January 2022 transfer window

As I said about a month back, Blackburn have a decent shot at promotion to the EPL. Whilst Hedges would be a useful player for them in the Championship, he'd be a waste of space in the higher division so can totally understand why they might be holding off making any sort of commitment on him. 

Nevertheless McGrath would only cost about £250k. Could be the difference between us making European football or not. It;s a fucking bad day if we can't afford to spend that amount without getting a fee in for someone else first

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

As I said about a month back, Blackburn have a decent shot at promotion to the EPL. Whilst Hedges would be a useful player for them in the Championship, he'd be a waste of space in the higher division so can totally understand why they might be holding off making any sort of commitment on him. 

Nevertheless McGrath would only cost about £250k. Could be the difference between us making European football or not. It;s a fucking bad day if we can't afford to spend that amount without getting a fee in for someone else first

Especially when we "bid" 500k for Boyle in the summer and haven't spent that money anywhere else...

2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

It;s a fucking bad day if we can't afford to spend that amount without getting a fee in for someone else first

Aye I agree.  Surely we can free up a wee bit now when we're likely to sell Ferguson and Ramsay for decent dosh sooner rather than later. 

Makes the summer window twice as bad if we're hamstrung in January after blowing all the cash on punts. 

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

12 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Especially when we "bid" 500k for Boyle in the summer and haven't spent that money anywhere else...

If Utd can pay a fee for Watt & we can’t for McGrath it’s pretty sad.

My feeling is that because of the amount of cash Glass spunked on utter dross in summer,  Cormack has hidden the chequebook 

15 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Hedges is not good enough for the top of the English Championship. 

And I agree. Get the money spent. 

We’ll make a multiple of it in the summer by selling just one player.

Stop fucking about. 

Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Hedges is not good enough for the top of the English Championship. 

And I agree. Get the money spent. 

We’ll make a multiple of it in the summer by selling just one player.

Stop fucking about. 

Hedges (on form) is perfectly able for top of championship/lower EPL.

Fkn sick of this massive over exaggerated belief in quality of Guffy game. 

Hedges is a Welsh (fringe) international & there are some pretty decent players keeping him out. He would have been in their squad last year if not for injuries if not very close. 

Plenty worse players than Hedges in championship/lower EPL

• Upvote 1
38 minutes ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

Did we spend some of that money on Bates?

The club could be better financed after the next couple of home games. 

I don't know if we paid a fee for Bates. If we did then it's pretty poor business considering he had essentially been banished from Hamburg and told he was never going to play and wasn't even allowed to train with the 1st team. 

£350k or whatever St Mirren want is probably the prize money difference for finishing 2 places higher in the league. If we are serious about wanting European football and trying to qualify for the groups then it's money we should be able to spend. After all Cormack's words when Glass was appointed was "spend thousands to make millions".  

35 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Hedges (on form) is perfectly able for top of championship/lower EPL.

Fkn sick of this massive over exaggerated belief in quality of Guffy game. 

Hedges is a Welsh (fringe) international & there are some pretty decent players keeping him out. He would have been in their squad last year if not for injuries if not very close. 

Plenty worse players than Hedges in championship/lower EPL

Lower EPL. 
LOL 

4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Lower EPL. 
LOL 

Yes indeed.

There are some utter shite (over paid shite) at many lower EPL teams. 
This delusional arrogance that the EPL (because they pay so much) is 100% packed full with ALL quality players is sad as fk. 
Hedges could quite easily be amongst plenty of them. 

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, super_al said:

The Daily Hun is reporting that we have approached Saint Johnstone regarding offer Zander Clark a contract. 

A position we aren't in desperate need of strengthening at this present time.

Would much rather see us try and sign some wingers, an attacking midfielder who can create and a second striker just in case Ramirez is crocked by a Hun hatchetman on Tuesday.

20 minutes ago, super_al said:

The Daily Hun is reporting that we have approached Saint Johnstone regarding offer Zander Clark a contract. 

Apologies to link for smelly weegia: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/zander-clark-set-aberdeen-transfer-25952267

Same article says we "have tabled a strong bid" for McGrath and "are looking to bring in players with pace in the front areas"

21 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

Would much rather see us try and sign some wingers, an attacking midfielder who can create and a second striker just in case Ramirez is crocked by a Hun hatchetman on Tuesday.

Lewis is past his prime, quite happy to see a new No1 in place for next season.  Clark on a pre-contract fits the bill. 

I'll be disappointed if we don't finish this window with a back-up striker for Ramirez and a first choice creative attacker/forward in the squad.

• Upvote 1
45 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Apologies to link for smelly weegia: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/zander-clark-set-aberdeen-transfer-25952267

Same article says we "have tabled a strong bid" for McGrath and "are looking to bring in players with pace in the front areas"

I think the strong bid refers to the contract we have offered him. Could be wrong though. And the last line of "Aberdeen are looking to bring in players with pace to the front areas" reminds me of Cormack at the end of the last January window tweeting "we tried to get another attacking player with flair and pace but couldn't get it done". We'll get fed the same line this year when it fails to materialise. 

1 hour ago, torry_battery_ram said:

Your opinion matters not a jot though

Neither does mine though I unsurprisingly totally disagree with you

Somebody/people at the club have identified that we need a new goalkeeper. So presumably they are in agreement with me. 

Just because Lewis might not be the most pressing need to be replaced does not equate to the fact "other needs" have kicked that decision down the road for some time now and that we shouldn't do it. 

I dont care what the player is in any position. If there is someone better than the current incumbent then if it's possible for the club to get them onboard I want it to happen

1 hour ago, AyrshireSheep said:

I think the strong bid refers to the contract we have offered him. Could be wrong though. And the last line of "Aberdeen are looking to bring in players with pace to the front areas" reminds me of Cormack at the end of the last January window tweeting "we tried to get another attacking player with flair and pace but couldn't get it done". We'll get fed the same line this year when it fails to materialise. 

I would consider Clark on a pre-contract plus McGrath, a back-up striker for Ramirez (early 20s with potential to improve), and a first choice creative/attacking midfielder/winger of some sort in now as a reasonable window.   

• Upvote 1