January 2022 transfer window

31 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Out…Jenks, Longstaff, Gurr, Samuels, Ferguson (sold) Hedges (sold) Surprise (moved on with a possibility of money brought in)

In…McGrath, new striker(s), a real game changer (no10) a winger who can cross a ball and a replacement for the surprise player leaving.

It would be great if Ramsay signed a new deal, Devlin fully fit with the 18month deal fully concluded and Campbell and McLennan put on loan for their own good.

McGrath will be don by sounds of things. Ramsey definitely been offered a new deal. Absolutely no idea about any of the rest. 

2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

A deep lying playmaker.

Decent passer, set piece taker. 

Small lad, about 5’7” maybe? 

Cheers - I remember hearing about him a couple years ago, but all went quiet the last season or two. I used to like watching the U20s match highlights on RedTV - it's a pity they stopped that. Not sure why.

27 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Cheers - I remember hearing about him a couple years ago, but all went quiet the last season or two. I used to like watching the U20s match highlights on RedTV - it's a pity they stopped that. Not sure why.

The u-20’s don’t have a league now? 

it’s U-18’s only.

Miat of the lads older than that are loaned out to lower league clubs. 

6 hours ago, RED_JOHN said:

Out…Jenks, Longstaff, Gurr, Samuels, Ferguson (sold) Hedges (sold) Surprise (moved on with a possibility of money brought in)

In…McGrath, new striker(s), a real game changer (no10) a winger who can cross a ball and a replacement for the surprise player leaving.

It would be great if Ramsay signed a new deal, Devlin fully fit with the 18month deal fully concluded and Campbell and McLennan put on loan for their own good.

I'll bite. Joe Lewis. 

7 hours ago, RED_JOHN said:

I was the first one that broke the news about Devlin signing a new contract and how long for….have a look back. 

I don’t need the Samaritans but thanks for any concerns you may have but as you well know they are misguided and mostly likely in hope. 

As top poster I can decide who should go to the introduction section and be subjected to a few welcome questions. 

Don’t threaten me with a block either as I will have to deem you  :gay: which under the current circumstances would most likely be apt as your hissy fit has done you no favours. 

Here is a few questions for you…..

1…Does your mother know that you take drugs and that you are on the edge of a nervous breakdown?

2…Does your next door neighbour always possess more wealth than you?

3…Have you thought about less time in the toilet?

About Devlin signing a 6 month deal, it's hardly top notch breaking news sweet cheeks. Can hardly say it's going to be an amazing transfer window off the back of that can you? What a fud

6 hours ago, YipYip1903 said:

About Devlin signing a 6 month deal, it's hardly top notch breaking news sweet cheeks. Can hardly say it's going to be an amazing transfer window off the back of that can you? What a fud

I was leaning towards what will happen during this transfer window. What happens with Mikey Devlin is not going to make or break our transfer window. The lad getting fully fit is priority so he can sign the 18 month deal put to him. He is extremely well liked by the new management team as they like his desire to fully recover and strive to be the best he can for Aberdeen. 
A few setbacks along the way but that is a small part of the fight he has had to fully recover. 
I am looking forward to seeing him play for the Dons again.

• Upvote 2
14 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

What type of midfielder is he? Scott Brown, defensive type? Graeme Shinnie, tackling type? Kenny McLean, passing type? James Maddison, creative type? Teddy Jenks, invisible type?

13 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

A deep lying playmaker.

Decent passer, set piece taker. 

Small lad, about 5’7” maybe? 

A Dylan McGeouch type then.

• Haha 1

A late Happy New Year to you all.

I like the prospect of our youth players filling the loan players place's in the squad.

If they are good enough only time will tell.

Sign, up coming, promising talent from other clubs, with the potential to sell on at a higher price is a sound  business  practice.

• Upvote 3
5 minutes ago, anderson72 said:

A late Happy New Year to you all.

I like the prospect of our youth players filling the loan players place's in the squad.

If they are good enough only time will tell.

Sign, up coming, promising talent from other clubs, with the potential to sell on at a higher price is a sound  business  practice.

Exactly. 

Also, every club who have been successful in playing a high tempo and high pressing game has done it primarily on the back of younger players. 

1 hour ago, RED_JOHN said:

I was leaning towards what will happen during this transfer window. What happens with Mikey Devlin is not going to make or break our transfer window. The lad getting fully fit is priority so he can sign the 18 month deal put to him. He is extremely well liked by the new management team as they like his desire to fully recover and strive to be the best he can for Aberdeen. 
A few setbacks along the way but that is a small part of the fight he has had to fully recover. 
I am looking forward to seeing him play for the Dons again.

Agree with your thoughts but an 18 month deal put to him?

Current contract expires end Jan and no new contract offered as yet. 

Both the club and Mikey are keen for him to stay but waiting on more progress on his recovery.

21 minutes ago, AllyDon said:

Agree with your thoughts but an 18 month deal put to him?

Current contract expires end Jan and no new contract offered as yet. 

Both the club and Mikey are keen for him to stay but waiting on more progress on his recovery.

Once fully fit he will sign an 18 month deal. 
I believe the lad will get fully fit and do well for Aberdeen. The reality of him fearing it was all over has given him the extra incentive to prove that he will make it through the worst of circumstances. Good luck to Devlin….he certainly didn’t have any previously.