January 2022 transfer window

2 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

So when any youngster makes their debut e.g. Calvin Ramsay have they played any professional games? Or is this new guy instantly rubbish in your opinion as he plays in a league you know nothing about.

Alexei Lalas, Claudio Reyna, Tony Meola, Darlington Nagbe have all won the college player of the year in the USA. All of them went on to be full internationals.

Altho not my favourite Aberdeen player did kari arnason not play U.S collage football to, also davie weir who had a good career at hearts everton and Scotland. 

1 minute ago, Broken_Glass said:

Is that the best you can do - turn to insults on the internet???

Was MacKenzie playing amateur football?? I suspect we now know who the "tool" is.

Polvara chose the collegiate route similar to lots of US sports people. A chance to give them an academic background if the sports dream doesn’t work out. Collegiate sports in the US are massive and therefore brings the best of both worlds to youngsters rather than having no tertiary education. 

We don’t have that sort of system in the UK, therefore comparing those two players is completely wrong. But, both of them have to make their professional debuts at some time. The route how they got there is irrelevant. 

• Upvote 6
42 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

So when any youngster makes their debut e.g. Calvin Ramsay have they played any professional games? Or is this new guy instantly rubbish in your opinion as he plays in a league you know nothing about.

Alexei Lalas, Claudio Reyna, Tony Meola, Darlington Nagbe have all won the college player of the year in the USA. All of them went on to be full internationals.

The US national team is made up of 5 or 6 ex college players. Its difficult to make the jump but its not impossible. How much of our players would make national side? I have more hope with this guy than Jon Gallagher or Jack Gurr. Gallagher was 14th pick in draft and I dont event think Gurr was drafted. Dante looked to be one of the first picks if not first. Give the guy a chance!

52 minutes ago, slippers said:

The US national team is made up of 5 or 6 ex college players. Its difficult to make the jump but its not impossible. How much of our players would make national side? I have more hope with this guy than Jon Gallagher or Jack Gurr. Gallagher was 14th pick in draft and I dont event think Gurr was drafted. Dante looked to be one of the first picks if not first. Give the guy a chance!

Totally agree. So many of our fans have written him off already. I reckon if we hadn't had Gallagher or Gurr do so poorly at Aberdeen there would be broader support for Polvara. 

We would all like our signings to be stars but unfortunately the market we are in we are going to see just as many misses as we have hits.

• Upvote 1

I have little faith in our manager picking a player. The Gurr debacle is the proof of that however Dante is certainly the type of player we should be targeting. He has a good chance of stepping up and I wish him well - by god do we need him to be the next Zoltan Varga. 

5 minutes ago, Crossbow said:

I have little faith in our manager picking a player. The Gurr debacle is the proof of that however Dante is certainly the type of player we should be targeting. He has a good chance of stepping up and I wish him well - by god do we need him to be the next Zoltan Varga. 

And the Ramirez signing is proof he can. 

He's the one who gave Ramsay and McKenzie extended runs, too. 

But aye. 

Whatever narrative you fancy. 

31 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

Spamming the board.

Are you dishing up T Bone steak comments. ???????   

You are genuinely not right in the head.

The way you spam twitter posting time and time again direct at afc suggests someone who is beyond thick.

Im sure your supervised computer time must be coming to an end soon, back to your medication you boring cunt