gaps of the 3 loanees heading back south. I’d expect 2 or 3 more of our youngsters to get recalled too; maybe Nygenya and Hanratty.

Mistakes from the summer being corrected? Let’s hope that trend continues 

If Barron is back as a replacement for Longstaff there’s barely any point in recalling him.

• Haha 1