January 2022 transfer window

25 minutes ago, davieb said:

Surely there are better options further afield than the usual 3rd division dross from England

You are spot on there min, but sadly it seems to be the norm for us, that and the American Highland league.

21 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Who would you recommend davieb?

It's nae his job, or mine or yours for that matter min, it's up to the club to get proper scouting done and identify better standard than the bulk of what we signed in the last window, that being said it is good to see that Glass is returning the shite he borrowed but replacing them with more shite is nae the answer.
More often than not if we are scouting about engurland 4th tier they are nae going to set the heather alight in the SPFL that's a fact.  Our scouting team need to do their fcukin job, not just taking the usual approach, definition of insanity continuing to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different outcome. 

• Upvote 1
53 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

25 y/o with 145 total appearances in 6 and half years.........he certainly couldn't ever be accused of having been overplayed. (with roughly 20% of them on loan at non-league clubs over a 2 year period)

Belongs to Peterborough who paid a nominal fee for him but was loaned out within 6 months, firstly to Burton and now at Plymouth. Yeah Peterborough really rate this loon. 

And Fry wants a fee. Ok we'll cover his bus fare from Plymouth to Peterborough so he can pick up any stuff he still has at their facilities and complete any paperwork required at that end.

This one will really inspire the support

This will be a Darren Mowbray selection I’d assume.

Just seems like the type of player Russ Richardson would suggest?

Seems like League One is his level… is that good enough? 

Ach we’ll see.

Meh. 

5 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Barry Fry suggesting that our interest in the lad Broom “dependant on one or two sales” at our end. 

Hedges clearly one. Not sure if it means another actual sale or a couple being loaned out or off the books. 

Usual rumours sweeping across the AFC pages again!, should be strong enough to brush aside any SPL defenders as long as he’s bristling with confidence, hope he’s tidy(up) on the ball

4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Barry Fry suggesting that our interest in the lad Broom “dependant on one or two sales” at our end. 

Hedges clearly one. Not sure if it means another actual sale or a couple being loaned out or off the books. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/ryan-broom-aberdeen-transfer-talks-25911667

Aye.

The headline here did make me chuckle. But the deal for the Peterborough "star" (cough cough nae laughing at the back) 

Aye, fcuk me he is so much of a "star" he is out on loan again 15 appearances for his parent club so far and being hailed as a "star" by the daily retard journalist, there is some top class journalism right there, Scott Burns what a fcukin kn0b.

As for the player himself I don't know nearly enough about him to have an opinion or make comment, but I'm not that sure his pedigree is anything worth getting excited about.

Chris Forrester take 2 

• Upvote 2

Glass: “Darren we’re maybe going to need a replacement for Ryan Hedges - any ideas?”

Mowbray: “Let me do a quick search of this little black book Russ left me… emmm here’s a page entitled “players called Ryan”… oh here’s a Ryan Broom… brooms are sort of bristly like hedges are. How about him?”

Glass: “know anything else about him?”

Mowbray: “hold on, let me google him… plays for Peterborough, been loaned out a million times. Yes, I’d highly recommend him.”

Glass: “perfect, sign him up.”

• Haha 2
9 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Glass: “Darren we’re maybe going to need a replacement for Ryan Hedges - any ideas?”

Mowbray: “Let me do a quick search of this little black book Russ left me… emmm here’s a page entitled “players called Ryan”… oh here’s a Ryan Broom… brooms are sort of bristly like hedges are. How about him?”

Mowbray: “hold on, let me google him… plays for Peterborough, been loaned out a million times. Yes, I’d highly recommend him.”

You know what is scary about that DC?

You will be amazed as to how close you are to the actual conversation word for word pal. ?

3 minutes ago, davieb said:

Would be better spending it on a cheap flight to Kazakhstan or Azerbaijan and signing some of the local peasants that continually gub us in the euro diddy league qualifiers!

Aye there are players that you should consider paying a fee for an ones that you shouldn't. 

26 year old lower league journeymen are definitely ones not to be paying fees for. 

6 minutes ago, minijc said:

So far McGrath is not on our level, American boy is playing highland league level and is shite, we shouldn't be buying players from England as it's what Richardson and McInnes were doing, fantatsic.

The problem is Inverness have been crap the last few years. We need a strong Inverness so we can steal their players directly or get them later. 

Shinnie, Rooney, Christie, Robson, Watkins, Hayes..........tansey

Actually having to find good players elsewhere? Disaster

1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

But his injury history is clear of major injuries, that’s why Mowbray is here and not Richardson. 

10 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

I don't think Mbappé will be coming to Pittodrie mate, unless there's somehow a Scotland v France friendly at Pittodrie in the future. 

You know what he means though. It gives that comforting feeling and not the dread of another inevitable fail. The likes of McGinn, Mclean, Reynolds, Flood etc..... you know you are getting a good player.

It would be nice. I agree. But there are gems to be had in the guff lower leagues... we've just not been very good at finding them