January 2022 transfer window

18 minutes ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

I’d like us to get at least 2 in before the end of the window but unless Hedges moves then I think we’ll be left with just 1 loan signing.

The summers when we’ll be doing main our business, also we’re more likely to get bids for Ferguson and Ramsay then.

How many of the out of contracts do people see getting a new deal?

Hedges, Hayes,McGinn, McGeouch, Ojo & Considine all out of contract in the summer. 

Hedges - 100% gone

Hayes - might scrape 12 month contract?

McGinn - released

McGeouch - released (decent player but never fit)

Ojo - wants to leave so expect him to go. Hopefully. Glass loves him though. 

That’s about £15k per week off the wage bill if they all go.

25 minutes ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

I’d like us to get at least 2 in before the end of the window but unless Hedges moves then I think we’ll be left with just 1 loan signing.

The summers when we’ll be doing main our business, also we’re more likely to get bids for Ferguson and Ramsay then.

Hedges, Hayes,McGinn, McGeouch, Ojo & Considine all out of contract in the summer. 

We are unlikely to qualify for Europe which, given third is likely to get ECL group stage football as a minimum is a big financial blow.

I think what has often held us back is the fact we are still making signings towards the end of August. Last year we signed both Bates and Watkins late in the window, from memory neither of them playing v Qarabag.

3 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Disappointing that fuck all incomings of any substance has happened before we restart.

We could’ve done with a player or two to improve the starting X1 before the game against the scum.

And apparently Ryan Broom not starting for Plymouth again. Fuck that if he’s supposedly lined up as Ryan Hedges replacement. 

Maybe that's why he isnt starting 

35 minutes ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

That's when all clubs do their main business. January is a window to make minor changes and tweaks to your squad. The problem we have is that we made such a cunt of the summer window that this window really needed just as much of a clear out and rebuild. Not suggesting we were ever going to sign 5 or more players but it was certainly needed. Giving McGinn and Devlin new deals was an absolutely shambolic decision. Signing JET was a terrible decision. Gurr was a fucking awful signing. Samuels was an awful signing that most knew wouldn't work. Out of all his signings so far maybe 3 have been a success. Should we only make 1 more signing in this window then we deserve all we get. Which will be back to bottom 6 mediocrity. It's pretty embarrassing in all honesty. 

• Upvote 1
28 minutes ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

Of that lot.......I think Hayes might get another year. He's lost his pace but gives a bit of cover for a few positions down the left. 

Considine probably the same unless it's absolutely clear he's physically not up to it (then again it doesn't seem to put us off giving Devlin extensions)

McGeouch if you had asked me a month ago Id've said yes to keep some continuity, but on reflection he's just another that is too injury prone and a waste of a very high wage/

McGinn.......bye and thanks for everything

Ojo........he is the one I just can't predict. For whatever reason Glass seems to love him. I don't think hes a terrible as some on here claim, but I do think he's bang average and if rumours are true and he is one of our higher earners then I think we can easily find someone that's younger, cheaper and better. But I have a nasty feeling Glass will at least offer a new contract....whether or not he accepts is again another matter

6 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Of that lot.......I think Hayes might get another year. He's lost his pace but gives a bit of cover for a few positions down the left. 

Considine probably the same unless it's absolutely clear he's physically not up to it (then again it doesn't seem to put us off giving Devlin extensions)

McGeouch if you had asked me a month ago Id've said yes to keep some continuity, but on reflection he's just another that is too injury prone and a waste of a very high wage/

McGinn.......bye and thanks for everything

Ojo........he is the one I just can't predict. For whatever reason Glass seems to love him. I don't think hes a terrible as some on here claim, but I do think he's bang average and if rumours are true and he is one of our higher earners then I think we can easily find someone that's younger, cheaper and better. But I have a nasty feeling Glass will at least offer a new contract....whether or not he accepts is again another matter

I'd like to see Andy stay in the organization when he can no longer play. 

We should 100% take whatever fee we can get for hedges now but this delusional shite that he’s not good enough for top of championship or lower EPL shite is nonsense. We weren’t that far off Burnley when we played them. Not like they slaughtered us. 
There is no denying there are some real quality players/sides in EPL but the exaggerated quality of ALL in EPL is BS

58 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

We should 100% take whatever fee we can get for hedges now but this delusional shite that he’s not good enough for top of championship or lower EPL shite is nonsense. We weren’t that far off Burnley when we played them. Not like they slaughtered us. 
There is no denying there are some real quality players/sides in EPL but the exaggerated quality of ALL in EPL is BS

Strangely enough, no EPL team has tried to sign him in all his time with us, Even the shite ones at the bottom.

I agree that for the most part Guffball is vastly over-rated.

But Hedges' just isn't consistent enough to play at the top level. 

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

And he's still faster than most.

2 hours ago, PondHopper said:

I'd like to see Andy stay in the organization when he can no longer play. 

?

1 hour ago, Torry Tosser said:

Love Northern Soul

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Strangely enough, no EPL team has tried to sign him in all his time with us, Even the shite ones at the bottom.

I agree that for the most part Guffball is vastly over-rated.

But Hedges' just isn't consistent enough to play at the top level. 

Yes but the point is that a shit load of lower EPL teams also aren’t consistent enough to play at the top level ?

Hedges is perfectly capable of being in those sides. Especially when on form. 

45 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Griffiths has been given the bullet by Celtic. The club better not even think about it ?. That would tip fans over the edge. 

Don't think we'll go anywhere near him.

Incredible that we only have one recognised striker in the squad though. If Ramirez gets injured the day after the window shuts, who on earth do we play up front for the rest of the season?! JET who can't run and would constantly be hanging about on the half way line when we need him in the box.... Watkins who's injured every other week and isn't really a goal scorer... McLennan whose a winger and utter cack... McGinn who's past it now sadly... I can't even think of any other options. I think we've been extremely lucky up until this point that he's not missed a game through injury - I highly doubt whether he'll make it through the next few months playing every minute of every game.

Surely we'll at least sign a striker on loan in this window?!

2 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Incredible that we only have one recognised striker in the squad though. If Ramirez gets injured the day after the window shuts, who on earth do we play up front for the rest of the season?! JET who can't run and would constantly be hanging about on the half way line when we need him in the box.... Watkins who's injured every other week and isn't really a goal scorer... McLennan whose a winger and utter cack... McGinn who's past it now sadly... I can't even think of any other options. I think we've been extremely lucky up until this point that he's not missed a game through injury - I highly doubt whether he'll make it through the next few months playing every minute of every game.

De ja fucking vu

1 minute ago, Don_Corleone said:

Glass will probably try and do a Guardiola and play a midfielder as a "false 9". And when said midfielder scores a goal Cormack will be on Sportsound blowing his own trumpet about how brilliant a decision it was to hire Glassdiola as manager. 

But, in all aeriousness, we need at least 1 striker in this window. Still need at least 2 more aswell. Polvara is on his way over now but i don't think anyone should really be expecting much from him this season. Probably next season before he's ready for a regular role. But i fear that's not what will come out of the club. 

10 hours ago, super_al said:

I think the club have realized how bad the last couple of transfer windows have been and are overly cautious in ensuring they "get it right".

I heard the club were considering a new approach to the transfer windows….sign nobody. That way, we can’t complain at the quality of people we bring in. Go Davie Cormack!

11 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

But he is. Really.

This delusional love of Guffy football really needs reeled in. 

This is exactly why the English football national side is so shit. Delusions of grandeur has really taken hold of the dumb fks. 

I have no love of English football. None.

It’s over-rated.

But your eyes are painted on if you think Hedges could play in the EPL

• Haha 1