January 2022 transfer window

15 minutes ago, minijc said:

Tough question, especially on here when everyone seems to think that who we are linked to or sign are shite.

Well I like to give every player benefit of the doubt until I see then play for myself. 

12 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Apparently people on Twitter willing to accept 4 million because it is all about turnover when it comes to transfers.

Huns got that much for Patterson due to the turnover at the club, so we will get 4 million.

I put my phone down and stopped reading.

Sell players for cheap simply because of our turnover. FFS. 

Some people on here think 4 million is about right 

9 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

£4 million is a good figure IF Patterson hadn’t just been sold for a package yesterday could be £16 million. If that’s the standard 4 is not enough and we should wait

If we sold him for £4m i'd be wanting at least 40% as a sell on. The boy is going right to the top and at least then we could still make good money from his future fee  

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, NEM said:

Some boy called Barry Anderson is claiming on twitter they are "unwilling to meet our asking price of £3.75 million".

Hopefully shite as that's a ridiculously low figure

Laughably low figure. If we are looking at under £4m as our asking price then you might as well turn the lights off.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It's almost inevitable that we're going to be disappointed with the fee we get for Ramsay.   Even more so now the Huns have got c£10m for their right back. 

I think we're going to deal a fair bit below the £6-7m initial fee that most folk feel is a reasonable starting point.   If we hold our nerve to get anything more than £5m I'll be very surprised. 

8 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It's almost inevitable that we're going to be disappointed with the fee we get for Ramsay.   Even more so now the Huns have got c£10m for their right back. 

I think we're going to deal a fair bit below the £6-7m initial fee that most folk feel is a reasonable starting point.   If we hold our nerve to get anything more than £5m I'll be very surprised. 

As someone put up on Twitter earlier if we deal at anything like the mental figures quoted online (3.75-4m) then the club really shouldn't ever complain about finances again. Ramsay is like a golden nugget. The sort of player that only ever comes through an academy once every few years. It would be criminal to sell him for that sort of fee. 

Just now, AyrshireSheep said:

As someone put up on Twitter earlier if we deal at anything like the mental figures quoted online (3.75-4m) then the club really shouldn't ever complain about finances again. Ramsay is like a golden nugget. The sort of player that only ever comes through an academy once every few years. It would be criminal to sell him for that sort of fee. 

Aye I agree. He's a once in a generation talent. 

16 minutes ago, super_al said:

Asking price is 4.5 million according to the Italian press.

https://www.tuttobolognaweb.it/news/carlino-ramsay-costa-4-5-milioni-rangers-su-skov-olsen/

Haha

The Scottish club has set the price of his talent at 4.5 million euros. However, Bologna hopes to lower the figure, despite the fact that the player is also liked by many Premier League clubs.

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I could borderline accept 4-5m upfront if it was 8-9m total with add ons and obviously a sell on. Huns are getting 1m for every 50 appearances apparently as a bonus. If it ends up being 3m rising to 4.5m or something the club can get absolutely fucked. Cormack has gave it the big 1 about not selling cheap he will have lost every bit of respect if we don’t get 6m plus.

Just now, slippers said:

I could borderline accept 4-5m upfront if it was 8-9m total with add ons and obviously a sell on. Huns are getting 1m for every 50 appearances apparently as a bonus. If it ends up being 3m rising to 4.5m or something the club can get absolutely fucked. Cormack has gave it the big 1 about not selling cheap he will have lost every bit of respect if we don’t get 6m plus.

Aye. If the bids are at that level we're as well letting him play the second half of the season to hopefully drum up more interest. Clubs tend to have bigger budgets to play with in the summer anyway 

1 hour ago, AyrshireSheep said:

At least we aren't as grim as we were 10 years ago. Must have got about 700k for Grimmer, Fyvie & Fraser combined. Such a shame we only saw Ryan Fraser for about 5 months. He was actually unreal in that half season.

On another note, its all fun everyone naming these big transfer fees. But prepared to be disappointed... wonder what the record fee for an uncapped Scottish footballer in the SPFL is?