January 2022 transfer window

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

McGrath would definitely replace Ferguson. 

Unless folk want us to continue playing 3 or 4 midfielders with almost identical attributes in the team. 

McGrath is more a Kenny McLean type player for me. Unless you think that Ferguson and McLean are the same type of player then he won't replace Ferguson's role in the team. He might actually replace Ferguson in the team but as the don't do the same role then it would be a shift in style. 

5 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

McGrath is more a Kenny McLean type player for me. Unless you think that Ferguson and McLean are the same type of player then he won't replace Ferguson's role in the team. He might actually replace Ferguson in the team but as the don't do the same role then it would be a shift in style. 

Aye a slight shift in style in the midfield is what I mean.  When we had Shinnie, Jack and McLean they were all different types. 

We've got a club full of 'Ferguson type' midfielders already.  No need to keep replacing like for like when we have an overabundance already.  

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye a slight shift in style in the midfield is what I mean.  When we had Shinnie, Jack and McLean they were all different types. 

We've got a club full of 'Ferguson type' midfielders already.  No need to keep replacing like for like when we have an overabundance already.  

We do have a lot of Ferguson type players but none with his quality. I'd like to see the majority of them moved on. The only one i'd keep is McGeouch if we could keep him fit. The most pressing thing this window is to add much more creativity and another striker. McGrath is a start but he's not the whole answer to our creative issues. If we are going to stick with 3 at the back and 2 up front we need a proper recognised no10. Which costs money but if we sell Ferguson for say £4-5m we should be able to sign someone without too much difficulty and bank a good amount of cash. 

28 minutes ago, minijc said:

Taylor had already indicated he was off and we knew Gallagher was available, almost certain it was with McInnes's blessing as we tried to get him in Jan.  The overall decision from Gallagher was made when McInnes was still our manager and Gallagher was wanting it kept quiet in case Motherwell dropped him as he wanted to have every chance of making the Scotland squad.

And all the time a diddy wee fan on a forum was privy to such information. 

Wow well played Sir - top man holding a secret all that time.

14 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Shhhhhh!

Don't burst some people's bubbles they prefer "ITK" tags - bless them. 

There has been multiple transfers broken on here before announced. Looks at Ramirez for example. Everyone thought he was on wind up and then weeks later he's a dons player. You think he just had a guess with that? 

1 hour ago, AyrshireSheep said:

We do have a lot of Ferguson type players but none with his quality. I'd like to see the majority of them moved on. The only one i'd keep is McGeouch if we could keep him fit. The most pressing thing this window is to add much more creativity and another striker. McGrath is a start but he's not the whole answer to our creative issues. If we are going to stick with 3 at the back and 2 up front we need a proper recognised no10. Which costs money but if we sell Ferguson for say £4-5m we should be able to sign someone without too much difficulty and bank a good amount of cash. 

I'll be amazed if we get more than £3 million for Ferguson. 

1 hour ago, slippers said:

There has been multiple transfers broken on here before announced. Looks at Ramirez for example. Everyone thought he was on wind up and then weeks later he's a dons player. You think he just had a guess with that? 

That was me that posted about Ramirez. I don't have any more news. I'm not some mega ITK, just knew the right person who was able to inform me about Ramirez. Same person has told me a couple other things but they're fairly well known - i.e. re McGrath, Hedges & Ferguson.

• Like 2

Yeah that wasn't me, I've had plenty of others but still the haters on here claim I talk shit, it's rather amusing.

18 minutes ago, Alex_14 said:

That was me that posted about Ramirez. I don't have any more news. I'm not some mega ITK, just knew the right person who was able to inform me about Ramirez. Same person has told me a couple other things but they're fairly well known - i.e. re McGrath, Hedges & Ferguson.

An excellent scoop.

I seen about 50 MLS players guessed at on here due to Cormacks US ties, 1 had to get 1 right at some point.

3 minutes ago, bonzodaddy73 said:

I can tell you whoever we get will help help us achieve a distant 3rd at best and more mediocrity for the duration of his contract. Until someone willing to blow millions on players takes over the club that's where we stand.

ITK ?

Wrong mindset, this is why getting the new 'prawcess' working will benefit the club for years.

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The midfield of Shinnie, Jack and McLean was well balanced. Brown and Ferguson are very similar, although Brown doesn't charge up and down as much these days. McGeouch is a bit different I think - better passer and probably better technically but less dynamic and less physical presence (and also continually injured). Campbell is a bit different too - more similar to McGeouch than Ferguson, but very one footed. Ojo is probably the most similar in that he has energy and gets around the park, but he's dire. None of them carry a goal threat. 

If McGeouch could be relied on to stay fit, I'd be happy enough with him alongside Brown, with a more creative player in front of them (like McGrath). I don't think we can rely on him though, so I'd like to see someone brought in as I can't bear the thought of Ojo starting every week.

10 hours ago, Broken_Glass said:

Ferguson is our most consistent performer and has been last season as well. 

Kenny McKean has always been technically superb - even in a poor St Mirren side he stood out comfortably prior to signing for us. The fact he's gone onto bigger and better things should also tell you his abilities. 

Wish McGrath every success if he does indeed want to come and pull on a red shirt. Hopefully finds a level of consistency akin to Ferguson or McLean before him.

6 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

McLean wasn't appreciated by a lot until he left. 

We'll miss Ferguson despite his recent form not being as good as his first two years here. 

Just like we missed McKenna and Shinnie and our other better players who left the club. 

That's why we can't afford many mistakes when it comes to recruitment this time around with Ferguson, Ramsay and Hedges looking likely to be off. 3 of our 4 highest contributors when it comes to goals/assists. 

McLean was notoriously non existent in first half of every season for us except his final season. 
Amazing how short folks memories can be in these things.

36 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Off the top of my head four maybe five at a push he gets along with

Does it matter if the manager "gets along" with his players? As long as there is respect there, isn't that all that's required?

On the contrary, Calderwood and McInnes were at times too chummy with their squads

• Upvote 1