January 2022 transfer window

28 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

I see some are starting to pish the bed already.

It's not that at all. Firstly the chairman says "we definitely don't need to sell anyone". Then the manager says "players need to leave before anyone comes in". Which is it? We've already punted 2 and brought in 1. Who will be on a relatively small wage. The chairman said he takes up part of the "emerging talent budget" whatever the fuck that is. So if the squad is bloated that's on the manager. He signed 11 players in the summer and probably only 4 can be classed as regular contributors to the team in Ramirez, Brown, Bates and Watkins. Signing the likes of Gurr, Samuels was just a joke. We can now add Longstaff to that since we know how pish he actually was. As fans we just don't want to see the club left behind. Hopefully we can still make this a good window.  

57 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Yes he stated players had to leave. 2 have already gone, Gurr likely to leave, Campbell looks like he's going to Killie on loan, Hedges probably gone. There's no way what we are paying Polvara is anywhere close to what we contributed towards the wages of Samuels and Longstaff. The club needs to be proactive especially after the poor summer window. We are being reactive and generally leaves you with the scraps. He said he wants to come out the window stronger. We certainly aren't that just now. And all the "get the business done early" limes doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. 

We’re not any stronger yet but we’re also not any weaker at the moment, if we loose a couple of first team players and don’t sign anyone then I’d be worried  

39 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

We've seen this movie before... giving it all the chat about doing business early, looking to strengthen... then half way through the window nothing's happened and we start hearing need to move people out before anything happens whilst at the same time saying we don't need to sell anyone... linked with endless guff journeymen from the lower leagues in England, and overrated youngsters from down south who've never played a professional game... 

What inevitably happens next is we end up getting to the last few days of the window and panic signing a whole load of utter cack in the wrong positions.

Why not just come to an agreement to sell Hedges now, rather than faffing about until the day the window closes just for the sake of an extra £50k or something. We've probably wasted that much on Jack Gurr's wages over the past year. Just let him go, take the £150K or whatever Blackburn are offering NOW, and use it to sign someone else - McGrath for example. Holding out for an extra few quid for a guy who wants to leave anyway is daft, especially if it's going to prevent us bringing in our first choice replacement. Same with Ferguson - I think we should let him go in this window, he's been wanting away for at least a year now and his value is probably as high as it's going to be - take £3m if someone's offering it NOW, and get the ball rolling on spending some of the money on other players who can come in and strengthen the team. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, thurso said:

We’re not any stronger yet but we’re also not any weaker at the moment, if we loose a couple of first team players and don’t sign anyone then I’d be worried  

I agree we aren't weaker but i just think we've missed a trick not getting players in by now and getting them integrated into our way of playing. Of course it's maybe not for the want of trying but with games now coming rather quickly any incoming players will need to hit the ground running straight away. 

6 minutes ago, thurso said:

If Watkins is out for the season as rumoured we are definitely weaker but if he’s fine we’re sound. As I said on another thread he looked brand new clubbing wae JET

46 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

Perfectly entitled to be concerned

Half the window gone and ONE new face signed.....one that apparently isn't even on the same continent as the club yet and even if he was isn't likely to feature as a starter until at least next season and might not even make many, if any, appearances from the bench.

As has been stated by others.....who is telling the truth, the manager or the chairman regarding our need to move players on or not before making additions?

Leaving things to the last minute tends not to turn out too well. McGrath would have been a Hibs player already if they hadn't left things too late last summer. And we  might end up with similar quality to what we ended up with last January if we fart about....look how that went for us.

7 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

We've seen this movie before... giving it all the chat about doing business early, looking to strengthen... then half way through the window nothing's happened and we start hearing need to move people out before anything happens whilst at the same time saying we don't need to sell anyone... linked with endless guff journeymen from the lower leagues in England, and overrated youngsters from down south who've never played a professional game... 

What inevitably happens next is we end up getting to the last few days of the window and panic signing a whole load of utter cack in the wrong positions.

Why not just come to an agreement to sell Hedges now, rather than faffing about until the day the window closes just for the sake of an extra £50k or something. We've probably wasted that much on Jack Gurr's wages over the past year. Just let him go, take the £150K or whatever Blackburn are offering NOW, and use it to sign someone else - McGrath for example. Holding out for an extra few quid for a guy who wants to leave anyway is daft, especially if it's going to prevent us bringing in our first choice replacement. Same with Ferguson - I think we should let him go in this window, he's been wanting away for at least a year now and his value is probably as high as it's going to be - take £3m if someone's offering it NOW, and get the ball rolling on spending some of the money on other players who can come in and strengthen the team. 

Bang on the money

5 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

This is 100% spot on. Only 1 of the names we've been linked with is a player i actually want to see at the club. McGrath. Broom? No. 3 goals in Englands league 1 shouldn't be deemed good enough for us. Zander Clark is a big wage on a player in a position we don't desperately need to strengthen. Then linked with another fucking keeper. For all the "we are looking at new leagues to get value for money we keep hearing from the club we're yet to see any evidence we're doing anything differently. Let's be fair we only got Polvara because of Bobby Clark. Had he not got on the phone we'd probably have missed out on him too. 

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

This is 100% spot on. Only 1 of the names we've been linked with is a player i actually want to see at the club. McGrath. Broom? No. 3 goals in Englands league 1 shouldn't be deemed good enough for us. Zander Clark is a big wage on a player in a position we don't desperately need to strengthen. Then linked with another fucking keeper. For all the "we are looking at new leagues to get value for money we keep hearing from the club we're yet to see any evidence we're doing anything differently. Let's be fair we only got Polvara because of Bobby Clark. Had he not got on the phone we'd probably have missed out on him too. 

How do you know?

It's not like St Johnstone pay massive wages. I'll bet he will be a lot cheaper than Lewis is currently on.

6 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

How do you know?

It's not like St Johnstone pay massive wages. I'll bet he will be a lot cheaper than Lewis is currently on.

If Rangers are interested (as they are rumoured to be) then they'll drive his demands up. St Johnstone might not be the biggest payers but he'll be towards the top of their wage list. 

@Ernie McCracken it’s more of a playful jibe than an insult.We’ve every right to be concerned.

We all want to see movement on the transfer front, and it’s worrying that each is saying differing things regarding transfers.

The last few windows haven’t been great, so it’s hugely important we get this one right.

However, there are more than two weeks to go.If we get to the last week, and nothing else has happened, then I’ll begin to get twitchy.

Sevco wont be signing another keeper until McGregor indicates one way or another if he's staying next year

Plus they already have McLaughlin who right now is Scotland's second choice 'keeper. I can't see Clark risking going there where he might win the starting spot. But equally might be 3rd choice. Unless sevco were offering crazy cash in which case he might not give a shit if he plays or not but as I say....until McGregor makes a decision they wont sign anyone

34 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

To be fair. If anyone offered 3m for Ferguson  I reckon we would have snapped their hands off by now.   We maybe holding out for more cash for Hedges as we don’t have a suitable replacement lined up. He may be worth more to us just staying until end of season.   I think McGrath is holding out for an English team tbh.  
I’m not pant pishing just yet as most deals are done towards the end of the window.  

8 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

@Ernie McCracken it’s more of a playful jibe than an insult.We’ve every right to be concerned.

We all want to see movement on the transfer front, and it’s worrying that each is saying differing things regarding transfers.

The last few windows haven’t been great, so it’s hugely important we get this one right.

However, there are more than two weeks to go.If we get to the last week, and nothing else has happened, then I’ll begin to get twitchy.

In Cormacks defence he was denying a tweet about Jenks leaving and said that we don’t need to sell anyone and if we did it would be on our terms..  technically we don’t.  
I think Glass’s quotes were more along the size of the squad and letting fringe guys go who weren’t getting a game.  I may have missed a quote or two though so stand to  be  corrected 

1 minute ago, Kiriakov33 said:

In Cormacks defence he was denying a tweet about Jenks leaving and said that we don’t need to sell anyone and if we did it would be on our terms..  technically we don’t.  
I think Glass’s quotes were more along the size of the squad and letting fringe guys go who weren’t getting a game.  I may have missed a quote or two though so stand to  be  corrected 

Thats how I see the difference in what both Cormack and Glass said.

55 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Hedges hasn't signed a pre-contract with Blackburn yet and there is no offer on the table from them to buy him

32 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

Reading it back, you’re probably right enough tbf.

28 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Hedges hasn't signed a pre-contract with Blackburn yet and there is no offer on the table from them to buy him

They apparently had other options.Maybe we were haggling over a few £k and they’ve fucked us off?

1 hour ago, Simosmashed my knee said:

Josh Koroma sounds a better quality signing than Basil Brush from Plymouth

I wouldn’t believe that 1. Going by Twitter he’s 1 of Huddersfield’s main men. Did the press conference for the game this weekend. You don’t do stuff like that if you are being shipped out. 

1 hour ago, YorkDon said:

That will be in 9 days time.  ?
Do you feel any twitches yet. ?

1 hour ago, AyrshireSheep said:

I agree we aren't weaker but i just think we've missed a trick not getting players in by now and getting them integrated into our way of playing. Of course it's maybe not for the want of trying but with games now coming rather quickly any incoming players will need to hit the ground running straight away. 

I know I’d would be better but apart from Celtic hardly any clubs have signed any players of note. 

As said previously….the club (under the orders of Davie Cormack) are not going to give Glass free money to spend during this transfer window. Players made way so we could bring in Polvara. Players signed under pre-contract don’t affect this budgetary dealings anyway. Ramsay, Ferguson or Hedges will need to be sold to get others in. If no one wants them then we go as we are. That’s the reality of Davie Cormack being our chairman folks. Get used to it.