Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

January 2022 transfer window

11 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Yes but the point is that a shit load of lower EPL teams also aren’t consistent enough to play at the top level ?

Hedges is perfectly capable of being in those sides. Especially when on form. 

??

Good een , min !!!

Hedges , is a decent player at our level  “when on form” , as you put it. 

But in case you haven’t noticed , very few , if any, players that are , at best , decent at our level , get anywhere near the EPL.

Kenny McLean , for instance , was outstanding for us (and an infinitely better player than Hedges) but I think the most that can be said of him is that he doesn’t look out of place in a team that yo-yo between the bottom of the EPL and the Championship. 

Cant think of any current players other than Robertson , Tierney and John McGinn that have made the transition from the Scottish Premiership to the EPL and are regarded as being among the top players for their English club.

What about doidge.  Not sure there is much to the rumours of dundee interest.  Thought he just signed an extension but did we not try for him back in 2018. It would be nice to have a second striker.  Still shocked that hibs continue to add without selling anyone. Now saying that neither doig and nesbitt look as good as they did last year.

2 hours ago, AyrshireSheep said:

He's normally spot on though. He broke the Cosgrove transfer. He might write for a complete rag but he knows what he's talking about

Is he?

He gave the tub-of-lard  (now ex) Gillingham manager credence when he quoted him in the Sun as saying that Tucker would "go for millions when he eventually leaves the club" last February.

They'll be doing well to get £300k for him less than  a year later

EDIT...but this kind of signing does make sense and hope we do manage to get him to move 500 miles north

2 hours ago, Dave Bus said:

Shinnie to Wigan for 30k. Surely we’re a more attractive option to him than Wigan. Should be right in there at that low a few.

He left us for Derby because our offer to make him the highest paid player at the club couldn't come close to what Derby were offering. Foreby the fact he wanted to try his luck down south anyway.

Wigan might be EFL1 right now but they are free from the financial difficulties that dogged them in 2020 and are yet another club now Arab owned. They're making a strong bid for promotion and I can't believe that Shinnie will be signing for them to take a pay cut on his current deal. I suspect if we really wanted to we could probably match it but I dont think that's a good use of our budget for a player past 30 

37 minutes ago, mutant said:

We were actually offered Andy Shinnie in the summer but glass didn’t really know of him and nothing came of it.

Graeme Shinnie isn’t coming back, did well when he was here, we miss his energy but at 30 plus not what we need.

Move on

The only way I would take Shinnie back would be to play left back!

Great 4 years with us but we have to plough ahead with signing younger, ambitious and hungrier players.

2 hours ago, Donscanada said:

What about doidge.  Not sure there is much to the rumours of dundee interest.  Thought he just signed an extension but did we not try for him back in 2018. It would be nice to have a second striker.  Still shocked that hibs continue to add without selling anyone. Now saying that neither doig and nesbitt look as good as they did last year.

No thanks. Signing a rivals squad player. As I’ve previously said I hold out hope we are capable of sourcing someone better at the right age.

16 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Don't think we'll go anywhere near him.

Incredible that we only have one recognised striker in the squad though. If Ramirez gets injured the day after the window shuts, who on earth do we play up front for the rest of the season?! JET who can't run and would constantly be hanging about on the half way line when we need him in the box.... Watkins who's injured every other week and isn't really a goal scorer... McLennan whose a winger and utter cack... McGinn who's past it now sadly... I can't even think of any other options. I think we've been extremely lucky up until this point that he's not missed a game through injury - I highly doubt whether he'll make it through the next few months playing every minute of every game.

Surely we'll at least sign a striker on loan in this window?!

They ain’t going anywhere near anyone.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   this window.  

Jack Tucker is very highly rated in England. West Ham, Celtic and Rangers have all been linked with him in the past. Brentford and more recently Portsmouth have had bids rejected for him. Aberdeen will not be the only club looking at him. At 22 he is of a great age to develop and potentially sell on. 

• Upvote 2
11 hours ago, redone said:

??

Good een , min !!!

Hedges , is a decent player at our level  “when on form” , as you put it. 

But in case you haven’t noticed , very few , if any, players that are , at best , decent at our level , get anywhere near the EPL.

Kenny McLean , for instance , was outstanding for us (and an infinitely better player than Hedges) but I think the most that can be said of him is that he doesn’t look out of place in a team that yo-yo between the bottom of the EPL and the Championship. 

Cant think of any current players other than Robertson , Tierney and John McGinn that have made the transition from the Scottish Premiership to the EPL and are regarded as being among the top players for their English club.

I don’t think I ever claimed he could be among the top player’s for English clubs. ?

In actual fact I think I said he could be in a side that yo-yo’s between bottom EPL & Championship. Just as most of the Welsh squad could.

Its easy to argue against my opinion by exaggerating it to imply I classed him as far better than I actually did 

10 hours ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Seems a strange move unless we plan to ship Gallagher out. Already have centre backs contracted for next season,  Considine will likely get another year and Devlin getting another deal. Maybe the plan is to play 10 centre backs and shithouse 0-0draws. 

Already have centre backs? ? come on now, that’s pushing it. 
We need options at CH. any that will keep Gallagher out of the side are a boost & also prevent Devlin faking his way back again