January 2022 transfer window

7 hours ago, RED_JOHN said:

I can only go on the information Stewart Milne and Craig Brown tell me. If they both say Joe Lewis has spat the dummy out who am I to disagree with them over such trivial matters. 
My inside information is as always spot on….I won’t reveal my sources though.  :nono:

Spat the dummy my ass. Whoever told you that has no idea, and Stewart in particular never whispers a word about anything to anyone to do with the players.

7 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Dundee United are delighted to announce the signing, subject to work permit, of Finland international goalkeeper Carljohan Eriksson on a two-and-a-half-year deal. The goalkeeper who joins as a free agent after leaving Swedish top division side Mjallby AIF. 

I thought Eriksson had a bad ticker?

6 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Dundee United are delighted to announce the signing, subject to work permit, of Finland international goalkeeper Carljohan Eriksson on a two-and-a-half-year deal. The goalkeeper who joins as a free agent after leaving Swedish top division side Mjallby AIF. 

You insinuating about Zander Clark & the Dons?

Bear in mind, Carson has left Dundee Utd & Siegrist will do in the summer. 

They need two keepers. 

10 hours ago, Betty Swallicks said:

He's 35 this year. Keepers can obviously play on but no chance of getting decent dough for him.

If we did sign Clark he would be on less money than Lewis but still no huge savings.

I'm not 100% convinced Clark is better than Lewis anyway and this talk might give Joe a boot up the erse again. 

10 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Out of form the last 2 or 3 years and 34, can't see anyone paying a very chunky fee.

I deleted twitter a couple years ago but have to hand it to that guy... literally just some guy sitting in his house making stuff up but it all gets taken as gospel and even makes its way to the media sometimes

Hi Joe

I'd be saying that £500k upwards is a chunky fee. That's my shout, and if we can't pull that off i'm willing to let zander clark go by and run down more of Woods/Lewis contracts

3 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I'd be saying that £500k upwards is a chunky fee. That's my shout, and if we can't pull that off i'm willing to let zander clark go by and run down more of Woods/Lewis contracts

Our goalkeepers may well be shite but i'd need some convincing that its one of our 5 biggest problems

• Upvote 1

It’s really interesting to see our club step up the gears at the start of the transfer market. Since there seems to be very little interest in actually purchasing our players can we advertise them using a new marketing ploy so we can generate funds for Gunn to decide who to employ for our team. Glass will do his best with whoever is thrown his way. 
The player trade system we were hoping to use has backfired. Even St.Mirren aren’t keen to do a deal. 
It’s great having all these super rich guys on the board of our club acting very similar to a committee board at your local bowling club.

9 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

It’s really interesting to see our club step up the gears at the start of the transfer market. Since there seems to be very little interest in actually purchasing our players can we advertise them using a new marketing ploy so we can generate funds for Gunn to decide who to employ for our team. Glass will do his best with whoever is thrown his way. 
The player trade system we were hoping to use has backfired. Even St.Mirren aren’t keen to do a deal. 
It’s great having all these super rich guys on the board of our club acting very similar to a committee board at your local bowling club.

Ah so that bellend who previously claimed it was a done-deal was lying?

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Not against signing Zander Clark, however would assume he'd be coming here as no.1 with looking to move Lewis on?

Kelly at Motherwell is another good keeper if we are looking at replacing Lewis but assume he's under contract for a while yet.

Kelly would probably be my pick for a new keeper but I think he has another year and a half on his contract so would probably cost to much 

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Samuels away back to Wolves. 

Good stuff absolutely no loss to the club whatsoever,  another one that contributed the square root of fk all to the club.

Holy shit I seriously hope Glass and co make a better job of this transfer window than some of the utter dross they brought in during the summer ffs

5 minutes ago, blowupsheep said:

Good stuff absolutely no loss to the club whatsoever,  another one that contributed the square root of fk all to the club.

Holy shit I seriously hope Glass and co make a better job of this transfer window than some of the utter dross they brought in during the summer ffs

Aye he'll be absolutely no miss.  Hopefully spells the end of squad filler loan shite from England, far better using our own youth.

Going forward we should only use the loan system in an emergency or when it's for a stand out talent like Maddison

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, NEM said:

Aye he'll be absolutely no miss.  Hopefully spells the end of squad filler loan shite from England, far better using our own youth.

Going forward we should only use the loan system in an emergency or when it's for a stand out talent like Maddison

Christie was better for us than Maddison. I do believe though that you shouldn’t be able to loan out a player to a team in the same league.

Thought he looked decent initially, but massively lightweight.  Not a huge loss though. 

Hopefully we'll be replacing him with a youth player instead of giving other clubs youngsters game time over our own, especially when they are no better than what we have, 

Presumably with Conor Barron getting a new deal and being hyped up, there is going to be some movement in regards to selling/loaning out some of the abundance of Centre Midfielders we currently have. No point having McGeouch, Campbell, Ferguson, Ojo, Brown and Barron all vying for the same 2-3 spots.

Longstaff going is an easy one - we didn't need him. Presumably lined up to replace Ferguson, but that fell through/didn't happen and we ended up taking him anyways.

18 minutes ago, blowupsheep said:

He’ll be at Solihull Moors or some such shite before long. 

As you say, here’s hoping anything we do this month is better than the summer. 

Get the feeling there will be nothing incoming unless we make some space by offloading/loaning or selling a few. 

4 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Thought he looked decent initially, but massively lightweight.  Not a huge loss though. 

Hopefully we'll be replacing him with a youth player instead of giving other clubs youngsters game time over our own, especially when they are no better than what we have, 

Presumably with Conor Barron getting a new deal and being hyped up, there is going to be some movement in regards to selling/loaning out some of the abundance of Centre Midfielders we currently have. No point having McGeouch, Campbell, Ferguson, Ojo, Brown and Barron all vying for the same 2-3 spots.

Longstaff going is an easy one - we didn't need him. Presumably lined up to replace Ferguson, but that fell through/didn't happen and we ended up taking him anyways.

Ferguson and Jenks likely be away?  Ojo as well but that's wishful thinking on my part

23 minutes ago, Bournemouth Gee said:

Was Samuels the only Mowbray recommendation so far? 

Given Mowbray was on the premises in July, I very much doubt it. I think he was involved in other deals, which is a huge concern.

And I don’t just blame him or Glass, it’s Gunn and Cormack too.

Huge window, this. Hit rate has to be 100% or near as damn it.