January 2022 transfer window

2 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

What an extremely boring transfer window. 

After the complete cock up Glass made of his first window. Do you really think he was going to be given the keys to the transfer bus again so soon? ?

Club would do better offering up this transfer window in a raffle on here than letting Glass make another cunt of it.

2 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Mind the days when we took in 3 centre forwards in Jan? 

Those were the days. 

Pity all 3 were shite and we barely scored for the rest of the season. 

It’s honestly the pits so far. 

1 minute ago, fine-n-dandy said:

After the complete cock up Glass made of his first window. Do you really think he was going to be given the keys to the transfer bus again so soon? ?

Club would do better offering up this transfer window in a raffle on here than letting Glass make another cunt of it.

Cormack has obviously lost interest after the first half of the season. Glass is paying the consequences for making a mess of the first transfer window. 
Could Cormack be saving funds for the summer transfer window when we could possibly have a new manager…he’s obviously bored with Glass already.

3 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

I think the reality of it all has kicked in for Cormack now and he's realising it's not as easy as just turning up with his shiny teeth and folders full of Americanised ideas to transform us into a major force again and give the fans the time of their life when they come to Pittodrie. We're definitely seeing and hearing a lot less of him now.

Don't get me wrong, I think some of his ideas have been quite good and refreshing BUT at the bottom line is what happens on the pitch, and it's been honking. That's down to the manager he brought in, and the garbage players and tactics he's employed.

2 hours ago, 1983 said:

The rhetoric coming from Glass has now changed. Our transfer strategy is out of control and he’s struggling to try and appear like there’s a plan, but the use of the word “fix”, multiple times, means he thinks things are broken. I also find it interesting he said “If I see bits and pieces in training I need to handle I will”. That statement is absolutely aimed at certain want-away players, and he put it in the public domain to make sure the player knows they can’t down tools.

Normally, no one would expect much from a January transfer window due to the quality of player generally not being available. However, the previous summer window was such a debacle that Glass seriously needed to improve the squad.

14 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

It’s honestly the pits so far. 

Cormack has obviously lost interest after the first half of the season. Glass is paying the consequences for making a mess of the first transfer window. 
Could Cormack be saving funds for the summer transfer window when we could possibly have a new manager…he’s obviously bored with Glass already.

Hopefully Cormack has realised (& admits) his mistake in trying to convince everyone that Glass was ‘the best candidate’ unless ‘best candidate’ actually meant best puppet.

Remember how Glass said Gurr would surprise us all & how Scottish football fans don’t realise just how good JET is. Glass has no clue about what is required as manager at Aberdeen. Simple as that. He is genuinely out of his depth. His first 10/11 signings proved this. 

Haven’t heard much ‘Top 100 club’ chat from Cormack lately either, or anything really.  Honeymoon period well & truly over.

12 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

What’s that or he got to do with it?

So have half the clubs in Scotland.

We should’ve had someone in before the scum game though. A forward/wide player. 

Defo. Had an age to strengthen before the Huns game n the one signing we have made hasn’t long landed in country ffs. Farcical transfer window so far.

13 minutes ago, Elderadojnr said:

Defo. Had an age to strengthen before the Huns game n the one signing we have made hasn’t long landed in country ffs. Farcical transfer window so far.

Still two weeks to go. 

Just has the feeling of a pish one coming, & hearing Glass say if something can be done in the last few days we’ll look to do it.

English lower league loans incoming? 

We’ll see.
I see we’ve apparently recouped the guts of the Hernandez fee tonight. 
Here’s hoping that allows a fee or two to be spent 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Not necessarily.

Back in December, your pal Glass said he’d like to have his business done by the time we played SEVCO. Naive as fuck. 

Hibs have brought in 4 I think it is.

Celtic 5.

It can be done if you’re organised? 

It can also be done if you have a capable manager or one that didn’t make a total arse of his first window & has lost all trust. Miss placed trust in first place I may add, so essentially this is all on Cormack & his faith in allowing Glass to sign almost a dozen shite signings on fk knows how much wages & loan/signing on fees

11 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Not necessarily.

Back in December, your pal Glass said he’d like to have his business done by the time we played SEVCO. Naive as fuck. 

Hibs have brought in 4 I think it is.

Celtic 5.

It can be done if you’re organised? 

Aye Hibs new black boy looked brilliant.

Im now a huge Glass fan because I'm sick of seeing a grown man bitch and moan and repeat the same stuff day on day. Weird.

2 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Im now a huge Glass fan because I'm sick of seeing a grown man bitch and moan and repeat the same stuff day on day. Weird.

You were just as repetitive/obsessed with how shit Rooney was & equally how great Goodwillie was & May. 

Glass hooses ?

• Haha 1
24 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

You’re missing the point.

They identified their targets & went & got them.

We just seem to pontificate & generally fuck about. 

Mind you, we could with offloading a few of McInnes & Glass’s duds first

Worst of it is that we can only imagine the wages Glass has spunked on his cluster fk first window. 
The board actually have full access to see figures ? probably explains how Glass now claims he has such ‘a brilliant squad’  but reality is the rest of board have reigned in his & Cormack’s fantasy league attitudes.

His ‘brilliant squad’ chat is the chat from a desperate man with no options left but to wish for a miracle 

Almost two thirds through January window & the manager has done absolutely NOTHING with view to improve the team for remainder of season. Crazy when you consider how bad his team/squad has been for first half of season. 

We signed a yank that will most likely take a good few months to adapt to pro/Scottish game. 
We have been trying to sign a keeper as well. 

Glass not exactly showing his assessment of where the importance of strengthening is best suited

54 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The longer it goes without a decent signing the more we'll turn on each other. 

That's how things work in the transfer windows usually. 

And then more arguments ensue when Joe Bloggs from Rotherham signs on loan ?

Joking aside, when was the last transfer window when the majority thought we’d had a good window? 
My memory is a bit hazy as to when we signed players. 

52 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

It can also be done if you have a capable manager or one that didn’t make a total arse of his first window & has lost all trust. Miss placed trust in first place I may add, so essentially this is all on Cormack & his faith in allowing Glass to sign almost a dozen shite signings on fk knows how much wages & loan/signing on fees

Not having an HoR in early was a major fuck up.

He was here effectively after the work had been done for the summer.