January 2022 transfer window

28 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Does it matter if the manager "gets along" with his players? As long as there is respect there, isn't that all that's required?

On the contrary, Calderwood and McInnes were at times too chummy with their squads

To a degree yes but not all players will be happy and play to the best of their abilities for a manager they don’t get along with. 

There needs to be a middle ground and has Glass done anything to demand the respect of his players. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Does it matter if the manager "gets along" with his players? As long as there is respect there, isn't that all that's required?

On the contrary, Calderwood and McInnes were at times too chummy with their squads

If they’re good enough then no it doesn’t matter. In fact if they’re shite (like Gallagher for example) it’s better they don’t get along because then they get binned soon as they’re not ‘good to have aroond the place’

2 hours ago, AyrshireSheep said:

How many fringe players can we punt to Kilmarnock now that McInnes was there? Reckon we might see him take McGinn there as he's done in the premiership but could do a job still in Championship. I'd be trying to give him McLennan aswell. Campbell maybe head there on loan to try and free up more wages for us to strengthen. 

Kennedy started at killie I think so definately him, Gallagher as well as they haven’t replaced Findlay since moving to America 

Just now, AyrshireSheep said:

The killie fans won't like Kennedy going back there. Gallagher could be a good shout although would he drop down a division? Are Dundee not meant to be interested in him? 

Aye but they might swap leagues with killie by the end of the season, a know they don’t like Kennedy much but the killie fans I know would gladly take him as they have been complaining that they have no pace, and it’s been long enough for most to forget that he cannot cross worth a fuck. That and Bowie will throw a bit of money at it to get out the championship 

24 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Aye but they might swap leagues with killie by the end of the season, a know they don’t like Kennedy much but the killie fans I know would gladly take him as they have been complaining that they have no pace, and it’s been long enough for most to forget that he cannot cross worth a fuck. That and Bowie will throw a bit of money at it to get out the championship 

Aye Bowie will chuck some cash at him. I could maybe see Deano ending up there  i'd be delighted if they took Kennedy off our hands right enough. 

3 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Is Kennedy not being offered as part of the McGrath deal?

Was the last time am sure, but if you were St Mirren, would you buy him?

also he was 5 minutes away from signing for hibs so St Mirren have already shown they don’t want the useless fuck

3 hours ago, AyrshireSheep said:

The killie fans won't like Kennedy going back there. Gallagher could be a good shout although would he drop down a division? Are Dundee not meant to be interested in him? 

Gallagher bides in Dundee does he not? He used to travel down to Motherwell for training every day. That's a journey that would have fucked me off sharpish but he obviously tolerated doing it. Kilmarnock would be even further. 

Foreby that, we'd have to subsidise his wages, no way would Killie pay the full whack.

And we still have to find and sign at least one back up to McCrorie/Bates before we can let him leave (surely to fuck it won't be a further Devlin extension?)

2 hours ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Bologna stepping up their move for Ramsay according to media in Italy. Has to be the best outcome for us surely? Starts off a wee bidding war. It could be the best move for him. Look at Hickey. Ramsay far better now than Hickey was when he went and he's now wanted by AC Milan. 

Some boy called Barry Anderson is claiming on twitter they are "unwilling to meet our asking price of £3.75 million".

Hopefully shite as that's a ridiculously low figure

24 minutes ago, NEM said:

Some boy called Barry Anderson is claiming on twitter they are "unwilling to meet our asking price of £3.75 million".

Hopefully shite as that's a ridiculously low figure

Absolutely nonsense if we have set that price.

Minimum £5m plus add ons.

4 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

You think so? 

Yep. Although his gas station attendants might start asking for raises. Lol. Working with his team in italy and his future usl team in the usa would be better for afc than this silly atl utd partnership.