January 2022 transfer window

2 minutes ago, paddy said:

Love the fact that sometimes players come along and everyone and their dogs know they will be useless. Gurr is one of these players. 
Why on earth Cormack/Glass et al thought he’d be the standard we need is anyones guess. Boggles the mind!

Agree. 

We do have a high level  of eejits within our fan base when it comes to acceptance of new players but we were all 100% in agreement that this one would never fly.

As I said earlier, even Ferguson fucked up the odd one; Andy Harrow here and Ralph Milne at Utd.

But the signing of Gurr sent out warning signs straight off the bat 

16 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Agree. 

We do have a high level  of eejits within our fan base when it comes to acceptance of new players but we were all 100% in agreement that this one would never fly.

As I said earlier, even Ferguson fucked up the odd one; Andy Harrow here and Ralph Milne at Utd.

But the signing of Gurr sent out warning signs straight off the bat 

We all knew it. But Glass at the Q&A arrogantly dismissed the question, saying we’ll soon see the quality Gurr has

From what we saw in the summer, his judgement of a player, is at very, best questionable.

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

We all knew it. But Glass at the Q&A arrogantly dismissed the question, saying we’ll soon see the quality Gurr has

From what we saw in the summer, his judgement of a player, is at very, best questionable.

Indeed at best it's questionable,

Samuels, Longstaff, Jet, Gurr jeezuz fcukin wept Glass and co need to 100% up their game in the recruitment side of things, but up till now this window is not looking like being any better than the summer time, couple of names being branded around but that means fek all, reality is the only signing we have actually made till now (half way through the window, when shiny teeth slippery fish cormack  :blahblah1:     promised that the business in this window would be done fast) is some jumped up college graduate from the Highland league of the states.

We're all doomed I tell ya doomed.

5 minutes ago, blowupsheep said:

Indeed at best it's questionable,

Samuels, Longstaff, Jet, Gurr jeezuz fcukin wept Glass and co need to 100% up their game in the recruitment side of things, but up till now this window is not looking like being any better than the summer time, couple of names being branded around but that means fek all, reality is the only signing we have actually made till now (half way through the window, when shiny teeth slippery fish cormack  :blahblah1:     promised that the business in this window would be done fast) is some jumped up college graduate from the Highland league of the states.

We're all doomed I tell ya doomed.

Longstaff should have been decent. Can''t blame Glass for taking the boy in, almost everyone in here were happy with the signing.

Jet is decent in spells and on his game he's brilliant.

Can't argue with Gurr. 

Samuels I never seen enough of. Looked alright when he first came, but that was it. 

• Upvote 1

Quite pleased we are getting rid of players who are obviously not producing the displays needed when on the pitch. They were all given chances but didn’t do anything to warrant a start in the team at any time. 
Nothing personal against the lads but I hope they learn from the opportunity we gave them and adapt their game to benefit themselves.

2 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Quite pleased we are getting rid of players who are obviously not producing the displays needed when on the pitch. They were all given chances but didn’t do anything to warrant a start in the team at any time. 
Nothing personal against the lads but I hope they learn from the opportunity we gave them and adapt their game to benefit themselves.

Have to agree. It’s 1 thing making a complete arse of recruitment but atleast they are calling out the mistakes and sending them packing rather than persevere till the end of the season with them. All I ask is we get rid of the shite, blood some more of our “emerging talent” and bring in 3 quality players this window. I don’t want any shite squad fillers unless they are 21 or under. 

19 minutes ago, slippers said:

Have to agree. It’s 1 thing making a complete arse of recruitment but atleast they are calling out the mistakes and sending them packing rather than persevere till the end of the season with them. All I ask is we get rid of the shite, blood some more of our “emerging talent” and bring in 3 quality players this window. I don’t want any shite squad fillers unless they are 21 or under. 

The market we work in (especially the English one) will always bring big risk. As you say we will make mistakes as we all know but getting rid of them quickly is a step in the right direction. We need to stop those signings who just fill spaces and genuinely sign players who definitely will provide competition. If we struggle to find those players then we must learn to use the young players at Aberdeen better and make them more ready to compete. 

1 hour ago, paddy said:

Love the fact that sometimes players come along and everyone and their dogs know they will be useless. Gurr is one of these players. 
Why on earth Cormack/Glass et al thought he’d be the standard we need is anyones guess. Boggles the mind!

I think it sums up how out of touch they both are with the standard of football in Scotland. They also have an unhealthy affiliation with the game in the US which clearly clouds their judgement.

27 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

I think it sums up how out of touch they both are with the standard of football in Scotland. They also have an unhealthy affiliation with the game in the US which clearly clouds their judgement.

Hopefully that lesson has been learned now. 

12 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

So far we've been linked with Josh Koroma, Jamie McGrath, Ryan Broom, Zander Clark, Conor McGrandles and David Odumosu.

Hopefully most of these names are a smokescreen to divert attention away from the real targets. 

Would like to get McGrath, and happy enough with Clark.

The boy Koroma has at least played at a decent level recently and done well so he might do a job on loan. 

Broom and McGrandles are journeyman crap we can do without. 

Probably a waiting game at the moment. A lot of our activity will be dependant on acceptable bids coming in for any of our players.  In a perfect world any business would be done early but the reality is it very rarely happens.  If we agree a fee for any of our players it’s likely to kick start the incomings.  Hopefully they are all lined up.  

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I'm sure someone will be able to explain why other clubs are able to bring in players during the first half of January but for some reason we can't. 

Why are we any different?  Hibs haven't sold anyone yet but have brought in 4 or 5 for example. 

Hibs probably have a considerable lower wage budget all in just now so can get signings in as a bit extra to spend.

5 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Hibs probably have a considerable lower wage budget so can get signings in

Aye but if you know you are likely to be selling Hedges and it's just a case of negotiating a fee you can factor that in so you don't lose out on targets in the interim period.  

Always waiting for players to move out before bringing players in just increases the risk that we won't be able to secure appropriate replacements, particularly in January when you've only got 4 weeks to play with. 

I'm sure Hibs plan to sell someone during this window but they will be doing it with reinforcements already in the building. 

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye but if you know you are likely to be selling Hedges and it's just a case of negotiating a fee you can factor that in so you don't lose out on targets in the interim period.  

Always waiting for players to move out before bringing players in just increases the risk that we won't be able to secure appropriate replacements, particularly in January when you've only got 4 weeks to play with. 

I'm sure Hibs plan to sell someone during this window but they will be doing it with reinforcements already in the building. 

We are only likely to sell a player if a  club meets our valuation.  That hasn’t happened yet.  The danger of signing players in the hope that someone is sold is a bit of a gamble.  You may also get more cash for a player if you do sell so then you can go out and get a better quality player.  

5 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

We are only likely to sell a player if a  club meets our valuation.  That hasn’t happened yet.  The danger of signing players in the hope that someone is sold is a bit of a gamble.  You may also get more cash for a player if you do sell so then you can go out and get a better quality player.  

It's balancing the risk, aye 

23 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Already stated players must go! No one really gone yet. It will be last few days of window I reckon 

Yes he stated players had to leave. 2 have already gone, Gurr likely to leave, Campbell looks like he's going to Killie on loan, Hedges probably gone. There's no way what we are paying Polvara is anywhere close to what we contributed towards the wages of Samuels and Longstaff. The club needs to be proactive especially after the poor summer window. We are being reactive and generally leaves you with the scraps. He said he wants to come out the window stronger. We certainly aren't that just now. And all the "get the business done early" limes doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.