January 2022 transfer window

36 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Is he an improvement on Joe Lewis though? Once we sign him I am sure we will find out soon enough.

Personally I do not think he is an upgrade on Joe Lewis at all, I would have Lewis between the sticks every day of the week ahead of Zander Clark.
Even a slightly under par, off the boil Joe Lewis is a better keeper than Clark, in my opinion.

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, RED_JOHN said:

Lewis spat the dummy out when Brown was obviously made the captain. The club tried to disguise this but it affected Lewis and he didn’t adapt well to the situation. His performance levels dipped dramatically and he was subsequently dropped for a very short period until he put more effort into his training and showed a better attitude. Currently playing better but I suppose there is doubt in the management’s mind that he isn’t what they thought he would be. 

I am more of a viewer here but feel I need to point out that his is complete and utter rubbish and is just completely untrue. He was out of form but nothing to do with Brown coming in and was quite happy to hand that duty over.

This aside, I would question if Clark is an upgrade and if goalkeeper is really a position that needs urgent attention. His kicking may not be amazing but his main job is to keep it out which in general he does quite well. I would rather see us concentrating our efforts higher up the pitch.

• Upvote 2
47 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Presuming Clark is a good bit cheaper than Lewis and we collect a very chunky fee for Lewis then why not.

If we have no plans to move Lewis on then there is no point.

He's 35 this year. Keepers can obviously play on but no chance of getting decent dough for him.

If we did sign Clark he would be on less money than Lewis but still no huge savings.

I'm not 100% convinced Clark is better than Lewis anyway and this talk might give Joe a boot up the erse again. 

30 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

That 1m every appearance was tweeted by AgentScotland - the biggest moron on Twitter - and swiftly rubbished by Patterson's agent on twitter publicly. 

Have Everton confirmed any details yet? Would be far more inclined to believe them than anything the Huns are claiming.

58 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Presuming Clark is a good bit cheaper than Lewis and we collect a very chunky fee for Lewis then why not.

If we have no plans to move Lewis on then there is no point.

Out of form the last 2 or 3 years and 34, can't see anyone paying a very chunky fee.

36 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

That 1m every appearance was tweeted by AgentScotland - the biggest moron on Twitter - and swiftly rubbished by Patterson's agent on twitter publicly. 

I deleted twitter a couple years ago but have to hand it to that guy... literally just some guy sitting in his house making stuff up but it all gets taken as gospel and even makes its way to the media sometimes

27 minutes ago, VandeVen7 said:

I am more of a viewer here but feel I need to point out that his is complete and utter rubbish and is just completely untrue. He was out of form but nothing to do with Brown coming in and was quite happy to hand that duty over.

This aside, I would question if Clark is an upgrade and if goalkeeper is really a position that needs urgent attention. His kicking may not be amazing but his main job is to keep it out which in general he does quite well. I would rather see us concentrating our efforts higher up the pitch.

Hi Joe

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, mainstandmoan said:

What a lot of rubbish. Joe Lewis did suffer from a loss of form, but if you do actually have inside info, you will know the reason for that, nothing to do with what you have stated.

AFC management are looking to replace Joe as they feel he is a weakness wit the ball at his feet. End of.

It will cost a lot of money to move JL on, given his contract situation.

I'd have to question whether Clark is any better with the ball at his feet aswell. For me Joe is the least of our worries. I worry about the AFC management if they want to splash a hefty wedge on a position that isn't as crucial as other areas that are blatantly obvious to the rest of us. Lewis is settled in Aberdeen so unless there are personal reasons that might mean he wants to go back to Norfolk then i'd rather we kept him.  

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

He's 35 this year. Keepers can obviously play on but no chance of getting decent dough for him.

If we did sign Clark he would be on less money than Lewis but still no huge savings.

I'm not 100% convinced Clark is better than Lewis anyway and this talk might give Joe a boot up the erse again. 

I don’t think JL is the type of character who gets motivated like that. Quite the opposite.

Joe has been a great player at this club for the majority of his time, and his form suffered when his confidence took a hit. He needs an arm round him, not a bollocking.

In addition, Joe was randomly played as a striker for England under-21s, so he must have some technical ability. It would seem ludicrous that our “coaches” feel it’s best for the club to spend money in an area that could easily be improved with decent coaching. Look at what happened with Craig Gordon at Celtic - same rubbish, lazy assessment of his abilities, and they ended up getting into a right mess with keepers who couldn’t save OR kick.

Zander is a good player, but any talk of JL being discarded due to his kicking or having the ball-at-feet should be questioned.

26 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Have Everton confirmed any details yet? Would be far more inclined to believe them than anything the Huns are claiming.

No but either have the huns. The players actually agent shot down 5 of the 6 facts posted by Agent Scotland. I'd believe him over both clubs  

23 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Siegrist contract is up at the end of the season as well. Can’t say I’ve paid any attention to him but would he be an upgrade on Lewis. 

Actually a few months older than Clarke, turns 30 at the end of this month. I agree he'd be an upgrade on Lewis. Apparently changed his agent a couple of months back....just wonder if he already knows where he is headed in the summer

13 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

I'd have to question whether Clark is any better with the ball at his feet aswell. For me Joe is the least of our worries. I worry about the AFC management if they want to splash a hefty wedge on a position that isn't as crucial as other areas that are blatantly obvious to the rest of us. Lewis is settled in Aberdeen so unless there are personal reasons that might mean he wants to go back to Norfolk then i'd rather we kept him.  

You need not question about Clark's ability with the ball at his feet being better than Lewis'. He is light years ahead of Joe in that department.

Mind you, there are plenty 10 year old loons cutting about who are also light years ahead of Lewis with a ball at their feet. 

1 hour ago, blowupsheep said:

Personally I do not think he is an upgrade on Joe Lewis at all, I would have Lewis between the sticks every day of the week ahead of Zander Clark.
Even a slightly under par, off the boil Joe Lewis is a better keeper than Clark, in my opinion.

I can’t say I am overly enthusiastic about us signing Zander Clark either pal. We should be more concerned about the other end of the pitch. The guy at Dundee United looks better and we should try and capture him if we are looking to replace big huffy Joe. 

1 hour ago, mainstandmoan said:

What a lot of rubbish. Joe Lewis did suffer from a loss of form, but if you do actually have inside info, you will know the reason for that, nothing to do with what you have stated.

AFC management are looking to replace Joe as they feel he is a weakness wit the ball at his feet. End of.

It will cost a lot of money to move JL on, given his contract situation.

I can only go on the information Stewart Milne and Craig Brown tell me. If they both say Joe Lewis has spat the dummy out who am I to disagree with them over such trivial matters. 
My inside information is as always spot on….I won’t reveal my sources though.  :nono:

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, blowupsheep said:

I think he's better than Woods but not as good as Lewis. 

Probably a lot cheaper than Lewis though 

1 hour ago, 1983 said:

I don’t think JL is the type of character who gets motivated like that. Quite the opposite.

Joe has been a great player at this club for the majority of his time, and his form suffered when his confidence took a hit. He needs an arm round him, not a bollocking.

In addition, Joe was randomly played as a striker for England under-21s, so he must have some technical ability. It would seem ludicrous that our “coaches” feel it’s best for the club to spend money in an area that could easily be improved with decent coaching. Look at what happened with Craig Gordon at Celtic - same rubbish, lazy assessment of his abilities, and they ended up getting into a right mess with keepers who couldn’t save OR kick.

Zander is a good player, but any talk of JL being discarded due to his kicking or having the ball-at-feet should be questioned.

Oh no he doesn't.....

https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/england-u21-boss-pearce-explains-playing-keeper-lewis-striker-249496

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Siegrist is better than Gordon imo. We'd be better just going for him if he's available.  Is he younger than Clark too?

No hes 30 at the end of the month

Clark doesn't turn 30 until late June.

As I said further up.....I think Siegrist already knows where he is headed next.

With the new system and style of football we want to play, having a goalkeeper with excellent distribution is vital. Joe Lewis does not have this and I am surprised it has taken this long to be addressed (excluding the large wage and contract length that Joe is currently on).

As a side note I have often thought this season that Lewis based on recent performances is one of the weaker goalkeepers in the league. The stats (data) show that most on the time we have a shot in target against us, we concede.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, super_al said:

With the new system and style of football we want to play, having a goalkeeper with excellent distribution is vital. Joe Lewis does not have this and I am surprised it has taken this long to be addressed (excluding the large wage and contract length that Joe is currently on).

As a side note I have often thought this season that Lewis based on recent performances is one of the weaker goalkeepers in the league. The stats (data) show that most on the time we have a shot in target against us, we concede.

I think that is more a reflection of some horrible defending.  However can remember at least one or two goals that younger joe would have saved.  Never meant to be the corner piece from a build from the back we deploy today.  You could really see the difference when backup filled in for a spell