January 2022 transfer window

5 minutes ago, bonzodaddy73 said:

The club should lie through it's teeth and say a higher offer has be received and if you want him put in a new bid or fuck off.

Just like the Huns did with Morelos before getting called out by Beijing  guoan for lying?. And that’s with the protection of the Scottish papers, they still got outed as liers, no thanks out of principle (fuck doing what they do)

8 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Just like the Huns did with Morelos before getting called out by Beijing  guoan for lying?. And that’s with the protection of the Scottish papers, they still got outed as liers, no thanks out of principle (fuck doing what they do)

If those hun wankers are stupid enough to name a team that's their problem. We dont have to tell any club anything other than you are no longer highest bidder, you want him bid more.

1 hour ago, RED_JOHN said:

Unfortunately we haven’t received a genuine bid from anyone yet. I don’t want the lad to go and as you say if Cormack has let the press know £4m is acceptable then he has went about it the wrong way. 
It will be interesting to wait until nearer the end of the transfer window especially if English clubs do ask the question about the availability of the player. Bleed them dry should be our thinking…make them pay a huge fee if they want our star player.

We need to bring in a decent RB now anyway so we should just go ahead & do so. No bids that don’t match our valuation of Ramsay & we just play him on RW & I am sure that would please him as it would only boost his stock anyway 

1 minute ago, fine-n-dandy said:

We need to bring in a decent RB now anyway so we should just go ahead & do so. No bids that don’t match our valuation of Ramsay & we just play him on RW & I am sure that would please him as it would only boost his stock anyway 

If we have a genuine young right back lined up as a replacement we should sign the lad straight away. Ramsay would do well at right wing until we sell him. A more advanced role in the team….a bit like Harry Redknapp did with Gareth Bale at Spurs.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, slippers said:

You expect a player that has just turned 18 to have International caps? I wouldn't hold that against him at his age. 

I would expect a player to have caps if we are thinking we are getting 8+ million for him yes. Not to be kept out the team by Stephen o donnell. 

look I hope we take in the big bucks too - I’m just saying I don’t expect it to happen as there is nothing to base that on

2 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I would expect a player to have caps if we are thinking we are getting 8+ million for him yes. Not to be kept out the team by Stephen o donnell. 

look I hope we take in the big bucks too - I’m just saying I don’t expect it to happen as there is nothing to base that on

How many caps did McBurnie have when he was sold first for £m’s

• Upvote 1
32 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Patterson is kept out of the big games in favour of O'Donnell. Every major game Clarke has had as Scotland manager O'Donnell has been the RB. And he couldn-/ even get a gig in England ?. Unfortunately playing for those cheeks attracts a price no-one else can. If Ramsay played for them there's not a chance £4m would be quoted. And that's where the club needs to get a bit of a backbone. We won't get the £10-12m they got for Patterson but there's no doubt he's worth more than £4m. 

1 minute ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I da ken but I said Scottish and playing in spfl and he’s neither

teams in championship will sell players for more cause it’s a better league with more money in it than the spfl

Sad, but true.

The key maybe to maximise the add ons, especially a percentage of any sell on fee.

20% of a £15m fee in 2/3 years time is another £3m on top of whatever we get now, but it’s obviously a bit speculative & a gamble that he’ll continue to progress. 

5 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Sad, but true.

The key maybe to maximise the add ons, especially a percentage of any sell on fee.

20% of a £15m fee in 2/3 years time is another £3m on top of whatever we get now, but it’s obviously a bit speculative & a gamble that he’ll continue to progress. 

Sell on fee might become a hindrance wherever he goes too. I wonder if Bournemouth would have sold Fraser when he had a year left on his deal but it wasn’t worth the money knowing they’d have to give 20% to Aberdeen 

fuck knows

1 minute ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Sell on fee might become a hindrance wherever he goes too. I wonder if Bournemouth would have sold Fraser when he had a year left on his deal but it wasn’t worth the money knowing they’d have to give 20% to Aberdeen 

fuck knows

They supposedly wanted 30m for him and Arsenal going from memory were only willing to go to 15-20m. Fraser wanted to go but Bournemouth rejected the offer thinking him keeping them up was worth more.

That worked out well for them didn’t it ?

Stupid cunts should’ve taken the money and just coughed up the 20%

5 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

They supposedly wanted 30m for him and Arsenal going from memory were only willing to go to 15-20m. Fraser wanted to go but Bournemouth rejected the offer thinking him keeping them up was worth more.

That worked out well for them didn’t it ?

Stupid cunts should’ve taken the money and just coughed up the 20%

I guess they wanted to keep him for the relegation battle…. Which he walked out on anyway

Must be awkward with him and Howe at Newcastle now! Although he seems to be playing 

4 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I guess they wanted to keep him for the relegation battle…. Which he walked out on anyway

Must be awkward with him and Howe at Newcastle now! Although he seems to be playing 

He was one of the reasons for the relegation battle, he went so far off the boil and then as you said walked out.

Wouldn’t be surprised if him playing was out of necessity and he vanishes come the end of January when the money hungry mercenaries rock up

14 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/8241037/dundee-united-aberdeen-battle-zander-clark/

Zander Clark story has made the papers. United in for him too they say.

Don't know how to feel about it. He won't come here to sit on the bench and the article says to replace Joe. Not convinced he's an upgrade on an on form Joe Lewis. Ok Joe certainly hasn-/ been at his best for a lot of this season but a lot of that also down to the shambles in front of him. Think i'd rather Joe stayed. And that's not even taking into account he looks like he's come straight out of an Amish community with this hideous fucking beard ?

2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

What you don’t mention is that allegedly two English Championship clubs are in for him too.

That would blow Dons & Dundee Utd out the water. 

Maybe.

If they were Peterborough and Barnsley then maybe not (I'd probably include Blackpool and Luton in there too)

But even utter shite like Millwall and Bristol City would certainly see off anyone in Scotland pay wise outwith the arse cheeks 

3 hours ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/8241037/dundee-united-aberdeen-battle-zander-clark/

Zander Clark story has made the papers. United in for him too they say.

So this would mean that both us & Utd are selling our current keepers ?

One good thing for sure is it gives us another club in Scotland to offload some shite players to as makeweights to get another player in ahead of pre contract 

5 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

So this would mean that both us & Utd are selling our current keepers ?

One good thing for sure is it gives us another club in Scotland to offload some shite players to as makeweights to get another player in ahead of pre contract 

Lewis spat the dummy out when Brown was obviously made the captain. The club tried to disguise this but it affected Lewis and he didn’t adapt well to the situation. His performance levels dipped dramatically and he was subsequently dropped for a very short period until he put more effort into his training and showed a better attitude. Currently playing better but I suppose there is doubt in the management’s mind that he isn’t what they thought he would be. 

• Like 2

He's good at corners scoring against huns & saving penalties against them ?

I didn't realise how old he was, I thought he was 24/25 as well.

Is he an improvement on Lewis? 

I don't know, but I'm happy to go with it.

2 hours ago, RED_JOHN said:

Lewis spat the dummy out when Brown was obviously made the captain. The club tried to disguise this but it affected Lewis and he didn’t adapt well to the situation. His performance levels dipped dramatically and he was subsequently dropped for a very short period until he put more effort into his training and showed a better attitude. Currently playing better but I suppose there is doubt in the management’s mind that he isn’t what they thought he would be. 

What a lot of rubbish. Joe Lewis did suffer from a loss of form, but if you do actually have inside info, you will know the reason for that, nothing to do with what you have stated.

AFC management are looking to replace Joe as they feel he is a weakness wit the ball at his feet. End of.

It will cost a lot of money to move JL on, given his contract situation.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
19 hours ago, slippers said:

I could borderline accept 4-5m upfront if it was 8-9m total with add ons and obviously a sell on. Huns are getting 1m for every 50 appearances apparently as a bonus. If it ends up being 3m rising to 4.5m or something the club can get absolutely fucked. Cormack has gave it the big 1 about not selling cheap he will have lost every bit of respect if we don’t get 6m plus.

That 1m every appearance was tweeted by AgentScotland - the biggest moron on Twitter - and swiftly rubbished by Patterson's agent on twitter publicly. 

• Upvote 1